The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else falling through the earth upon logging in?

DaveMoeDee
DaveMoeDee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am regularly falling through the earth logging on. My characters are in Craglorn. 3 times they landed safely in Craglorn. One time, a character went splat and died.

I am now keeping my characters naked when doing writs.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has happened once before this patch, submit ticket and move on.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This never happened to me since Tamriel Unlimited. It happened plenty at launch last year.
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this has happened to me a few times since IC launched. For me it was mostly after I logged off inside the Shornhelm bank. I'd start with falling and sometimes I landed safely at the wayshrine, once I landed on a mountain peak outside the town which had no safe way down ("travel to player" from guild roster is very nice to save a soul gem), and a few times I went splat between the wayshrine and just outside of the bank.

Also in Vulkhel Guard, one of my bank toons always logs off right next to one of the tellers. But since IC when she logs on, she's always one floor above in the Bank building.

Not a big deal, but annoying. I do submit bug reports each time. On PC.
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, just happened again. This time in Mournhold and this time I ended up "landing" beneath the Enchanter's Store where I had logged out from. At least I could target and interact with the door.

Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here since the patch. Happens to me on two different characters from two different factions in Craglorn, The Rift, Auridon, Greenshade, Stonefalls, Rawl and Deeshan so far. :(
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not upon logging in, but pretty often at wayshrines nowadays. Sometimes the game tries to load again, and again, until I finally can set foot on the ground to walk on.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • wayner4_ESO
    Happen to me twice this week, in Auridon by the stable and Glenumbra also by the stable.
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me two more times so far today. Both characters had been logged off inside banks (Davon's Watch & Shornhelm) but when I logged on they were just falling through the sky and then **SPLAT**. Reported them both of course but these days when I do get a response it's the canned one telling me to check the FAQs, Forums and 3rd party wikis for answers. <sigh>
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like the game needs to be programmed so that the terrain and its collision have the highest priority to be loaded first, and THEN the player characters.. ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I figured out a solution. I will always log off in deep water.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on September 5, 2015 1:10AM
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

... and I bet it'll drop you off in the middle of slaughterfish when you log back on. ;-)

Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they put a banker in the water out there, I'm in^^

Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they put a banker in the water out there, I'm in^^

And it would finally make Argonian worth using.
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the latest patch didn't fix this. Loaded a character that had logged off in the Davon's Watch Bank and she was immediately "falling" and splattered on the outer walls of Davon's Watch. Then logged on with someone I had left at the Belkarth Woodworking Station and he ended up falling into the Spellscar. Would be nice if Zenimax could at least give this or the other threads regarding this a '/lurk' or something.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had it happen to me for a few days.
    Options
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was "fall free" for a few days, but this morning when doing crafting writs for my alts it hit back with a vengeance. At least I did have one "nice" fall where after having logged off in the Vulkhel Guard Bank, instead of splattering me in the middle of town it instead dropped me in the ocean, and away from slaughterfish!
    Options
  • Sarrge
    Sarrge
    Same here - splat on login. Once or twice I hit ground or water underneath the actual zone ground - could see people above me. Other times, I'm dropped from the air to splat on land or splash in the deep water. And randomly, I get dropped at a Wayshrine.

I also get the load screen reiterating occasionally - like it's trying to right the ship.

I turned off all my MODs and I load fine. After testing it a cheese-ton, it would seem that it's not any one MOD but that the load of MODs past a certain point causes the game to mis-fire loading the character/environ.

After the update on Monday, I thought they had fixed it - but it's back with a murder vengeance - my alts are dieing at an alarming rate this week - just from logging in.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: When I log in, the very moment the screen changes from load screen to character, I hit a menu hotkey (like K for skills, M for Map, or just the [ALT] key) and this seems to allow the character load to finish when it otherwise wouldn't. Not a fix, but I'll take what I can get. It seems to work a little better than half the time.
    Options
  • Sarrge
    Sarrge
    I've been having this issue for a long time (PC version) - since the DLC update, i think.

I've tweeked and played with the following: LUA memory, addons and mods, changing the in-game realestate where I log off and several other hair brained "what if" scenarios.

I bought a new laptop (not to fix this) and the problem followed me to the new gear > 16GB RAM, 5 GB Video, i7, etc.

Since I've got a hugely powerful new system, I was running with my video settings maxed out. I cut them back (due to the heat generated!) to roughly medium and I haven't had this happen since. Still testing, but it looks like the video settings is at least a contributor if not the cause.

Solution (at least until a fix is provided): lower your in-game video settings and slowly re-up so long as you don't replicate the problem. If you do, go back to the last video setting increase and dial it back.
    Options
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    took a funny twist for me today...started a new alt, and was in the initial ship. fell through the ship...and hit the ground 1/4 of the map away! I guess the "instance" for the ship is somewhere over the map there? weird place to put a ship instance...
    Options