Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Tradelodge - a new guild with a website, fixed prices, a forum and an auction (!)

PinoZino
PinoZino
✭✭✭✭
RxDGfLRv_400x400.png

I was a member of several guilds and they all do have the same problems:
  • Players using ridiculous prices. Like charging 20K for a blue motif. Yes, really.
  • Price cutters. There’s always one guy charging 1 piece of gold less for the same item as you do.
Both are spoiling the fun of trading.

Other issues exist as well:
  • Visiting several guild traders to determine the ‘right price’ is very time consuming. We all could use that time to actual play the game.
  • The lack of an auction house.
At Tradelodge we’ll try to solve this problems.
  • We work with fixed prices. Everybody must charge the same price for a sudden item. For that purpose we have a pricelist available at our website.
  • The price tags are determined by the guild members themselves via our forum.
  • We also do have an auction on the forum. For guild members only.
Our website is also a great tool to enhance communication between our guild members. Oh and we are on Twitter too!

Who can join?

All players from all factions. Your age, gender, nationality, player level or experience doesn’t matter.

How can you join?
  • Leave your PSN in the comments
  • Visit our website, click the ‘Join our Guild’ button and follow the instructions
  • Send an in-game e-mail to me (PSN: PinoZino)
I’ll send you an invite fast. See you later!

http://tradelodge.blogspot.com

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/tradelodge

My PSN:
PinoZino

Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

Visit our website: http://tradelodge.blogspot.com/
  • thepurestone
    thepurestone
    ✭✭
    Your price list has all the wrong prices and you obviously don't know the market well. You want people to sell tempering alloy for 3000, even though the normal price is 9,000 or more. You for some reason kept the same price for dreugh wax even though their drop rates are different. Lol you guys need to do your research before you get on here. You also said primal Barbaric etc should be sold for 19,999 even though the normal price is usually 30,000 and not any lower. They're insanely rare for crying out loud. You not only say have prices set too low but also too high. Blue motifs now usually sell for about 500-750 gold. You also want to focus on forcing people to sell THEIR items for what prices YOU decide. Not gonna work. This is a free market and it won't work any other way. People selling a blue motif for 20,000 is not really a problem as it doesn't harm anyone. Even though I assure you you will hardly ever find a blue motif for that price in ANY decent guild. Even if you do find one for that price it won't sell and doesn't hurt anybody.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your price list has all the wrong prices and you obviously don't know the market well. You want people to sell tempering alloy for 3000, even though the normal price is 9,000 or more. You for some reason kept the same price for dreugh wax even though their drop rates are different. Lol you guys need to do your research before you get on here. You also said primal Barbaric etc should be sold for 19,999 even though the normal price is usually 30,000 and not any lower. They're insanely rare for crying out loud. You not only say have prices set too low but also too high. Blue motifs now usually sell for about 500-750 gold. You also want to focus on forcing people to sell THEIR items for what prices YOU decide. Not gonna work. This is a free market and it won't work any other way. People selling a blue motif for 20,000 is not really a problem as it doesn't harm anyone. Even though I assure you you will hardly ever find a blue motif for that price in ANY decent guild. Even if you do find one for that price it won't sell and doesn't hurt anybody.

Hey thepurestone,

Thank you for taking some time to reply.

We did our research and visited most if not all guild traders in the Daggerfall Covenant area. We don't care about drop rates, we care about prices. And no there's not always a relation between them. The most important relation is supply and demand. Which is constantly changing.

There's also a difference between listed prices and actual selling prices. Imperial Motifs are often listed for 200K or more, but few are sold at that price. We don't have to walk that road.

We don't have to be the cheapest around either. Blue motifs aren't usually sold for 500-700 gold. You could find them (I'm the one who is buying them, lol) for that price, but the price fork is more likely between 1K and 2K.

I sold about 20 blue motifs today for 1.2K in other guilds. And that's the point: with our prices, you are pretty sure you'll sell your stuff fast.

And no, we don't push any price. It are the members that will decide what the price tags will be.

But you have to start somewhere and we'll do it with these prices.

Besides, there are also other tools to see if a price isn't working:
    • If the item is selling too easy, your price is probably too low
    • If the item isn't selling well then your price is too high. You can adjust demand by lowering the price.
    • If people aren't listing a specific item in our store then there's something wrong with the price (too high or too low).
    Sure it's a free market, we don't want to regulate the complete world. That's not our intention and even not possible. However we can and will regulate the prices in our own mini-world, the guild.

It's ok if you feel fine with ridiculous prices, I don't.

Pure businesswise they do harm the items that comes with a normal price. Players see 5 or 6 way too expensive prices, stop browsing item per item and leave the store. Ridiculous prices change the perception of the items with a cheap or normal price as well. It feels like they are more expensive than they really are. The result is obvious: they don't sell well too!

If the prices are low or ok then they will buy more than intended. Especially if you have a few items listed at a bargain price. These items help selling the other items a lot.

Our customers will never have the feeling that they are ripped off. It's making sure that they will return more and faster, which is good for business.

Take also in mind that many people don't like visiting countless guild stores. They buy at stores where they think 'these prices are ok'. They focus more on the other aspects of the game: fighting and exploring.

This is also working for the traders. Many players dislike visiting 20 guild stores, just to determine a fair price for their items. It's costing time, expensive game time. With our concept they just have to visit our pricelist.

Better lazy than tired. lol

If you have more remarks or questions, just shoot.

Edited by PinoZino on September 9, 2015 2:46PM
    Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

• itsapuddycat
    A nice idea, but too much hassle having to post for price changes which i would have to do frequently because of supply and demand changing throughout the week. Good luck with your guild!
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nice idea, but too much hassle having to post for price changes which i would have to do frequently because of supply and demand changing throughout the week. Good luck with your guild!

Hey itsapuddycat,

I think the effort of work is ok. I do trade a lot and I'm currently keeping prices in an Excel sheet. Publishing it on a website isn't such a huge step.

A great benefit will be the guild members: they will notice price changes in other stores much faster. Four eyes see more than two.

And not all the items will have a price change in one week. Many items do have a rather steady price.

It's a matter of organization as well. If needed, some people will moderate a specific range of items.

Running a guild, any guild, is always a bit work. At least if you want a nice guild.

But thanks for the support. However, joining the guild would be better :smiley:
    Edited by PinoZino on September 9, 2015 4:20PM

• FireDemon
    FireDemon
    Invite please psn firedemon1981
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    FireDemon wrote: »
    Invite please psn firedemon1981

Server is down now, but I'll add you this afternoon.

Currently more than 30 players joined the guild. Not bad, not bad.

• xxNightkeepeRxx
    Hi,

I would like to join!

xxNightkeepeRxx
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I would like to join!

xxNightkeepeRxx

You're added.

We have almost 100 members on board.

Guild Store active!

• VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely interested.

PSN: VoodooPlatypus
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely interested.

PSN: VoodooPlatypus

You're added. Almost 150 members on board.

The cool and sexy members are filling the shelves of the Guild Store.

Guild Trader will be active soon!

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PinoZino wrote: »
    We don't care about drop rates, we care about prices. And no there's not always a relation between them. The most important relation is supply and demand. Which is constantly changing.

Drop rate pretty much IS supply.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    We don't care about drop rates, we care about prices. And no there's not always a relation between them. The most important relation is supply and demand. Which is constantly changing.

Drop rate pretty much IS supply.

Partly yes, but not entirely.

It takes much more time to gather 200 pieces of wood as finding a purple Dwemer motif.
    But currently you get much more gold for your Dwemer motif as for your 200 pieces of wood.

All because there’s more demand for purple motifs. At least at the moment. It can and will change in the future.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes much more time to gather 200 pieces of wood as finding a purple Dwemer motif.
    But currently you get much more gold for your Dwemer motif as for your 200 pieces of wood.

All because there’s more demand for purple motifs. At least at the moment. It can and will change in the future.

For me this seems like a ludicrous comparison. I have thousands of "peices of wood". Heck I probably have 800 maple, nevermind the higher level kinds. I've found ... 3 pages of dwemer motifs. Total. So for me, the page of motif (nevermind a whole one) is going to be valued more than the wood.

So my supply of purple motifs is .... waay low. And the idea of paying for wood seems silly. It's all around. I get more when I deconstruct. I'm swimming in wood. Well. Sort of.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of your Weapons and Apparels table? Does it deal only with crafted items? Because it clearly doesn't take into account the normal prices of dropped set items.

How do you intend to deal with fast-changing prices of items added in new updates? Do you leave them out of your fixed pricing scheme until the price settles? I noticed you didn't include the Psijic Ambrosia recipe or Provisioning ingredients.
    Edited by Rosveen on September 12, 2015 10:34AM
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

For me this seems like a ludicrous comparison. I have thousands of "peices of wood". Heck I probably have 800 maple, nevermind the higher level kinds. I've found ... 3 pages of dwemer motifs. Total. So for me, the page of motif (nevermind a whole one) is going to be valued more than the wood.

So my supply of purple motifs is .... waay low. And the idea of paying for wood seems silly. It's all around. I get more when I deconstruct. I'm swimming in wood. Well. Sort of.

Yes wood is all around us, but not in big quantities.

To match the worth of a Dwemer motif you need a pretty big stack (almost your entire inventory). And that stack isn't all around us.

That's the reason why it isn't silly to pay for wood. It's what you like. Some people don't like it to mine wood for hours. Others don't mind.

Only 3 pages of Dwemer motifs? That's what I find every day. 3 is even a bad day.
    Edited by PinoZino on September 12, 2015 10:45AM

• PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    What is the purpose of your Weapons and Apparels table? Does it deal only with crafted items? Because it clearly doesn't take into account the normal prices of dropped set items.

How do you intend to deal with fast-changing prices of items added in new updates? Do you leave them out of your fixed pricing scheme until the price settles? I noticed you didn't include the Psijic Ambrosia recipe or Provisioning ingredients.

Set of items are a bit more expensive, but not that much. Usually it's about 10 or 20% more.

For reasons of simplification we gave them the same price.

Some weapons and apparels comes with rather expensive style materials (Daedra Heart and Dwemer Frame) or more expensive Traits. Some do have a glyph on it.

Currently it's all the same price.

At the moment I recommend not to sell all 'special' weapons and apparels in our store.

We should and will fix that soon. Take in account that it took a pretty huge effort to build the list we have.

Alternatively, members can sell these 'special' items at our forum auction house.

Also if your pricelist contains many exceptions, it becomes more complicate and traders will likely make more errors in putting the right price tag on the item. Sometimes it is wiser to be practical.

Game updates don't occur every week. Mostly, you know what will be updated, so you can foresee what needs a price change.

After a game update it is key that we visit enough other guild stores to see how the traders and buyers are reacting to the new reality.

Yes, it's correct that we didn't include the Psijic Ambrosia recipe or provisioning ingredients. Ambrosia will be added soon,

I'm not sure yet if we should offer provisioning ingredients. At the moment demand and supply is pretty low (and the list of ingredients is very very long), but it will certainly change in the future.

A few other items aren't included either. Maps by instance.

Edited by PinoZino on September 12, 2015 12:05PM

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only 3 pages of Dwemer motifs? That's what I find every day. 3 is even a bad day.

I'm guessing you are more into the grind-y aspects of the game than I am. Just wandering around I'll pick up ... oh at least 40+ bits o wood in a day, not to mention other resources. Blue motifs ... maybe once or twice a month or so.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing you are more into the grind-y aspects of the game than I am. Just wandering around I'll pick up ... oh at least 40+ bits o wood in a day, not to mention other resources. Blue motifs ... maybe once or twice a month or so.

If you know where and how to mine, you'll find a blue motif every hour. I can find a motif in maximum 15 minutes but then it takes an hour to respawn. Between 2 mining sessions, you go out, fight, explore or do whatever you like.

As a matter of fact the purple motif droprate is almost the same, but you'll find them at specific spots only. The droprate is bit lower because sometimes you 'get' a blue one instead of a purple one.

It's another example which is showing that droprate isn't the same as supply. It's close but no cigar.

Edited by PinoZino on September 12, 2015 11:46AM

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is why I said 'pretty much' and not =

Maybe 'primarily' would have gotten the idea across better. I think we both can agree that drop rate is a signifigant component of supply.

As for purple motif drops .... someday I would like ancient elf (I like the maormer look of 'medium') and maybe daedric (the only "skirt" in game), but farming is just not fun for me.

The fact that I can get so much wood on the way to doing quests and wandering around, and it takes farming (or mining to use your term) to get motifs tells me that folks are making a LOT of effort to compensate for the low drop rate.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is why I said 'pretty much' and not =

Maybe 'primarily' would have gotten the idea across better. I think we both can agree that drop rate is a signifigant component of supply.

As for purple motif drops .... someday I would like ancient elf (I like the maormer look of 'medium') and maybe daedric (the only "skirt" in game), but farming is just not fun for me.

The fact that I can get so much wood on the way to doing quests and wandering around, and it takes farming (or mining to use your term) to get motifs tells me that folks are making a LOT of effort to compensate for the low drop rate.

newtinmpls,

If you know what you're doing then farming motifs doesn't take a lot effort. Like I said, I can find a blue motif in maximum 15 minutes, most of the time I'll find one in 8 or 10 minutes. That's worth about 1000 gold pieces.

While farming enough wood worth 1000 gold pieces will certainly takes much more time.

Better is to farm purple motifs. The effort is the same, the reward is higher.

But it's what you like, some people hate farming anything, others don't mind. I do hate fishing, while others love it. The game serves a broad type of players.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can find a blue motif in maximum 15 minutes, most of the time I'll find one in 8 or 10 minutes. That's worth about 1000 gold pieces.

While farming enough wood worth 1000 gold pieces will certainly takes much more time.

Blue for 1000?? Oh you must be on console. Didn't realize.

As for finding purple - heck I'd be tempted to look but I have no idea where. The one Imperial motif I found was in the Rosy Lion in Daggerfall (starter area).
  • thepurestone
    thepurestone
    ✭✭
    Im sorry but this guild is a fail idea. Your price list doesn't cater to everything and the prices are bogus. And you're wrong, even though you don't want to admit it, your prices don't make any sense and are illogical. And you say dwemer motifs are more expensive than 200 pieces of wood? Lol you're lost. Dwemer pages sell for 5000 while 200 pieces of rough nightwood sell for about 12,000. You need to study the market a bit more
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but this guild is a fail idea. Your price list doesn't cater to everything and the prices are bogus. And you're wrong, even though you don't want to admit it, your prices don't make any sense and are illogical. And you say dwemer motifs are more expensive than 200 pieces of wood? Lol you're lost. Dwemer pages sell for 5000 while 200 pieces of rough nightwood sell for about 12,000. You need to study the market a bit more

Well, over 150 members joined in just a few days, definitely a fail idea. And I get tons of mails from people who like the concept.

If you don't like the concept, don't join. Joining Tradelodge isn't mandatory.

The pricelist doesn't have to contain everything. Some guilds do even trade in a few categories. We cover almost everything, so I don't see your point. And we'll add the few missing items later.

Nightwood doesn't sell for 12000, but it's sometimes listed for that price (and more). I bought 600 Nightwood a few days ago. I paid 4500 for it...

You're mixing listing with selling. That's not the same.

And even if some prices aren't correct, they will be corrected by the members. We have a forum on our website to discuss that one.

• PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can find a blue motif in maximum 15 minutes, most of the time I'll find one in 8 or 10 minutes. That's worth about 1000 gold pieces.

Blue for 1000?? Oh you must be on console. Didn't realize.

As for finding purple - heck I'd be tempted to look but I have no idea where. The one Imperial motif I found was in the Rosy Lion in Daggerfall (starter area).

You can find Dwemer motifs in any Dwemer ruin.

Barbaric and Primal in VR1 – VR5 areas.
    Daedric and Ancient Elves in VR6 – VR10 areas.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info - Ahh that would be my problem.

I only have two vet characters (vet 1 and vet 3), and they so far haven't found much in the way of dweomer ruins. I know there is an undaunted delve-thingie in a dunmer ruin. Found ... two dwemer pages in it total (out of maybe 5-6 runs).

Guess I'll have to be patient with the whole daedric motif thing.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info - Ahh that would be my problem.

I only have two vet characters (vet 1 and vet 3), and they so far haven't found much in the way of dweomer ruins. I know there is an undaunted delve-thingie in a dunmer ruin. Found ... two dwemer pages in it total (out of maybe 5-6 runs).

Guess I'll have to be patient with the whole daedric motif thing.

You're welcome.

Patience is good and if you can't wait, sometimes you can find them in the guild stores at bargain prices. Some people don't know the worth, others need gold 'now'.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patience is good and if you can't wait, sometimes you can find them in the guild stores at bargain prices. Some people don't know the worth, others need gold 'now'.

Got a primal motif a while back; someone was selling it in zone chat (easier to do on PC I suspect) and was willing to accept the 18k which was all I had banked at the time.

Seems every time I have some money - I need to up someone's bags or bank space. Oh well.
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭

Got a primal motif a while back; someone was selling it in zone chat (easier to do on PC I suspect) and was willing to accept the 18k which was all I had banked at the time.

Seems every time I have some money - I need to up someone's bags or bank space. Oh well.

Wish we had Zone Chat. I hate Voice Chat. For some reason I always hear crying babies, I'm confronted with the faulty music taste from another (and loud) or people are just primitively brutal. IMHO it distracts to much too.

But I am often lucky in the Guild Stores. Bought one week ago 10 pages of Blue Motifs. Ok, it were 'just' Blue Motifs, but they were listed for 10 gold pieces each. lol
    Edited by PinoZino on September 13, 2015 8:59AM

• PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    *UPDATE*
    Want to be a part of not another guild? Leave your PSN here, visit our website or send me an in-game mail (PSN: PinoZino)

Edited by PinoZino on October 5, 2015 1:09PM

• CRA1GEFC
    CRA1GEFC
    Soul Shriven
    Hi could you add me please psn CRA1GEFC