The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

switching bars for more damage work or no?

chevalierknight
chevalierknight
✭✭✭
If i cast these abiltys that ill list on my restro bar will the gain my dual wield bars spell power if i switch to said bar after casting

Bats

Both Magic dets

Healing ward and on healing ward if i cast it on my restro bar and switch to dw bar that has swallow souls with the heal get the 8% heal ?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a small test on a sorc, and I think the same applies in that case.

- Cast velocious curse on a target, get a certain amount of damage (let's say 1000 to make it simple)
    - Cast entropy to get the damage buff, then cast velocious curse, the curse hits for increased damage (let's say 1200)
    - This time, cast velocious curse, and then entropy: the curse hits for 1200, even tho it was cast before you get extra spell power.

This leads me to think that Magic detonation / healing ward will benefit from increased spell power / healing.

This might be different for bats, and prefer to remain silent on this until someone can confirm whether it's the same mechanic.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    I did a small test on a sorc, and I think the same applies in that case.

- Cast velocious curse on a target, get a certain amount of damage (let's say 1000 to make it simple)
    - Cast entropy to get the damage buff, then cast velocious curse, the curse hits for increased damage (let's say 1200)
    - This time, cast velocious curse, and then entropy: the curse hits for 1200, even tho it was cast before you get extra spell power.

This leads me to think that Magic detonation / healing ward will benefit from increased spell power / healing.

This might be different for bats, and prefer to remain silent on this until someone can confirm whether it's the same mechanic.

So it seem to cheak spell damage when damage is done hmmm
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage is calculated on the moment of the hit.

If I cast curse and buff up later the curse dmg will be increased, switching weapons works the same.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer