Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign rewards AP - 7 vs 30 day

willymchilybily
willymchilybily
✭✭✭✭
So I saw this in patch notes:

47389545a3231c0cf20c3ebb8695a1.png

So is this correct? the rewards bracket have the same AP threshold?

so basically I thought the 7 day campaign is for newbies like me but actually I'd be better doing the 30 day campaign unless trying to make it into the top 2 or 3% because It'd be much easier to get into the tier 3 in those 30 days opposed to do the same but in a week?

Or is it that you get less AP gains in a 30 day campaign? so if I'm still levelling alliance skills I should stick to my 7 day campaigns?

Or is it typo?

Some feedback or guidance is welcome.
PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    You can earn 30k AP in a day by passively running with a Zerg. If you're active you can earn more. Some AP farmers can earn 100,000 in an hour or two.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    @phaseadept that's nice to know also, but in regards to AP thresholds... Is this correct?

I don't do more than about 15k AP -30k AP in a evening/session depending how busy the server is I'm still practicing, my set up and class vs other setups and classes. so getting to top 3 tier in 6/7 days for 5 weeks 30/35 days or 6/30 day for the same rewards is a big difference for me when I'm away with work or out at the weekend.

And if I can pull more time than that great the more I can buy more stuff, or run cyrodil with an alt, but just from a point of view of AP do these limits seem correct?
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    They do seem correct. I found it interesting that I was always pushing for tier 3 in a short campaign, but have it on day one in a 30 day.

It is not easier to get into the top 2% on a 30 day.

The AP gains don't seem to be different on the shorter campaigns, you just get rewards more often, but less in the same time span.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @phaseadept

Yes I imagine short campaigns = more bites at the apple to be in top % AP and they look less populate, so I can see the appeal, but when IC hits PS4 I think I'll have to switch campaigns. More players and a reward system more suited to my PVP activity. Also should max my VR in 30 days so get all max VR campaign rewards, where as in a week I might not quite manage to go from VR 12-VR16 and PVP as much as I'd need to to achieve both.

I'm actually a little excited!
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭