Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Improvements

modemman11
Is there a way to tell how much damage a weapon will do before upgrading it multiple times? Say I want to create a sword, it'll be white, then I want to upgrade it to purple, but I can't see what the purple damage will be until I upgrade it to blue, but by then I've spent the ingots and upgrade materials, and if it's not an improvement on what I already had then I just wasted those materials....

Best Answer

• hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    All weapons of the same type and level will have the same damage if they are the same quality.

Example: greatsword you have is purple and level "x". It does "y" damage. If you create a new greatsword of the same quality and is the same level then it will have the same damage as your original weapon
    Answer ✓
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but from white to blue is the same increase in damage as from blue to purple.
    And the base damage depends on how many ingots you use to create the weapon.