The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Suggestion) New alliance ability: Compel Duel

jrkhan
jrkhan
✭✭✭
Don't you hate it when you've run across an enemy player and are having a good fight and your fight gets interrupted by other players?
Want to actually make 1vx possible while not reducing TTK?

Want to see group PvP look more like the promotional videos and less like 5 year olds zerging a soccer ball?

Suggesting an ability (which I'm sure has been brought up previously by many people and is a mechanic in other games):

COMPEL DUEL:
Duration: 1 minute
Cost: Free
Target: 1 enemy player
Effect:
Places a compelled duel buff on you and your target.
For the next 60 seconds, your damage against and damage taken by your target is increased, starting at 0% and increasing to X%.
All sources of damage, healing, and damage shields to/from other players are reduced 90%
Effect ends early if:
- you or your target die
- distance exceeds X
- no damage has been dealt in 10 seconds
Can not be effected by multiple Compelled duels at the same time.
Neither you or your target may be hidden from the other player, and have the other player locked as their 'tab target'.
Other visual effects as appropriate.
Damage ramp up will prevent never ending fight while avoiding early insta-gib.

Discuss?
Edited by jrkhan on September 9, 2015 3:59PM
  • ArchAngeI-X
    ArchAngeI-X
    ✭✭
    Ngithblades don't need more damage for insta gibs.... It would be a quirky skill imo, like a skill in game is (I'm looking at you guard). What skill really needs to get in there is a skill to reposition themselves, like teleport shade or Bolt escape... Just my thoughts though.
    Edited by ArchAngeI-X on September 9, 2015 4:12AM
    I'd like to believe that the other faction is scared of me, but in reality they're probably more like "F**k this guy."
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    If this skill existed, it would be used by many solo and small group players (damage reduction from additional players making numbers less relevant). It would have limited utility for ganking, with increased damage only coming in later.

It doesn't attempt to address mobility in any way.
  • OurOwn
    OurOwn
    Sounds like a new Super tank skill. Getting mobbed by 20? It's okay 1v1 one of them to reduce damage.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting mobbed, Look for the healer and use it on him.
    Mob can't kill me anymore, and neither will the healer (most likely).

10/10 would want for the above reason.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree wit increasing damage, however I would support this skill if the opposing player could accept or decline.

You can't just force a player to fight you because you feel like it, that's silly.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 12, 2015 1:04AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Duels, but the middle of a war isn't the place for it.

Let ZOS add a proper arena feature where all can come and watch and wager on organized duels. Fight for fame a profit!!!