Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console - Compass Off

willymchilybily
willymchilybily
✭✭✭✭
Arkhaniir wrote: »
kargen27 wrote: »
I spent a lot of time taking screenshots also, but can't remember how to get rid of the compass bar at top of screen. I just started the game today, but expect I will spend a lot of time just doing screenshots. Outside the game I am a professional photographer so it is fun in the game to kinda do that also.
In the "Controls" settings there should be ' Turn OFF/ON UI ' thing. Add a button for that and its done. [snip]

I cant remember seeing this on console. And tried to totally remove the compass but the options just seemed to be for quest markers. Is there a way to remove the compass bar on console version?

- I would like a way to totally remove the compass bar on Console version
PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option to turn off compass. You can turn off everything else except that. Don't know why (though, given all the ridiculous "search this bag in a corner" quests there are, not sure why you'd want to turn it off.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Violynne thanks, this is what i thought.

Actually it was for some screen shots. ill just have to cut/doctor them. but nto even sure its worth the effort on a PS4

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/213021/raw-tamriel-a-screenshot-collection#latest
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it was for some screen shots. ill just have to cut/doctor them. but nto even sure its worth the effort on a PS4

Check your controls. I don't think you can remap anything on the consoles, but there might be a way to hide the UI. We can do this on the PC.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Check your controls. I don't think you can remap anything on the consoles, but there might be a way to hide the UI. We can do this on the PC.

i've toggled everything under the settings options we have, i can get rid of health bars, quest tracker, quest marker, markers on the compass, everything but the compass itself and there is no hide UI option on console menu i can see. its not the end of the world. just would have been nice if it was possible.

I'd love to remap the actual controller buttons rather than location of HUD items,, but even that is beyond the UI on the PS4.

it is a difficult balance. Making a minimalist interface with options for those who want immersion and those who want to know every little thing that is happening active effects and so forth. i do expect they will expand the options in time for PS4/Xbox. but these changes cant come over night. so i wont complain, ZOS are doing well so far, just hope they keep rolling out the improvemnts to utility as well as gameplay
    Edited by willymchilybily on September 8, 2015 3:15PM
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720