The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

siege engines in 2.1 working as intended?

xylena
xylena
✭✭✭✭✭
fire ballistas only doing 5k dmg to players?
cant drop siege engines in IC to counter zergs spamming barrier?

i mean seriously theres siege engines all over the place in IC, yet we cant use our own? i went to memorial on azuras NA during prime time, dived into a dozen yellows and heard TWO barriers go off immedately... i cant even
Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Sounds like Imperial City.

Enjoying your stay in the Zerg Capital?
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there are Siege emplacements in IC, but they can't do crap against a large group of players sticking together? No wander I have been reading it as a mess.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, You should be able to drop siege in ANY of the IPC Districts above ground. Sure i can see not letting them put it in the sewers, but above ground in the districts? You absolutely should be able to.

Its urban warfare, let folks drop siege in buildings and shoot down on people, let folks put them up in alleyways and shoot folks coming down the tight spaces...this is what the Greeks and Roman's designed siege for...this is what the Roman's done...kite large barbarian groups into tight vally, rocks, etc and Ballista the tar out of them..ask Boudica....

Yes Siege should NOT be effected by the damage nerf, NPC in the IPC should get the same siege shield as guards do in Cyrodiil to prevent folks from killing the NPC with em, but siege should be able to be placed in the districts, and it should be effective against players.

PS:. The Alliance War skill Purge and its morphs should NOT remove the Snares from the Oil Catapult/Lighting Ballista or the Heal Debuff from Meatbag Catapaults.....this is the reason giant zergblobs are near impossible to kill without another zergblob of greater or equal size....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS:. The Alliance War skill Purge and its morphs should NOT remove the Snares from the Oil Catapult/Lighting Ballista or the Heal Debuff from Meatbag Catapaults.....this is the reason giant zergblobs are near impossible to kill without another zergblob of greater or equal size....

Be careful what you ask for. This is a double-edged sword.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are stupid. Sieges in IC would be a terrible idea that would consist predominantly of players setting them up in their home areas unable to be touched by others or with zergs camping home areas shooting siege into people just arriving or respawning.

I don't understand why people don't see why sieges benefit organised zergballs more than anyone else. A large, organised group can easily out purge and out heal siege damage. A large group can also easily spare numbers to set up siege during engagements. Smaller groups on the other hand have difficulty out healing the damage and cannot spare as many to set up siege.

IC is already a zergfest. Introduce siege and we will see even more zergs as people scramble together and seek safety in numbers from siege weapons (more or less the same as when siege damage was buffed in the first place).
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more boiling oil over people crowded at siege merchants anymore? D:
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siege and aoe attacks are what kill zergs

purge and barrier are what keep zergs alive

if you blame siege and steel tornado for the zerg problem... well you're only making it worse
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also seriously... @ZOS what's with the 5k fire ballista dmg, i'm better off spamming steelnado than even bothering setting up siege
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until ZoS has a fix for the issue, it's definitely working as intended. :|
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to wipe a pug grp of 15 with 6 oils above maingate all used at the same time, 3k oil ticks aint got nothing on 35k hp battle leveled zerglings
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm I think the problem is that ZOS didn't want players to be camping in there bases flag camp in the city. But then again they could have made it so you can put sieges in the flag camp.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to wipe a pug grp of 15 with 6 oils above maingate all used at the same time, 3k oil ticks aint got nothing on 35k hp battle leveled zerglings

They nerfed oil ? That was how i stopped zerg looks like ill move on to metal gear full time and wait for halo then fallout rip eso you killed your self
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Outside meatbags for zergs, and stone trebs / normal ballistas for sieges, there's not much room for other sieges. Cold fire sieges are still "decent" but that's about, and the only "good" siege against zergs (meatbag) is nullified by purge spamming.

Main reason BwB (PC/EU) is a mess is that sieges don't work anymore. Because it's BwB, you don't have proxy det, and highly damaging steelnados / impulse / batswarm (I don't mean that people don't use those, only that the battle-scaling make their damage rather low), so the only alternatives are sieges.

Good groups could set up a killzone and effectively wipe would zergs with good timing on sieges and CCs. Now... Not anymore.

If they don't change the damage reduction, sieges should then have their base damage against players increased (damage against NPCs is fine right now, maybe even too much).
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lose 80% of your stones at zergs...
    i think it's obvious that ZOS loves zerging.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭

But... But.. They were just talking about small group play and how this update would be great for it.

Right as they nerfed the things that made small group play viable.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this siege weapons in Cyrodiil or IC?

Cyrodiil I assume they didn't adjust it to the new VR levels. IC, having been there myself I have no idea why you would waste it there.

At most IC is too populated with strong mobs that require groups to really take down effectively, forces you to run through a gauntlet of the sewer with more powerful mobs to get back to your home base and rewards killing other players by taking 80% of there progress.

Because of this most are forced to group for survival and insurance against losing there progress to other players.

Me I would rather just eat a repair bill to save time and tokens which I keep storing in my bank when I get more then 10 to prevent losing them.

Point is that despite the dailies that give IC purpose the rest of the zone is pretty terrible designed.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »

But... But.. They were just talking about small group play and how this update would be great for it.

Right as they nerfed the things that made small group play viable.

Except zergs get barely any tel var stones, it's still new, it'll die down soon when the zerglings realise that instead of getting 5k stones a day zerging (if that as it only encourages a larger enemy zerg to kill you) that solo/small group players are doing 50-100k stones in a day.

They'll realise it'll take em months to do what any small group could do in a day and start to separate.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant see how siege weapons would be any use. Without walls and keeps siege wepons would just be zerged and be wiped out in seconds.

Personally I am hoping that IC gets improved.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll realise it'll take em months to do what any small group could do in a day and start to separate

but zerging is easier, safer, etc... need to stop rewarding players for blobbing together and potato mashing their keyboards, need to stop punishing them for striking out on their own or in small groups and trying to learn the actual game

zerging is a slow and inefficient way to farm IC loot, but new or casual players aren't gonna stick thru the learning process getting rekt a lot if they're constantly losing all their stones, making even less loot than they would zerging

and yeah i'm also in favor of scaling loot based on CP level... i don't even have it in me anymore to kill obviously newer players 1v1, unless they were in the 12v1 blob that popped out of stealth on me earlier
    Edited by xylena on September 12, 2015 11:29PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

!
    xylena wrote: »
    also seriously... @ZOS what's with the 5k fire ballista dmg, i'm better off spamming steelnado than even bothering setting up siege

Seige should be able to damage. Certainly more than 5 and it should be able to be used in the IC. But probably more like 10-12k after mitigation. Not the 30k it used to. We are, after all, magic wielding superheroes.

I can't see it being effective for anything but counter zerg in the IC though.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 12, 2015 11:40PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see it being effective for anything but counter zerg in the IC though.

this is exactly how siege should be working!

a group stacks together to kill outnumbered targets, they counter with siege fire that would wipe a stacked group, who then spreads out to attack siege operators... much better than "blob together, ignore players, ignore mobs, sit there on the flags facerolling til the keep flips"
    Edited by xylena on September 13, 2015 12:09AM