Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We really need to see more of Darien Guatier, and, who/what the hell is he? [SPOILERS]

Blackbird_V
Blackbird_V
✭✭✭✭✭
Most interesting NPCs I've come across. I know a thread was made before regarding this, but that was old.

He's literally in mostly every DC main quest, he's been "bitten by vampires" had premonitions of being in coldharbour and what seems to be in Meridia's realm...

He went through fog/smoke/whatever it is unharmed, without the amulet to protect you, and again: mauled by vampires and more. His last appearance was in coldharbour, and with him seeming immortal what the hell happened to him?

It'd be nice in upcoming DLC's where you can enter another Daedric prince's realm (heard rumours, if that is wrong correct me) to see Darien again.

He's a funny and damn right interesting NPC.

Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of threads on this. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something about him in a future DLC. Personally, I agree with the theory he's Sanguine. I read something about a popular Ebonheart NPC (sorry haven't played EP content since beta) that might have some story development in Orsinium. It's a good opportunity to use future PvE content packs/expansions to build up on some of the favorite NPC's.

EDIT: I think the source on that EP NPC was either a discussion during Elder Scrolls Off the Record or the IGN article about ESO having a resurgence that came out on Thursday or Friday last week. They might have been citing to an episode of ESO Live as their source but I really can't remember.
    Edited by Surragard on September 20, 2015 10:27PM
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • TheBritishBunny
    Oooooh how I love thee Darien. Sigh.

And it would be most interesting if it does turn out that he is Sanguine, as in the game Skyrim I had pretty much used my Sanguine Rose pretty much all the time. Haha.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dovahkiin Empire
    Breton/Sorceress
    DPS/Asskicker

How would you like me to cut off that ugly fat of yours? By chopping your head off! - Wayrest Headsman.
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    Father or grandfather of Tiber Septim, obviously.

• RhajaZola
    RhajaZola
    He rocks, I have been playing with that NPC since beta!!

I was sad to hear he disappeared in cold harbor went out like a hero to, he is the best ass ever!!!