Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City PVE Story?

DaBX
DaBX
Soul Shriven
So where exactly is the PVE portion to play the add on story? After hours in sewers and roaming the imperial city I could not find this portion of the dlc without getting swarmed and obliterated by other alliances. Just want to do the quest for this dlc anyone with the know how please share. Thank you.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole of Imperial City is PvP-enabled, so there is always a chance of running into enemy players. The story quests can be found in each District, and there's a list of them here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Imperial_City#Quests
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ArcticWolfy
    ArcticWolfy
    ✭✭
    Pve should be separate to pvp. If I wanted to pvp I'd do that.
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want the chance of getting killed by players you shouldn't go into an area where PvP in enabled.
  • DaBX
    DaBX
    Soul Shriven
    ??? The entire dlc is pvp enabled! Which makes the PVE aspect of it redundant. Players who enjoy PVE wasted there money on this content. As you can't even complete it without pvp exploiting the mechanics of the game. I honestly wonder how Zos overlooked this. But then again I'm not surprised.
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    DaBX wrote: »
    ??? The entire dlc is pvp enabled! Which makes the PVE aspect of it redundant. Players who enjoy PVE wasted there money on this content. As you can't even complete it without pvp exploiting the mechanics of the game. I honestly wonder how Zos overlooked this. But then again I'm not surprised.
    See, this is why you inform yourself on a product before buying it. We knew that IC was going to have PvP enabled for ages before it was released.

The next DLC, Orsinium, seems to be right up your alley though.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seem's everyone knew if was a pvp area but you, this is why you should actually check the content your buying instead of blindly buying it.

It's your mistake not Zos.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly wonder how Zos overlooked this.
    They intentionally designed it this way.

• rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entire point of IC expansion was adding a new style of gameplay. Mixed PVE-PVP.

This is actually a good thing, once you get your head around it.

Now, if you want pure PVE, there is plenty of it.

If you want hardcore PVE, dungeons and Craglorn.

If you want pure PK, Cyrodil and IC.

If you want PVP-PVP-exploration all joined together, exploration with the thrill of knowing that you need to be careful, IC.

I wish the entire game was PVP anywhere because it gives meaning to your stats, belongings, etc. It makes you need to be careful and think ahead.
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    I was more disappointed with the PvE story than all this complaining about the PvP-PvE mesh. The premise was supposed to be learning about the reason behind Molag Bal's invasion. The payoff, while visually interesting, was lackluster. I was hoping for something deeper. What with Molag Bal's cryptic last words at the end of the main quest, I was hoping for a deeper purpose than...what we got in the Imperial City.
  • pearsonw
    pearsonw
    Let me start by saying, I don't pvp. I am currently leveling my only character. I'm vet 12 and just finishing last zone for caldwells gold. Next stop is the IC for me and to be honest I'm excited because it's going to break up the quest grind a bit, and I think making the zone pvpve is cool because it forces all three sides to come together and make pushes to help each other out completing quests. The only downfall I see is in a couple months when all the hard cores are geared up, the up and Comming pve's will be easy prey for gank squads. But I guess that would be the same for all 3 factions... now that I think of it it might be cool because it will be small squads fighting instead of zero wars. Either way once Bangkori is done I'll be on the front lines of IC. See you guys there!
  • pearsonw
    pearsonw
    Kind of like the abyss in Aion.. which I loved
  • Wimbuut

I feel the same way.. this is probably one of the reasons a lot of players wont buy the DLC. That counts for me aswel
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I play lots of PVE and I accomplished most of the IC storyline quests by sneaking. Also with the help of 2-3 friends.
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    I think people who don't like PvP should try Imperial City anyway. Like Brightxdawn said, if you sneak or have a group of friends you won't many problems.

This also might be a way to find enjoyment in PvP whereas you didn't before. It's not exactly like the rest of Cyrodiil! Always good to try new iterations of things :)