The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has this become Elder Lag Online?

wraithguknub18_ESO
wraithguknub18_ESO
✭✭✭
OMG I was getting 60+ FPS and 80-100 ping. Now Im getting 20-30 FPS and pings 300+

Stutter steping everywhere. Add-on's gone. Still doing it. WTF this is frustrating

So am I the only one with this issue?
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Tests Online? I'm not surprised after large patches..
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because they added a whole bunch of deer to Cyrodiil. Only these deer are heading to the sewers to get shot.

Just wait for some of the deer to get frustrated and rage quit, and the lag problem should subside.
    signing off
  • Ice_Eye
    Ice_Eye
    ✭✭
    I am getting similar issues, the overall fps is decent however it keeps stuttering every couple seconds.
    I am only getting this problem in IC though, havent had problems outside of IC.
    Edited by Ice_Eye on August 31, 2015 9:15PM
    May the moons watch over you all.
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, welcome to ESO. Its been this way since the beginning. This reminds me of how they bragged about their mega server and 200 players being able to play in the same area. Pfft!
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It's probably because they added a whole bunch of deer to Cyrodiil. Only these deer are heading to the sewers to get shot.

Just wait for some of the deer to get frustrated and rage quit, and the lag problem should subside.

Maybe all those deer suddenly appearing was due to Werewolves disappearing? Seems like it disrupted the Cyrodiil ecosystem badly now that Werewolvs are endangered species. and slowly becoming extinct.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah doesnt matter where I am what Im doing I cant play> I am literally getting a headache from all the stop starting stutter stepping and every time I zone I have to reset my ui size
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah doesnt matter where I am what Im doing I cant play> I am literally getting a headache from all the stop starting stutter stepping and every time I zone I have to reset my ui size

Well the UI thing is an acknowledged bug and will be fixed in "a future patch".
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    first week after a large patch is usually pretty rough
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this kind of thing happens after a major patch with ESO and many other mmos. It should be fine in a week or so.
  • Diamond_10
    Diamond_10
    ✭✭✭
    I got the stutter going on too, disabled all addons, still stuttering
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodvic wrote: »
    Yeah, this kind of thing happens after a major patch with ESO and many other mmos. It should be fine in a week or so.

Wow a deja vu - seem like i saw exactly the same post 1 year ago.
  • ijacksparrowed
    ijacksparrowed
    ✭✭✭
    Before my game crashed I was in IC taking part in a massive 3 way battle and had no lag at all. Lets hope they've figured it out.