The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Larger-quantity Crown Packs, please!

Divinius
Divinius
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll admit it... I'm one of those people that has more real life money to spend than time to play, so I enjoy throwing my money at things on the crown store. My wife also likes all the "pretty outfits" and such, so we spend a good deal on the cosmetic items as well. (Judge me if you want, but people like us are supporting the game, so... :smile: )

Anyway, with the prices on things like the rare Motifs being 5000 crowns each, and the new bank space upgrades being 1000 each, we are finding ourselves buying quite a few crowns. However, the largest crown pack available is only 5500 crowns. This is inconvenient. For example, just to get a full set of all the rare motifs for one crafting character, I'd have to buy the largest crown pack available 3 separate times!

It would be very nice (as well as much more convenient for people like us) if we could buy crowns in larger quantities. The main reason I'd like larger quantity packs would be for additional discounts in crown prices (since the crowns currently get less expensive per-crown as the pack quantity increases), but even without additional discounts, just having the convenience of not needing multiple transactions would be a benefit.

Here's what's offered currently:

750 crown pack for $7.99 US (1.07 cents per crown)
1500 crown pack for $14.99 US (1.00 cents per crown)
3000 crown pack for $24.99 US (0.83 cents per crown)
5500 crown pack for $39.99 US (0.73 cents per crown)

I took the liberty of suggesting some additional crown pack quantities and prices, based on the existing discount trend... I'd love to see the following:

11000 crown pack for $71.99 US (0.65 cents per crown)
20000 crown pack for $119.99 US (0.60 cents per crown)
35000 crown pack for $199.99 US (0.57 cents per crown)

Please ZOS, make it easier for us to give you our money! :smile:

{edited for typos}
Edited by Divinius on September 9, 2015 4:18PM
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    I have plenty of money to throw at games as well, TBH, I am a hardcore pay to win player. However, i disagree with this. I think it's fine the way that it is. There's isn't enough in the store to want to buy all those crowns. Maybe later on down the road when they have more expensive things or simply more things to spend crowns on. But for now, there really isn't a "use".
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty of money to throw at games as well, TBH, I am a hardcore pay to win player. However, i disagree with this. I think it's fine the way that it is. There's isn't enough in the store to want to buy all those crowns. Maybe later on down the road when they have more expensive things or simply more things to spend crowns on. But for now, there really isn't a "use".

agreed with this. my last mmo was very pay 2 win(p2w) but could also grind to get the same things just took longer a lot longer. so in the end ended up spending near 3000 in the game. sometimes I would buy these packs that had a random droprate to get some very very rare like 0.01% chance to get items that were very valuable. I would dump 2-300 at a time to gamble away at what I would get. that being said the crown store goodies aren't really worth it I mean 5k crowns for imperial motif. imp motif is worth 125k in game it would take a few nights of grinding for that cost. where as in my last mmo something like that would probably take closer to a month for haha. they don't have enough items in the crown store worth buying more crowns than 5500. imo atleast
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    I brought the 39.99 crown pack three times last month.. So I'm all for one more larger pack if there is a bigger discount of course >:)
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there may not be a use for you, there very much would be a use for me and other players like me. Like the poster above me, I've purchased the $39.99 pack several times since the latest update, sometimes multiple times in a row. If I want 20k crowns, having to click through the transaction 4 times, instead of just once, is silly.

And since adding more options for larger packs wouldn't affect players who want the smaller packs in any way, I'm not sure why anyone would need to actually oppose this idea. It's fine if many players simply don't think it's needed, as for many players, it may not be. But since it would be very simple to add in more options, and there are definitely players who would take advantage of it, I see no reason for them not to do this.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree - why would anyone actually oppose the idea?

I'd also like to see them implement 3-month and 6-month ESO+ subscriptions like they have on PC. On PC, you can purchase a 6-month subscription ($12.99 month iir) and you get 9000 Crowns up front.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I personally don't need this, I think that if the whales are hungry for larger crown packages, ZOS should feed them. Then everyone can buy what they want more conveniently.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Although I personally don't need this, I think that if the whales are hungry for larger crown packages, ZOS should feed them. Then everyone can buy what they want more conveniently.
    Exactly. While very few people might want to buy them in such large quantities, those that would are exactly the types of people that ZOS needs to be catering to, since they are the ones willing to give them the most money.

There's really no downside to adding some larger-quantity packs.