Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about item sets & crafting & other stuff

urkonse
urkonse
✭✭✭
Hi
i have recently reached Vr12 & i want to know what are best possible gears (that you can get without group bc consoles miss text chat)
So:
1: How you get nirncrux & nirncrux trait items?
2: wich are best craftable item sets? (im using Whitherstark atm + one other 4t set)
3: i have heard dolmen generals can drop good set items , but i would want guide to it.
4: What places are best for grinding endgame xp? i have been grinding on few spots in craglorn (spellscar & Tower) & *removed name to prevent nerf* in cyrodil but is there better place?
5: is doing max lvl equipment writs worth it? (getting materials is hard sometimes & rich vein treasure maps seems to be rare..)
6: how rare are psijic recipe parts? i do max provision writ daily last few weeks but still havnt got single & i have never ever had something like 120k at once gold to buy single part...

Thank you for your time
Edited by urkonse on September 6, 2015 8:26AM
Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I'll answer what I can (mainly to give you a bump lol):

1) You get one (random) nirnhoned item from completing the Craglorn quests. You get have to purchase or trade with other players for the rest of the nirnhoned items. Nirncrux is a rare drop from resource nodes in Craglorn. As of the IC patch, it can be found in both upper and lower Craglorn.

2) There is no one best craftable item set...Your role/build/playstyle determines what set items are best for your particular character. More info about your character would give us an idea of what to suggest.

3) Dolmen Generals do seem to drop set items and also some unique items (only acquired at dolmens), but I don't know of a specific guide to what they drop. The unique drops seem to be extremely rare.

4) I do not grind and I know most people who do will not post their grind locations on the forums (fear of nerfs). Someone may be willing to PM you or you could do try a google search to find locations.

5) If find the max level crafting writs to be worth it...But the survey reports seem to be the one area where RNG favors me, so it might not be worth it to everyone. Also the glass motif chapters are acquired through crafting writ rewards, so if you want those, doing them would be beneficial.

6) I don't know specifically how rare the recipe fragments are, but they seem to be pretty rare. I haven't gotten any yet, but I know people who have gotten several.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 8, 2015 5:53PM
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    ty....craglorn quests are impossible tho bc no text chat on consoles -> cant group :/
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    urkonse wrote: »
    ty....craglorn quests are impossible tho bc no text chat on consoles -> cant group :/

You can still invite people to group up with a press of a button but I do agree about needing a better messaging system .
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    i have recently reached Vr12 & i want to know what are best possible gears (that you can get without group bc consoles miss text chat)
    So:
    1: How you get nirncrux & nirncrux trait items?
    2: wich are best craftable item sets? (im using Whitherstark atm + one other 4t set)
    3: i have heard dolmen generals can drop good set items , but i would want guide to it.
    4: What places are best for grinding endgame xp? i have been grinding on few spots in craglorn (spellscar & Tower) & *removed name to prevent nerf* in cyrodil but is there better place?
    5: is doing max lvl equipment writs worth it? (getting materials is hard sometimes & rich vein treasure maps seems to be rare..)
    6: how rare are psijic recipe parts? i do max provision writ daily last few weeks but still havnt got single & i have never ever had something like 120k at once gold to buy single part...

Thank you for your time

1. Personally, I buy them from Guild Kiosks. You can farm for them if you have the time
    2. Depends on your build. Hint, strip your character of all items, including jewelry, and note their stats. Then pick sets that boost what you need or want. Since you can't craft jewelry, then put that back on before deciding on what you want to use. Some Dropped sets come with 2 or 3 pieces of Jewelry and or a weapon, so adding in the 2 or 3 pieces of armor will still give you 5 slots for a Crafted set. For example, if your a Caster, Soulshine is great in combo with Seducer (2 rings, 1 necklace, Greaves and Helm is what I use). Warlock can be good to, but the jewelry will cost you a lot.
    3. Generals are an RNG to even show up, then the boss drops are RNG if they happen. Not a good source of farmed equipment if you ask me.
    4. What ever works for you and is not crowded with other players is the best.
    5. Consumable Writs sure, Equipment writs all depends on what you can buy mats for or how much you like to farm for them. Since the VR10-14 mats are in so many zones (starting with 4th zone in Caldwells Gold, they are easy to farm outside of Craglorn.
    6. Very rare. I have been doing Prov Writs on 6 characters since the new recipe launched. I just completed my second Ambrosia Recipe and have one fragment left over. Strange that no one seems to want to but it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

1) You get one (random) nirnhoned item from completing the Craglorn quests. You get have to purchase or trade with other players for the rest of the nirnhoned items. Nirncrux is a rare drop from resource nodes in Craglorn. As of the IC patch, it can be found in both upper and lower Craglorn.

nope... "quests" i expect to be daily ones...spellscar yokuda box didnt give nirnhorned item

Edited by urkonse on September 10, 2015 4:13PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

nope... "quests" i expect to be daily ones...spellscar yokuda box didnt give nirnhorned item

By quests, I meant all of the quests in the Craglorn main story. When you complete that you get a nirnhoned item. It's a one time thing, not a one a day thing. That's the only way (that I know of), besides trading with others, to get them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 10, 2015 4:27PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By quests, I meant all of the quests in the Craglorn main story. When you complete that you get a nirnhoned item. It's a one time thing, not a one a day thing. That's the only way (that I know of), besides trading with others, to get them.

The only way the game will give you a Nirnhorned as a Drop is to complete the 8 Stage Main Quest for the zone. Otherwise, Guild stores or have a guild mate make you something if you have farmed the stones.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So essentially we can loot Nirnhorn crafting mats, however we are completely at the mercy of the trading system when it comes to finding all of the various weapons and armor pieces for research purposes?

Seems to be not so well thought out...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    So essentially we can loot Nirnhorn crafting mats, however we are completely at the mercy of the trading system when it comes to finding all of the various weapons and armor pieces for research purposes?

I think it was designed to be a time and money sink. In the future, when additional traits are added, they may make it easier to obtain the nirnhoned pieces. That seems to be the trend with MMOs.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Not that hard to get all the pieces, even using the guild store or a crafter. If you are on PC. I can make any nirnhone for you. 2K if you have all the mats, market price + 2k for my mats. mail @maester.white
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    1: guild stores have prices from 28k to 40k for even most common nirnhorned items...(ps4) , im paying MAX 5k for single trait....
    also i have been farming over 200 upper craglorn resource nodes....0 nirncrux
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it was designed to be a time and money sink. In the future, when additional traits are added, they may make it easier to obtain the nirnhoned pieces. That seems to be the trend with MMOs.

That is essentially my only hope for completing Nirnhorn Research for all items.
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Not that hard to get all the pieces, even using the guild store or a crafter. If you are on PC. I can make any nirnhone for you. 2K if you have all the mats, market price + 2k for my mats. mail @maester.white

I appreciate your offer, however I'm a simple Console Peasant!
    1: guild stores have prices from 28k to 40k for even most common nirnhorned items...(ps4) , im paying MAX 5k for single trait....
    also i have been farming over 200 upper craglorn resource nodes....0 nirncrux

This seems to be how it is for most people. I'm on Xbox One and all of the Guild Stores that I can access have 1-2 items for sale, with each items selling for 30K+. Believe me when I say that I don't mind working for something and earning it, but this is a bit ridiculous.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well you'll understand the price better if you go farm nirncrux for a day and see the poor RNG. Generally 15-20k for nirncrux, then a 5k tip for making it, so 25k is the price and on a guild trader the price has to be 30k to actually make the 25k after selling fees.

If you find someone outside of the guild trader and you have the nirncrux I'm sure they'll make you a piece for 5k - but beware if you don't know them don't give them your nirncrux or you'll risk being scammed.

Prices are going to drop considerably on console after the IC patch because nirncrux will be easier to farm, plus nirnhoned won't be broken any longer so there won't be as much demand for it other than for getting the trait.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar