Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hyperactive Mounts

Annalyse
Annalyse
✭✭✭✭✭
Horses sound like they are galloping now when at the normal pace. Why was that changed? It's rather annoying because I keep thinking mine is stuck on gallop (since that has happened to me many times in the past). It used to sound like a slow canter and it worked well.

Yes, I know it is a minor thing that doesn't matter in the scheme of things but it was an unnecessary change and makes no sense! Please change it back to normal.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the audio? It seems like mine was taking tiny steps but more of them.

Maybe it's supposed to *seem* faster?
    PC NA
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Argonian Magicka Templar, Orc Stamina DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Horses both look and sound ridiculous when they are moving at a full sprint, I hope the ridiculousness hasn't propogated into slower movement speeds too.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Is it the audio? It seems like mine was taking tiny steps but more of them.

Maybe it's supposed to *seem* faster?

It's both, the audio is different but they are also definitely taking fast tiny steps - it looks and sounds foolish. It might be to seem faster but it sure is not realistic.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's something physically wrong with a horse that takes little mincing steps at a gallop.
    PC NA
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Argonian Magicka Templar, Orc Stamina DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer