Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Deconstruction bug? Has anyone received a Charcoal of Remorse from Deconstructing IC drops?

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert

I've spent the last three nights in IC enjoying all it's wonderous glory you guys have provided and noticed a possible bug. I've deconstructed probably close to 100 items so far and have yet to receive a Charcoal of Remorse from it. I also have noticed that your guarantee'd 1 material from deconstruction is affecting all items regardless of level, was that intended? IMO, we should at least get 1 material and possibly other items from things, style stones and tempers. I haven't watched to seed if I am getting tempers from these new materials. I just know that I am NOT getting any Charcoals.

My wife as deconstructed about the same number of items as me and has yet to get one as well.

For any players out there experiencing this same issue, please post here so @ZOS has an idea about it's affects.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

I've spent the last three nights in IC enjoying all it's wonderous glory you guys have provided and noticed a possible bug. I've deconstructed probably close to 100 items so far and have yet to receive a Charcoal of Remorse from it. I also have noticed that your guarantee'd 1 material from deconstruction is affecting all items regardless of level, was that intended? IMO, we should at least get 1 material and possibly other items from things, style stones and tempers. I haven't watched to seed if I am getting tempers from these new materials. I just know that I am NOT getting any Charcoals.

For any players out there experiencing this same issue, please post here so @ZOS has an idea about it's affects.

I've deconned around 50 IC items, and I haven't seen one, either. The funny thing is, I DID get one or two on the PTS.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

I've deconned around 50 IC items, and I haven't seen one, either. The funny thing is, I DID get one or two on the PTS.

Yeah, when I was testing things on the PTS prior to the 1 guarantee'd item update, I had 7 easily from 30 items. Somethings definately broke.

I do see them in the guild stores for sale though but don't know how they obtained them. I've bought some from the Tel Var merchant and assumed that's how others have gotten them as well. Since they cost 100 Tv Stones, people are listing them from anywhere from 5k per Charcoal to 75k(Craglron). It's ridiculous.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll take a look and make sure everything is working properly - thanks for the heads up.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for your help and time. It is greatly appreciated! :)
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to clarify, you can only get the Charcoal of Remorse by deconstructing items that are of the Xivkyn style. Is that what you guys are doing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten one from deconstructing a Xivkyn style item, so it is possible but it might just be a very small chance.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I've got one as well from deconstructing Xivkyn style. Judging by the number of V16 mats I've accumulated I've deconstructed something to the order of 200 Items (enough to make one V16 item lol)

Xivkyn drops are just extremely rare.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, you can only get the Charcoal of Remorse by deconstructing items that are of the Xivkyn style. Is that what you guys are doing?

Were the Xivkyn drop rates then lowered for Live than on PTS? In a two hour run on the PTS I had 7 Charcoals from deconstruction from about 50 items. I've spent about 10 hours in there on Live and deconstructed every item I received regardless of color and have YET to receive one. I deconstruct things pretty quickly without looking at the style so it's possible that I just haven't received one yet. That drop rate seems really low though. My wife and I always go in there together so your talking about 20 hours of gaining items and deconstructing about 200 items with a 0 return.

The majority of the mobs we are fighting also are the Xivkyn Daedra in there. There's the occasional clan fear but up in the districts, there's more human/daedra than clan fears.
    Edited by Robbmrp on September 3, 2015 4:05PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about four or five from deconstructing loot from the dungeons so it is possible.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the two new dungeons appears the only way to get your hands on armor/weapons in the Xivkyn style to decon as far as I've seen, and they're not guaranteed to drop only as that style in the dungeons. I've noticed its mostly just boss/special trash drops that have flavor text that drop as Xyvkin style. I've done both dungeons on vet 5-6 times and I only have 5 charcoal of remorse to show for it.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bug. You just weren't lucky with a xivkyn-style armor or weapon drops. Out of the 500+ items, I've got 4. It is rare, but look at it from this perspective - by the time you actually get a xivkyn chapter, you'd probably have more than 10 anyways (at the rate of acquiring it); this is more than enough to craft a full set of armor.

No issue here.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got xivkyn style material from about 2% of my deconstructed v15/16 gear (not all of that was xivkyn though), so you might just have been unlucky.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah got one too
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Corpsage
    Corpsage
    ✭✭✭
    I have received 3 so far from deconstruction.
    Corpsage The Blackened - V16 Altmer Templar DC
    Corpsage The Bane - V16 Imperial Templar DC
    Corpsage The Decimator - V16 Dunmer Night Blade DC
    Corpse Guevara - 32 Dunmer Dragon Knight DC
    Corpsage The Iniquitous - 27 Orc Night Blade DC
    The Lord Corpsage - 5 Altmer Sorcerer DC
    We are the many who is One
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With approximately 150 deconstructed items, I have received two so far. Rare, but not impossible. Too rare, like all crafting stuff released after 1.6.5, but yeah.

Considering that pages are traded for close to 500k gold, I would think it takes quite a while until I build anything in that style, the gold is just too good to grab for as long as this lasts...
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 4 so far purely from decon so it's perfectly possible.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, after 4 nights of going into IC and killing Daedra I FINALLY received a Charcoal of Remorse. The drop rates on these are really low from the looks of it. They want people to spend Tel Var stones for them apparently.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • keremonder
    i have 3 from decon..
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get one today
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got few from dezzing drops of new dungeon

Sounds Charcoal won't be hard to got, ~ rarity as daedra hearts.
    Edited by Ayantir on September 4, 2015 6:02PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did get a charcoal of remorse (compulsive alt-a-holic and deconstructor here) but only one and I came here to find out what the heck it was. I run IC with way underleveled characters.

On the "you get something from any deconstruction" that is sooo NOT happening to my characters. I would say unless they have points in the skill (somewhere - doesn't even necessarily have to be in the x/10 or the decon benefit passives) AND when they are deconning stuff more than 10-14 levels above them, they don't get anything most of the time.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    I got like two in the last week, you can get it just is very very difficult maybe xyvkin weapons and armors are not dropong so miucj..... Anyway you can get it just for a 100 tel var each one