Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests Disappeared

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
PS4 (EP).

While I was looking around an area last night I met up with an interesting vampire character and we Grouped up. He was already doing a Quest in the area so 'Shared' it with me (is that the correct term?). Anyway ...... I didn't look at the name of the Quest in my Journal just tagged along and completed it. However, there was no notification that the Quest was over and I received no reward XP or anything. Also, the Quest Location on my Map is still Black and the wording, when I run my cursor over it, seems to say that the Quest is unfinished. Is this usual with a Shared Quest? Seeing as there's no way to check I've completed the Quest I was wondering what had happened.

What's really annoyed me though, is that there were two other Quest Markers in the same area and now they've disappeared. What's happened?

This's the second 'bug' that's bitten my character in two days :| What's going on?
Edited by Zephyr01 on September 4, 2015 4:55AM
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    You say you met another player and joined that person doing the quest, did you actually interact with an NPC to get given the quest? Joining another player will not automatically give you a quest.

The fact that it is still black suggests you will need to find an NPC who will activate the quest for you.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    You say you met another player and joined that person doing the quest, did you actually interact with an NPC to get given the quest? Joining another player will not automatically give you a quest.

The fact that it is still black suggests you will need to find an NPC who will activate the quest for you.

No, I didn't talk to an NPC to get the Quest. And now I'm unable to do so. There are no Quest markers in the area, where there were three when I first arrived in the area. When I logged in today an NPC Quest giver ran up to me but there was no Quest option to accept, just conversation. And yes, I asked all the Questions but no Quest was given or accepted. Weird.

I wonder if this problem is tied into another Quest I'm having a problem with in the same Deshaan area - see my Seal of Three Quest on this forum - where the Boss doesn't have a Health Bar and my Skill Bar doesn't light up so I cannot use Skills. My 'ordinary' R1 attacks don't hit because he's not red. It's very strange.