Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light Armor Set Combinations

Anyolname
Anyolname
I am getting close to being VR10, and I would like to refine the items I wear to make the most of my class. I am built primarily as healing Templar with DPS as an after thought. Is there one set of armor, or combinations of sets, that I should be looking at to make me a viable healer on higher missions and not be so squishy? I was looking at the Stendarr and Healer sets and thinking I could combine the two, but not sure that is a good idea. Suggestions?
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    I can tell you what I run. Let it be known I'm PVE 100% of the time. So this isn't a PVP build and wouldn't read beyond this sentence if that is what you are looking for.

This may not be the end all be all but it works for my group and works well. I have no mana issues and I can solo trash dungeon mobs on vet and any open world mobs without problems.

I'm all magika for the most part. I think I have about 10 points into health to help survive big boss hits. My primary bar is healing.

Bar 1 - Healing
    Grand Healing morphed to Healing Springs
    Regeneration morphed to Rapid Regeneration
    Restoring Aura morphed to Repentance
    Rushed Ceremony morphed to Breath of Life
    Magelight morpehed to Raidant Magelight (This one gets swapped out from time to time - Mage Guild)
    Ultimate: Rite of Passage morphed to Practiced Incantation

Bar 2 - DPS mixed
    Radiant Destruction morphed to Radiant Oppression (finisher or ranged DPS if I can't get near boss)
    Magelight morpehed to Raidant Magelight (so I don't have to recast as I weapon swap constantly)
    Weakness to Elements morphed to Elemental Drain (for the two sorcs I normally run with - Destruction Staff)
    Cleansing Ritual morphed to Purifying Ritual
    Puncturing Strikes morphed to Puncturing Sweep (for self healing)
    Ultimate: Nova morphed to Solar Disturbance

Gear (all light armor except engine guardian helm which is medium)
    Engine Guardian Helm/Shoulders
    4/5 Of the Healer
    5/5 Seducer
    Healing staff for Bar 1 and Destro staff for bar 2
    Health enchants on "big gear" with bonus to enchant
    Magika enchants on smaller gear with mundus stone bonus
    Mundus stone is magic regen

My goal was to get mana regen pretty high and add in some health for heavy hitting boss mobs. I use purple food to boost all 3 stats and with my repentance on I think my mana regen sits at around 2000. Magic is at about 25k health about 19.5k and sta maybe 10k if that. I have all passives in my 3 templar trees for sure. My crit sits at about 60% with magelight running.

With bar 2 I can use puncturing sweeps on a lot of stuff pretty effectively without having to cast my own heals most of the time. Bigger mobs force me to swap and heal at times. And Radiant Oppression is just silly. My focus wasn't on maximizing my DPS but trying to be good at healing first and provide additional DPS when I can. I haven't had much problems killing anything solo in open world and zero problems healing in dungeons with that mana regen. I am a bit soft though at 19k health and low physical resistance.

Again this isn't what I would consider THE build for templars. It just works for me. Some of the stuff up there I been wanting to swap out on bar two like magelight or elements and go more into DPS skills but haven't tried yet. I'm rarely having to rely on my Rite of Passage healing skill. I use it in some situations as a rule but mostly my mana regen and passives cover me for using Breath of Life, Healing Springs, and Rapid Regeneration while always having Purifying Ritual down. If I ever start to get low on mana I'll throw in a few heavy attacks and be good again. I seem to only NEED pots after I should happen to die and get rezzed. I'll pop a pot to get my magic back faster and go right back into healing/dps.

I'll certainly be interested in what other templars have to say as well.

EDIT: If you are solo'ing a lot I might swap nova out for Radial Sweep morphed to Empowering Sweep. I loved it's low cost ultimate cast time when I used to solo a lot and great on packs of mobs. I used Nova to drop on trash mobs in dungeons or boss mobs for the tank to activate since I don't normally get up close to the bigger dungeon bosses. Plus nova doesn't take too long to fill as a healer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyolname wrote: »
    I am getting close to being VR10, and I would like to refine the items I wear to make the most of my class. I am built primarily as healing Templar with DPS as an after thought. Is there one set of armor, or combinations of sets, that I should be looking at to make me a viable healer on higher missions and not be so squishy? I was looking at the Stendarr and Healer sets and thinking I could combine the two, but not sure that is a good idea. Suggestions?

Squishy? You can't go all Light Armor. Wear two pieces of Heavy, and 5 Light. I reccomend Chest and Helm or Greaves and Helm (if your hiding your helm, otherwise Chest and Legs) for the best over all look.

As for gear, at the VR10 to VR14, I really like Soulshine for Casters. You can get 2 rings/bands and a necklace, then pick up the legs and helm (the chest piece is weird in the shoulder area without the set pauldrons). The question becomes what to do with the other 5 piece. Me, I am in the Cost Reduction camp as opposed to the Regen Camp. So, I use 5 piece Seducer. I never run out of magic and I have lots of spell power. I also put Kuta Spell Cost Reductions on jewelry.

However, your still going to be "squishy" to an extent. The best way to counter that is to run a shield, or, use Jabs as your main attack as it heals you while stopping attacks. Or, just accept the inevitable damage and heal your self. I mean, your a Templar, you have the best heals in the game, slot Breath of Life and add it to your rotation and don't just use it when your bar is at 50%.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Anyolname
    Anyolname
    Thanks for the tips guys. Good insite.