The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how does force shock work?

chevalierknight
chevalierknight
✭✭✭
Does the effect stack or refresh and can you have all 3 up?

And what do the effects do?
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Bump anyone?
    Edited by chevalierknight on September 10, 2015 7:01AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cannot have all three as the effect is tied to the element of your destro staff, and you do have only 2 weapons slots.
    and as i do not know anyone using 2destro staffs AND force shock on each bar i can not tell you if it is even possible to stack two or more.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    i'm using my destroy staff now and it's applying all three effects. and on random occasion it will do a big tick of "explosion" which I have always been curious about. I'm just going off what FTC and the visual FX are showing me.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    you cannot have all three as the effect is tied to the element of your destro staff, and you do have only 2 weapons slots.
    and as i do not know anyone using 2destro staffs AND force shock on each bar i can not tell you if it is even possible to stack two or more.

Read the tool tip it has a chance to add either effects im just not sure if they stack or refresh and what they do iv seen lightning and a fire effect i think you're thinking of flame clutch.

And bump any one know if they stack and what effects do?
    Edited by chevalierknight on September 10, 2015 5:01PM
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Still no answer guess this forum turn in to WoW forum just a place to complain about rouges and paledins
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue friend is most people go for crushing shock for the interrupt. As far as i have seen force shock will randomly add a status effect and will replace one with the other.

I dont remember ever seeing someone both on fire and snared or stunned from one hit.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Force shock applies fire, shock, and ice damage at a base level. With each element having a % chance to apply burning, stun, and concussion affect to target. If you check tool tip it says something like causes x amount fire damage, x amount shock, and x amount ice damage. That paired with the destro staff passive that gives your elemental attacks to a % chance to proc the burning, stun and concussion affect to target. That passives only works with destruction staff abilities. So force shock has a chance to apply all 3 affects because the skill hits with all 3 elements. But if you have a fire staff equipped and use elemental ring (that does whatever element damage that your staff is). The skill, when used does "fire ring" since it is fire damage it has a chance to proc burning affect because of the passive. FYI, burning affect causes a small dot affect, shock affect causes disorientation and concussion (ice) causes stun I think. I will have to look at the destro staff passive again. Hope this helps.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Crushing shock is great for pvp due to interrupt and can be handy in some pve situations but if you want to maximize dps in pve, force pulse is the better choice.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The issue friend is most people go for crushing shock for the interrupt. As far as i have seen force shock will randomly add a status effect and will replace one with the other.

I dont remember ever seeing someone both on fire and snared or stunned from one hit.
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    Force shock applies fire, shock, and ice damage at a base level. With each element having a % chance to apply burning, stun, and concussion affect to target. If you check tool tip it says something like causes x amount fire damage, x amount shock, and x amount ice damage. That paired with the destro staff passive that gives your elemental attacks to a % chance to proc the burning, stun and concussion affect to target. That passives only works with destruction staff abilities. So force shock has a chance to apply all 3 affects because the skill hits with all 3 elements. But if you have a fire staff equipped and use elemental ring (that does whatever element damage that your staff is). The skill, when used does "fire ring" since it is fire damage it has a chance to proc burning affect because of the passive. FYI, burning affect causes a small dot affect, shock affect causes disorientation and concussion (ice) causes stun I think. I will have to look at the destro staff passive again. Hope this helps.

I cant put answer tick using xbox but thanks not level my mage ult because didnt know the effectiveness of this abilty
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »

What is element ring?
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    What is element ring?

Elemental Ring. The morph of Impulse that is the last skill of destrostaff skill line.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does all 3 damage types, but they can each be reduced or resisted. As for the effect like concussion, burning, etc I think it isn't applied with force shock.

Other abilities have a chance to do it like wall of elements. Crushing shock is more useful for PvE and PvP if you don't have a ranged interrupt handy.

If you want to use force shock I think its better if your melee based or a tank that can handle lots of damage.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    del, i'm wrong :)

Edited by LameoveR on September 12, 2015 3:17PM