The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Respec. & Crown Experience Scrolls Timer!

Blade_07
Blade_07
✭✭✭✭
I'm very thankful that we are given a free respec. but while I'm being forced to do this I'm loosing my XP boost from my crown store experience scroll that I payed real money for! And also here is the main problem with this. This is FORCED on ALL players when we should have the option to except this or reject this. Now I have to redo all my characters when what I had was good enough for me. This forced respec. should be given as a limited time offer to let people decide if they wish to respec or not. Not one time have I felt it necessary to respec. my characters after an update.
Edited by Blade_07 on August 31, 2015 7:54PM
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to an MMORPG, where skills change because of balance.
    If you kept your skills and hated how one or more changed, you'd be whining about that.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I takes me about 30 minutes to do a full respect... so I feel your pain, I popped a exp scroll last night before logging off so Im basically, like any tru playa, gonna charge it to da game ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to an MMORPG, where skills change because of balance.
    If you kept your skills and hated how one or more changed, you'd be whining about that.

No, not if it was an option to except the free respec. or keep what you got. And if I dont like what I got after rejecting the free respec. then I simply go and pay a LITTLE gold to make the changes I want.
    Edited by Blade_07 on August 31, 2015 8:13PM
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade_07 wrote: »
    I'm very thankful that we are given a free respec. but while I'm being forced to do this I'm loosing my XP boost from my crown store experience scroll that I payed real money for! And also here is the main problem with this. This is FORCED on ALL players when we should have the option to except this or reject this. Now I have to redo all my characters when what I had was good enough for me. This forced respec. should be given as a limited time offer to let people decide if they wish to respec or not. Not one time have I felt it necessary to respec. my characters after an update.
    You were given warning that a full respec is happening, why would you use an xp scroll?
    #MOREORBS
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    You were given warning that a full respec is happening, why would you use an xp scroll?
    ^^ This. ^^

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 31, 2015 8:16PM
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course it would be nice to have the choice.
    But there is something called personal responsibility. You seem to be active on the forums @Blade_07, so you knew when the update was due and you knew that skills would be reset. Considering this Id say there is only one person to blame for popping an XP scroll just before the update.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Blade_07 wrote: »

I didnt pop the scroll and then log off. I had popped it and played for a bit and then the power went out for a day and a half. And I also never seen this warning because I never pay attention to the announcements you get when you first start because there mostly announcements that I dont really care about.(my problem) Important announcements like patches should be displayed in game as you first log in only once and only on the character that you logged in with. But thats just my tiny little opinion.

Edited by Blade_07 on August 31, 2015 8:25PM