Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Character - Main Quest

BTouch55
BTouch55
Soul Shriven
I originally started the game as Ebonheart but only got to level 6, I done the first part of the main quest. I have since started a new character as Dagerfall, I skipped the tutorial, and the prophet hasn't appeared. What happens with the main quest, do I just wait until level 10 when the Prophet appears again or am I only able to do the quest with my first character?

Thanks
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Prophet should appear with The Harborage quest at Level 5. If you skip the tutorial, he doesn't turn up in the first house, as that's only to end the tutorial quest.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BTouch55
    BTouch55
    Soul Shriven
    Hmmmm, I'm now level 6 and nothing has appeared.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange... have you been into the city recently? There was a bug a while back which caused the Prophet to not appear if the tutorial was skipped, but that was supposedly fixed. You could always try going back into the house that you woke up in and see if that causes him to start working properly.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BTouch55
    BTouch55
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I googled the problem and saw the bugs but nobody lately seems to have the problem. I will go back and look again. Cheers.
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    Any luck, BTouch55?

You might just want to go straight to the Harborage and see if he's there waiting for you, being all old and mothy.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check your journal, you may have missed him (the quest would show up in the journal) or your quest log is full.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Several times, I missed him, but barely. Once, I heard his voice as I was moving somewhere fast, and by the time the game put his "ghost" up, I was already way past him and never saw him when I stopped.

So, yeah, you can miss him.

Good luck.

• korbrent
    korbrent
    ✭✭
    I don't know if you are still having this problem but, the easiest way to bypass his is to go to the harborage, no matter if gtis glitchh is happening or not he will always be there.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case the Prophet appeared to me yet when I went outside the starting city by one of city gates. From there he asked me to go to harborage for the first time.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."