The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any point to me buying the dlc?

Kholty22
Kholty22
✭✭✭
I am just looking for some opinions. I haven't even reached vr14 yet, quite frankly I have a while before I even get there. I'm only vr3 and vr1 on 2 other toons. Is there a point to buying it? I don't want to waste money on something that won't even benefit me right now. But maybe i'm missing something...

Best Answers

• BeatnikChef
    If you feel like it won't benefit you now then wait. DLC will still be there if you want it.
    Answer ✓
  • MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    If you enjoy pvp then yes go for it, I'm a v6 and am enjoying it very much, killed countless v16s solo.
    Answer ✓
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like Cyrodiil, Yes.

If you like or want to PVP, Yes.

Players can enter Cyrodiil AND IC at level 10. WHILE a level 10 will be at a huge disadvantage, they CAN enter both.

If you expect to not get killed by other players and loose your IC coins. No.

If you expect solo content. No.

If you expect it to be easy. No.

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Answer ✓
  • dreamfarer
    dreamfarer
    ✭✭✭
    As a solo VR6 Nightblade wandering around in the city and the sewers, I've had a lot of fun so far. There are chests you can pick for loot and Tel Var stones, there's exploration experience to get, and there's a number of Sky Shards you can collect.

The danger of being killed, either by another player or one of the overpowered mobs in the zone fits perfectly with Nightblade too. Normally we can just plow into packs of mobs and Cuisinart them to death. In IC, if you're a lowbie, its definitely worth playing it like a stealth game.
    Answer ✓
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    The battle scaling makes players under v14 reasonably powerful. If you've got zero interest in PvP, then yes, wait, but If you think you might be interested, then sure, it's worth it. There are some lower level sets that are very strong in conjunction with the battle leveling. You'd want to aim for % increases (like the regen increase from willow's path.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Answer ✓
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't buy the DLC, instead I went with ESO plus. Glad I did cause IC is fun and all but not really my cup of tea. It's like they couldn't decide if they were making a PvE or a PvP DLC. I can see maybe 3 months tops before it becomes low population like Craglorn. Myself, I'm glad I went ESO plus for a month cause I got to check out the DLC and can carry the crowns over for the next DLC (which is suppose to be more solo/pve freindly).

The main quest is about 6 to 8 hours long visiting each district. I didn't level up 1 VR from the entire IC quest line at VR 12. If you don't play now then good luck with IC main quest a month from now. There's some real big baddies that need a group to take down like the Temple Titian.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Answer ✓
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    The main quest is about 6 to 8 hours long visiting each district. I didn't level up 1 VR from the entire IC quest line at VR 12.

Interesting..
    We had a guildie who was VR14 and killed a mob to be VR15 right before we started doing all six districts, a group of six guildies, two of whom had done the whole thing already. We did all six district quests inside of two and a half hours, including the final fight. She dinged VR16 before we went into the concluding dungeon. Part of the time savings was because we had guides who knew where to go..
    I wonder if you didnt level because, at 5 levels below level of the quest, you had a handicap.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 17, 2015 10:44PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Answer ✓
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    The main quest is about 6 to 8 hours long visiting each district. I didn't level up 1 VR from the entire IC quest line at VR 12.

Interesting..
    We had a guildie who was VR14 and killed a mob to be VR15 right before we started doing all six districts, a group of six guildies, two of whom had done the whole thing already. We did all six district quests inside of two and a half hours, including the final fight. She dinged VR16 before we went into the concluding dungeon. Part of the time savings was because we had guides who knew where to go..
    I wonder if you didnt level because, at 5 levels below level of the quest, you had a handicap.

I soloed the entire quest line and stealth past trash mobs. Didn't need a group since there's so many players in IC right now. I ran in and tagged the boss to get credit. That's probably why your group was leveling up so fast. You're fighting as you go along.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Answer ✓
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    If you purchase the dlc you have access to 2 new dungeons, that's the only reason why i got it. I'm not much into pvp either, maybe for now anyway
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
    Answer ✓
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy the DLC, instead I went with ESO plus. Glad I did cause IC is fun and all but not really my cup of tea. It's like they couldn't decide if they were making a PvE or a PvP DLC. I can see maybe 3 months tops before it becomes low population like Craglorn. Myself, I'm glad I went ESO plus for a month cause I got to check out the DLC and can carry the crowns over for the next DLC (which is suppose to be more solo/pve freindly).
    ^This. Do this. That's the advice I've been giving to everyone who's on the fence about whether to get this DLC. Subscribe for a month, don't spend the crowns you get with your sub, and then you've got a month to try out IC and decide if you like it enough to buy it. If you do, then you've already got 1500 crowns to put toward the price. If you don't, then you're sitting on 1500 crowns to put toward the next DLC if you want to buy that one.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)