The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster's Archive: Modern and Historical Riding Mounts"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Loremaster's Archive: Modern and Historical Riding Mounts."

In today's issue, Lady Honnorah af-Lahreq has taken the time to answer your questions about riding mounts in Tamriel.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like camel mounts before Christmas to me. I will admit I laughed at the Dragon and Unicorn comment. XD

Zeni, I know you guys aren't planning to do flying mounts, but you really need to come up with a better in-game excuse for why than 'the riders are too heavy' when we know magic exists to make things lighter and creatures stronger. How about having some of those things susceptible to the recent Khahaten Flu? If that illness could take out cat people and elves and humans, I doubt having it take out Gryphons too would be a big stretch. Or maybe those bats are not good around crowds or loud noise (*cough*ARMIES*cough*). Or maybe the Netch dietary requirements are too specific to make them good mounts outside of a very small area. (What DO Netches eat, anyway?)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Pfft, flying mounts? This isn't WoW.

And nowhere have I seen in any Elder Scrolls game a flying mount. . .

The closest thing to flying is levitation and well, that's not a mount and
    also unless you're a Dovahkiin you cannot fly Dragon mounts or anything
    of the kind. So, please stop trying to netch fart on our beautiful lore, n'wahs!

Furthermore, I wish people would stop asking for silly mounts. . . Horses, guars,
    senches (and soon even bears), we already have! Just because something walks
    doesn't mean you can turn it into a mount, fools.
    Wamasu mount? Anyone ever wanted one of those? Please. Just go sit in a corner.

So... No flying mounts. FULL STOP. But, perhaps ZOS could introduce some sort of
    levitation spell with a massive cooldown effect in place of such a bizarre idea.

Now that wouldn't be so bad and would be a lot more fun. ;)

• Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was extremely happy to read that Lady Honnorah af-Lahreq believes flying mounts will never come to Tamriel. I will of course have to travel to Aswala Stables to commend her logic. I'll also say a prayer to the Eight that such mounts that violate the lore of Tamriel never find their way into its borders.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.