Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Help?

Chromes556
Chromes556
Soul Shriven
Hello,
This thread is mostly for PVP but PVE end dungeons matter too.
I have recently hit level 41 with my Dunmer NB who is also a werewolf on x1. It was a stamina build. I have realized I do not really like the NB’s playstyle very much. In fact, the only thing I really enjoy about the character is transforming into a wolf. I feel the desire to reroll a new character.
I enjoy running to the front of the battle. I want to be in the action. I would rather hold up a shield then dodge roll. I wanna win the war of attrition against other people. I like the idea of wearing heavy armor. I am ok being a werewolf or vamp as well. I am also not opposed to being a healer. The most important thing for me now is I just want survivablity. I felt like my NB was made out of paper.
I have played as the devoted claric in Neverwinter (loved that class), guardian in SWTOR, and a warrior in Guild Wars. I am torn between Temp and DK. Also, I want to stay in the Ebonheart Pact.
Thank you,
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    I've turned my Imperial stamina NB WW medium with dw into a tank with 2H...with much assistance from this forum.

I'm using 5 pieces of Death's Wind, with the balance including weapons Hunding's.
    There's an even more tanky build with Whitesnake's & Death's, & it takes less damage for sure, & with less dps of course.
    The combo I use gives great dps, & the 4 second knockdown & stun has saved my arse many times in group delves (I play Pve solo).
    Rally & Reapers (Piercing in Pvp I'd suggest) food & potions keep me alive through trash & bosses, as like you, I like to get into the oppositions face.

I cannot comment on this build in Pvp (I've been ganked by groups a lot lol) but it's solo'd me through a third of Craglorn's group delves (the rest have too much respawning trash or bosses that hit at 35k every 15 seconds wtf?), & I've not died solo at a dolmen with this setup having done 201 of them, 100 of those at VR10+ levels in this actual gear.
    It doesn't save me to solo undaunted or public area group challenges (as above reasons), although it's killed a few of those bosses.

If that assists you at all in not abandoning your character just yet.

I'm XBox EU server, you're likely NA, so I probably can't offer to make you armour, but if I were given the base armour ingredient (I've forgotten what that is at lvl 41 sorry calcitrate?) I would.
    Edited by Swindy on September 3, 2015 1:46AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Chromes556
    Chromes556
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

The build you are describing might be something more my speed. I like that you're more sustainable and can last in battles. I like the build you are describing and I think I will aim for something along those. I unfortunately am in the NA server, but thank you for all the help. I really appreciate it. It may just be a character saver.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    You're very welcome.
    It was guys here who put me onto successful tanking, & trial & error got me to the above setup.

I still carry a set of medium & dw for sneaking around delves, & lesser mobs (anything non-gold bar ranked) as some places I can't fight my way to the bosses (or skyshards etc), and I'm fully stamina specced, with health enchantments on my heavy armour & jewelry, & stamina enchantments on the medium setup.

In DW whirlwind is your trashes worst nightmare & rapid strikes kills any boss of 1 gold bar or less.
    Dawnbreaker-veil of blades-soul tether for daedra/undead-heavy trash-bosses in that order. Once they morph up you'll possibly never WW again...I still haven't got to morhp my WW trees at VR14 & I'm Explorerer, Saviour of Nirn, & almost Enemy of Coldharbour...the other Ultimates are just that damn good.
    I didn't even discover dawnbreaker or veil of blades until I was already VR14...so you can learn by my mistakes.

Happy NB adventuring.

:smile:
    Edited by Swindy on September 4, 2015 2:23AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)