Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirnhoned Light Armor - Worth it after 1.7 IC DLC?

tactica
tactica
✭✭✭
I'm PS4 player looking at receiving the IC update DLC tomorrow. I'm curious with the changes to Nirnhoned not affecting the total armor score, but affecting the individual armor piece, has someone looked at the math of Nirnhoned value on things like light Armor vs. Medium vs. Heavy armor post DLC?

Is the benefit there for light armor?

It would seem you get more benefit of the trait on medium and heavy pieces of gear vs. light pieces now after IC... true?

If anyone has done the Elder-Math Scrolls-Theory on this... please let me know.

I'm just now starting to learn various traits and play a few different magicka builds. I'd like to know what is and is not worth my time to learn... besides just going for the 9-trait stuff.

Cheers,
NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
Knowledge is Power
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks can still make use of Nirnhoned on some of their major heavy pieces (chest / legs) but its not a good idea for Light Armor. Tanks value their overall Armor rating, and Nirnhoned can help in this regard. Light Armor is best suited for healers and damage dealers, so traits like Infused and Divine are far more useful.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    @Thelon

Thanks for the reply.

That makes sense. I've seen more than one build (probably outdated) where Nirnhoned was valued for end game PvE dungeon content, but just couldn't see how that would translate in a post IC (1.7) world where Nirnhoned was based on individual pieces and not total armor value.

It seems one would want to learn the trait now, less for actual use and more for learning all the traits for crafting.

Go figure.

Cheers,
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power