Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A High-Elf Nightblade?!

TheOnePandemonium
TheOnePandemonium
✭✭✭
Hello guys <3
I joined the game but 5 days ago, and I already love the game to bits. I actually didn't know I'd love it this much.
Thing is, I had heard of the famous "You can do anything with any class", and since I liked Khajiit-playstyle but disliked the overall look of them in this game, I picked a High Elf lady. One thing led to another and I focused on Magicka and on staves. (Play support on League ffs v.v) So now I'm like, really confused to where my paths could leave. I searched for magicka nightblade and it led me to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5QxFhQsF8 Which I thought was cool. "Nice, I can avoid meta!" but then I figured the build might be best for people that know all the little details of the game already and it discouraged me.

I really wouldn't like to do another character, because I got too attached to it and just wouldn't want to restart everything, at least so soon.
Would you advise me to reroll my skills, go stamina and daggers, forgetting magicka? Should I proceed with staves and go with this build here?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play as you like.

At Launch I started player an Orc Templar using 2hander and bow. Back then It was totally underpowered but still ran it. Eventually found tricks and ended up being good at it.

I tried magika for a few months, but I felt like it wasnt my style. Now im back into stam and I think it will stay that way.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High elf nightblade works good but personally I would go Bretan. Why? Because nightblade does no shock flame or cold damage so i find that racial benefit useless and prefer the breton spell resistance. I would use deul wield one one bar and restoration staff on the other. Duel wield attacks do nothing for you but holding the two weapons gives you a huge buff to spell damage
    Edited by Sithisvoid on September 6, 2015 3:32PM
  • TheOnePandemonium
    TheOnePandemonium
    ✭✭✭
    You're right Houimetub, but I'd like to know what is possible, in my circumstances, to max out my character quality. I'm sure you understand ^^ Whatever is advised on this thread, I'm conscious I will have to like it and understand it/work with it. But I don't wanna end up in Vet' ranks with a super lame main char :c

Sithisvoid, well my character is done, I couldn't switch if I wanted haha!
    I currently have destruction staff on one bar, and restoration staff in my second one.
    So you're advising me to go dual wield with her why exactly? I'm sorry, I'm still a bit noobish :P

Also my main doubt is, what Class perks should I be focusing on as a magicka based char? Assassination? Shadow? Siphoning? It'd be a bit weird to just stick to Weapon spells wouldn't it? :o
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right Houimetub, but I'd like to know what is possible, in my circumstances, to max out my character quality. I'm sure you understand ^^ Whatever is advised on this thread, I'm conscious I will have to like it and understand it/work with it. But I don't wanna end up in Vet' ranks with a super lame main char :c

Sithisvoid, well my character is done, I couldn't switch if I wanted haha!
    I currently have destruction staff on one bar, and restoration staff in my second one.
    So you're advising me to go dual wield with her why exactly? I'm sorry, I'm still a bit noobish :P

Also my main doubt is, what Class perks should I be focusing on as a magicka based char? Assassination? Shadow? Siphoning? It'd be a bit weird to just stick to Weapon spells wouldn't it? :o

Honestly you don't have to go duel wield and high elf is a perfectly good choice. If you would like to get more spell dmg you can duel wield and your spells will hit harder. Test it out for yourself just to see. Equip duel wield swords because later on with the last duel wield passive they will actually give your spells more dmg. It says only duel wield attack but actually applies to your spells. But equip them and look at your spell damage and your tooltip on each skill showing how much damage it does and compare to inferno staff. Duel wield hits a good amount harder and as a nightblade you have many good spells to use so a main weapon is not as important. At least in my Experience. What class skills to use as magika. I use conealed weapon as my main attack its a morph of veil strike. That with an unmorphed teleport strike because lotus fan doesn't deal enough dmg fast enough for me. So open with teleport strike follow up with concealed weapon then finish off with impale which is a morph of assassins blade. Crippling grasp is handy as well it's a morph of cripple and does good damage while boosting your movement speed and draining your opponent's. For range use swallow soul or funnel health it will keep you or you and your allies healed while doing good dmg. And of course dark cloak is your bread and butter with this type of build you want to stay cloaked as much as possible in a fight and use concealed weapon from behind as often as possible.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on September 6, 2015 5:05PM
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    High elf very good in magic I have a high elf templar .
    Night blades I rather go with stam myself .
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »

What are your thoughts on necromancy? You seem pretty OP at it.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Haaaaaaaaaaaahh
    aw, c'mon. Play nice, all! :D
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Lol