Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Future/Fate of Queen Ayrenn After the Events in ESO

ExCITmEnTz
ExCITmEnTz
Soul Shriven
Hello Guys,

As stated and suggested in Elder Scrolls lore, Altmer are capable of living for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
Below is a timeline of Queen Ayrenn’s age during the establishment of each Aldmeri Dominion assuming she survives for that long:

1st Aldmeri Dominion: 2E 580
Queen Ayrenn Age: 25

2nd Aldmeri Dominion: 2E 830
Queen Ayrenn Age: 275

3rd Aldmeri Dominion: 4E 29
Queen Ayrenn Age: 801

Since the Throne of Alinor is inherited by right of birth, and relinquished upon death, this means that Ayrenn could possibly be the Queen of Alinor until the day she dies. If Queen Ayrenn is never killed, this poses several questions such as what was her involvement in the Aldmeri Dominion of 2E 830? Did Ayrenn survive Numidium’s siege of Alinor during Tiber Septim’s conquest in the Summerset Isles? And if so, was/is she alive in Fourth Era during the events of TES V: Skyrim? Perhaps Ayrenn herself actually re-established the Aldmeri Dominion of 4E 29. Centuries of living under (or even hiding from) Tiber Septim’s Empire, and witnessing the horrors of the Oblivion Crisis in her homeland, may have drastically altered her once humble personality. If Queen Ayrenn witnessed Tiber Septim’s tyranny firsthand this could explain why the Thalmor are so opposed to the worship of Talos as a Divine.

What do you think happens to Queen Ayrenn in the future of Tamriel? As the Aldmeri Dominion and Thalmor play a larger role in the Elder Scrolls series, do you think Queen Ayrenn will eventually be incorporated into the next Elder Scrolls game?

The reason why I am asking about this is, because I want to incorporate a good amount of Aldmeri/Queen Ayrenn Lore into my unofficial DLC mod, Kruzka. I really want to nail this mod, because I'm going to use it for my job/college application. I want to prove my insane attention to detail and creativity to the people of the world, while also supplying them with the greatest content they ever played.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated, and would contribute to my mod development.
-ExCITmEnTz
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ExCITmEnTz wrote: »
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated, and would contribute to my mod development.

Dont be so sure about that....

http://aurbis.c0da.es/ayrenn/ayrenn.pdf
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you may be mistaken about the lifespan of the Elven races. Standard Elven life expectancy is around 200 years, unless magically extended (like Divayth Fyr and Neloth).

It may also be best if we leave Kirkbridian lore out of this, for everyone's sake. C0DA is fan-fiction.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to think that Ayrenn is going to die or otherwise be permanently taken out of the picture. My reasoning is thus: she's a very get-up-and-do-it sort of person. While I don't think it's out of the question that something could happen that was SO terrible it would make her do a 180 on her beliefs regarding non-Altmer and become everything she hates now, I DO think it's unlikely she'd stop contributing to the history books in that case, she would just be contributing on the opposing side. Her name would still show up in books, legends, songs and so on. The fact that there's no mention of her outside ESO says to me she dies or else has something happen that she might as well have died (gets trapped in another plane, takes a head injury that turns her into a mental vegetable, paralyzed, etc...).

Mind you, I like Ayrenn and I hope not. A good portion of me wants to see her flung forward in time to the Fourth Era, team up with the Last Dragonborn, clean the scumbags out of Dominion #3 and usher in a thousand-plus years of peace and prosperity for all. But the way the Elder Scrolls universe is, I don't see it happening.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think you may be mistaken about the lifespan of the Elven races. Standard Elven life expectancy is around 200 years, unless magically extended (like Divayth Fyr and Neloth).

Lies.
    "I think Straw will be a very old man before 'someday' comes, Berry. Elves live for a very long time." Katisha's face briefly wore the envious, wistful look humans got when contemplating the thousand-year lifespan Elves had been granted by the gods. True, few ever actually lived that long as disease and violence took their respective tolls. But they could. And one or two of them actually did.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lies.
    "I think Straw will be a very old man before 'someday' comes, Berry. Elves live for a very long time." Katisha's face briefly wore the envious, wistful look humans got when contemplating the thousand-year lifespan Elves had been granted by the gods. True, few ever actually lived that long as disease and violence took their respective tolls. But they could. And one or two of them actually did.

Fictitious embellishment.
    I've always been curious about the lifespan of elves. We all know they live much longer than all other races, is this true for the Dunmer as well? How many years would it take for you to be considered 'old'?
    Alvur Relds: Well, I'm fifty, done my twenty years in the Service, and I'm in the prime of life. I expect another fifty good years, and then I'll be old, and slow, chatting with gaffers around the hearth for another twenty, thirty years. I've known mer still mind-sharp in their late hundreds, and heard of folk 200 and older. My family usually makes it to 120-130, providing we don't get sick or poked in the eye.
    Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed. Anyone older than that has prolonged his or her lifespan through powerful magic.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • ExCITmEnTz
    ExCITmEnTz
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all of the opinions so far. Everything is of use to me.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The white-washed version ALSO has Barenziah born around the end of the Second Era and thus at least 400 years old, and no reason to embellish (at least about that. :P). I propose the following theory: we know the Altmer are big on bloodlines, we know the Dunmer have Molag Bal in their House of Troubles for trying to wreck the purity of THEIR bloodlines. We also know that human/mer crossbreeds tend closer to human lifespans. I propose that the average mer frequently has at least one non-mer ancestor and this cuts down on their expected lifespan, with the 'pure' mer bloodlines reaching up to the thousand-year lifespans without magical assistance while the (majority) average mer live for the up-to-three-hundred years stated by Zeni. We should also take into consideration the prevalence of war, the two recent plagues, and not one but TWO Daedric invasions in less than a thousand years killing off lots of mer before they have a chance to get old, thus driving the average down.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The white-washed version ALSO has Barenziah born around the end of the Second Era and thus at least 400 years old, and no reason to embellish (at least about that. :P). I propose the following theory: we know the Altmer are big on bloodlines, we know the Dunmer have Molag Bal in their House of Troubles for trying to wreck the purity of THEIR bloodlines. We also know that human/mer crossbreeds tend closer to human lifespans. I propose that the average mer frequently has at least one non-mer ancestor and this cuts down on their expected lifespan, with the 'pure' mer bloodlines reaching up to the thousand-year lifespans without magical assistance while the (majority) average mer live for the up-to-three-hundred years stated by Zeni. We should also take into consideration the prevalence of war, the two recent plagues, and not one but TWO Daedric invasions in less than a thousand years killing off lots of mer before they have a chance to get old, thus driving the average down.

Sure, I can go with that. I would imagine upper-class Mer like Barenziah and Ayrenn would likely live longer than lower-class Mer like the one in the Interview. He says he knows of Mer that got over 200, so maybe ~500 is the most likely for those.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It may also be best if we leave Kirkbridian lore out of this, for everyone's sake. C0DA is fan-fiction.

Yes it is. Which I why I said don't be so sure that everything will be helpful...

Anyways, carry on :)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt Ayrenn will be around after the Interregnum because Numidium. That thing doesn't just kill, it 'NO's you out of existence. Maybe that's why there is no record of her. Numidium will wipe her from history.

Also note that Talos commanded the Numudium to destroy the Dominion. He never specified WHICH Dominion...
    Edited by ArrerBoy on September 11, 2015 6:51PM
  • Astril_Nox
    Astril_Nox
    Soul Shriven
    ArrerBoy wrote: »
    Doubt Ayrenn will be around after the Interregnum because Numidium. That thing doesn't just kill, it 'NO's you out of existence. Maybe that's why there is no record of her. Numidium will wipe her from history.

Also note that Talos commanded the Numudium to destroy the Dominion. He never specified WHICH Dominion...

He destroyed the second aldmeri dominion.

Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition Aldmeri Dominion

Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Astril_Nox That's true... so what happened to the first one (in your opinion)?
  • Astril_Nox
    Astril_Nox
    Soul Shriven
    I hope guys enjoy the bad english xD. An apology for any grammatical and spelling mistakes.
    @Astril_Nox That's true... so what happened to the first one (in your opinion)?

In my humble opinion and if you don't mind my speculation. I think that the first dominion, maybe, was destroyed for internal problems. War is always expensive, more a total war like on the three banners, but not only economical but also social and friction between the altmer, bosmer, and khajiits could be devastating (??), more if Ayrenn is death. I need more work in this idea, but a i think it's understandable at the moment.

And for Ayrenn, i think she is death. Maybe, the jokes about Battlereeve Urcelmo leads him to the madness and kill her (that would be funny for the irony), or maybe she was killed on the battlefield, or a new Veiled Heritance. But I really doubt that she is still a live at 2E 830.

Hugs.
    Edited by Astril_Nox on September 14, 2015 12:46AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remembered this, I hope it's useful:

Rising Threat
    With the Empire submerged in this mayhem, the Thalmor were quick to act. They overthrew the rightful Kings and Queens of the Altmer. I remember the revulsion and horror that took hold when word reached me - that this dementia had gripped my homeland. Once so proud and majestic, many of our great race actually embraced this insanity!

This doesn't really confirm or deny whether she's still alive, but it's unlikely she's still Queen by 4th Era (though I don't believe that rules out the possibility of her abdicating some time in that span).