Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ESO Motif/Costume/Mount/Pet Design Contests?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    please add these!!

22621-1-1345332126.png

22621-3-1345332127.png

5olNKmV.jpg

14709-3-1333925075.jpg

Skyrim_Daedric.jpg

55618-1-1404547829.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Insert Uncle Sheo's costume here*
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea! We'll see what we can do. :)

Has there been any development on this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? What was the response from the dev team regarding a contest such as this?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love this to be an official competition! :) I'd have loads of fun creating concepts for creatures etc!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Soris wrote: »
    ALL OF THIS
    https://youtu.be/NTZNu7c5_9s?t=6m42s
    start at 6:41

and this
    34615-3-1365561367.png

Makes eso look like crap....lol

Hey I'm gonna wear fur because it's super freaking cold and snowy but look at all of my exposed sexy skin!
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno You just made me super, super excited. Ppppllllleeeeaaaasssseeee push for something like this! You'd be able to see what the players would like to see in motofs and outfits!
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • GrumpStump
    GrumpStump
    ✭✭✭
    I want this too. I'm no artist, but there are many. many, talented people here. I can't think of any downside to doing this.

GrumpStump
    ESO+ Subbed until December 2019
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a game one day where you could design your own characters, pets, armour and weapon styles using say Blender or mara, perhaps based on models provided.

Perhaps even go as far to create your own animations too, it could become quite a social thing where guildies could work together on projects within a specified criteria.

The resulting creations could then be submitted for approval.

Of course, I don't want to take anything away from the actual great work in-game designers do, but I think it would be a great way to perhaps spot new talent and create even more immersion.
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taisynn wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno You just made me super, super excited. Ppppllllleeeeaaaasssseeee push for something like this! You'd be able to see what the players would like to see in motofs and outfits!

Don't get too excited @Taisynn. That response was from over 6 months ago. There hasn't been any mention of it since.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a game one day where you could design your own characters, pets, armour and weapon styles using say Blender or mara, perhaps based on models provided.

Perhaps even go as far to create your own animations too, it could become quite a social thing where guildies could work together on projects within a specified criteria.

Of course, I don't want to take anything away from the actual great work in-game designers do, but I think it would be a great way to perhaps spot new talent and create even more immersion.

Second life has been doing this since 2003 @Shadowfx1970
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Perhaps even go as far to create your own animations too, it could become quite a social thing where guildies could work together on projects within a specified criteria

I haven't looked at second life for about 10 years forgot they did that
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps even go as far to create your own animations too, it could become quite a social thing where guildies could work together on projects within a specified criteria

Yea, I'm surprised more programs haven't taken inspiration from them. Of course, since Second Life is kind of the 4Chan of MMOs other devs might be taking inspiration by avoiding the practice like the plague. :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭

Yea, I'm surprised more programs haven't taken inspiration from them. Of course, since Second Life is kind of the 4Chan of MMOs other devs might be taking inspiration by avoiding the practice like the plague. :lol:

Yeah I think the creations have to be kept within parameters such as game lore otherwise things would get pretty out of hand, I'm still getting my head around the fact it was 10 years ago and it was the next big thing, geez I'm feeling old
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick awesome man!

My contrition: Pots and pans robot motif

Think about it

:sunglasses:
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    @Gidorick awesome man!

My contrition: Pots and pans robot motif

Think about it

:sunglasses:

lol... so, like...
    IMG_1578.jpg
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12157599985_a9b8f69f91_o.jpg

This one please.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see this happening. There'd be a lot of legal hoop jumping to get this done. Star Trek Online did something similar with their 'Build the next Enterprise' competition. It turned out to be a legal pain to get the rights to the image and then there were a few other ships that werent canon but generally well regarded by the community that they eventually obtained. And that just soured things for them.

I can see ZOS Legal grinding their teeth at the thought of having to do this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see this happening. There'd be a lot of legal hoop jumping to get this done. Star Trek Online did something similar with their 'Build the next Enterprise' competition. It turned out to be a legal pain to get the rights to the image and then there were a few other ships that werent canon but generally well regarded by the community that they eventually obtained. And that just soured things for them.

I can see ZOS Legal grinding their teeth at the thought of having to do this.

How does Koei Tecmo do it with DOA5 do it @Korah_Eaglecry ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYLLEqiwXM

The original contest winner page is here: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/halloween2014/

They did the same for 2015 and are doing it this year too.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    badass_orc_by_mralejox-d8ypicl.jpg

Imagine if that hammer was Volendrung from Skyrim.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    please add these!!

22621-1-1345332126.png

22621-3-1345332127.png

5olNKmV.jpg

14709-3-1333925075.jpg

Skyrim_Daedric.jpg

55618-1-1404547829.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

With the outfit system coming soon I wanted to bring this thread back to life.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    07102013MarcovDraeven.jpg
    Kylar-Stern-and-the-Black-Kakari.jpg
    1585dba8c453d5a464adb725c252028c.jpg
    75102f9a0fe0de505b2bde6785503a01.jpg
    latest?cb=20121001003405
    95348a23c27c9636ca165dbc0f759f26.jpg
    latest?cb=20130205221333
    latest?cb=20131209035628
    4d9d47202f9bcfacfc3982fe65d2eea1.jpg
    PZO9267_CaydenCailean.jpg
    99212516e069a46669da0574d3bc674e.jpg
    PZO9508-Skiver.jpg
    PZO9018-EandoKline.jpg
    PZO90100-Damon.jpg
    vencarlo_by_njoo.jpg
    ghost_pal.jpg?1386029044
    knight_by_nemanja_s-d60ikuf.jpg
    mercenary_by_gpzang-d78fpsd.jpg

sorry I'm an outfit junky
    Edited by rynth on January 9, 2018 12:42AM
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this:
    sohma.png