Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About Darien Gautier *spoilers*

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
At the end of Coldharbour's storyline, you, Valen, Gabrielle and King Dynar get teleported to safety while Darien and your other friends are still fighting.

Is Darien dead?
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Officially, we don't know. I think it is left ambiguous in case they decide to expand on it some time in the future.
    If you play through the Covenant storyline, and hear all of his dialogue and find all of his journal entries, there is the suggestion that he may be stuck in some sort of time loop - after the battle in Coldharbour, he wakes up just prior to the werewolf events in Camlorn.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't too happy about the ending. Although Darien is kind of annoying in the beginning, he grew on me and I was really
    disappointed that he wasn't "saved" at the end. When you finish the Reaper stronghold you get to select one character to go with you to go into the labyrinth, and the last time I choose the Orc NPC. This time I opted for Darien, maybe it will change something.

They could have left the king behind, IMO. He lived way past his race, and could have died back there where they were fighting.

• Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I think it doesn't matter who you select to go with you. Either way I played it, Darien didn't make it.

And the (non-) reward at the end was overwhelming. I mean I got a sword from the king, and I'm a caster - useless. At least at the end of the "vestige" quest you get a nice staff.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it doesn't matter who you select to go with you. Either way I played it, Darien didn't make it.

And the (non-) reward at the end was overwhelming. I mean I got a sword from the king, and I'm a caster - useless. At least at the end of the "vestige" quest you get a nice staff.

Which of course is useless if you're not a caster. See what I did there? The quest rewards aren't always going to be something your current character can use. Thus is life. They could fix it if they wanted - by adding in multiple quest rewards and then letting the player pick - but at this stage of the game, that would be a lot of extra work.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

Which of course is useless if you're not a caster. See what I did there? The quest rewards aren't always going to be something your current character can use. Thus is life. They could fix it if they wanted - by adding in multiple quest rewards and then letting the player pick - but at this stage of the game, that would be a lot of extra work.

i requested they give multiple options back in beta. They have never had an interest in giving players decent rewards.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

i requested they give multiple options back in beta. They have never had an interest in giving players decent rewards.

Back in beta and early launch I recall the talk being that the equipment we would be able to craft would be so good that quest rewards and loot wouldn't be significant late game.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • ultimateavatarb16_ESO
    ultimateavatarb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    At the end of Coldharbour's storyline, you, Valen, Gabrielle and King Dynar get teleported to safety while Darien and your other friends are still fighting.

Is Darien dead?
    A strange note is found in the library, at the end of Wrothgar main quest. Look over there.
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    No