The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorc streak nerf again?

mikwin
mikwin
✭✭
Ive just read that sorcs can only streak 2 to 3 times before running out of magic, is this true? So a night blade or a vamp can disappear into thin air but sorc who have low health/ armor cant streak off when they get rushed by a group.

Then i heard our shields are getting nerfed, are you serious? Without our shields the sorc is useless, theres classes that can out heal a sorcs dps all day and the only way a sorc stands a chance vs these guys is keep our shields up while they use all there resources up.

It really makes no sense. If we can't spam some abilities then why can people spam crushing blow or dodge roll, crushing blow hits nearly as hard as my frags and i have to proc my frags i cant just spam them.

The whole point of the sorc is to do damage from range, which is why we have streak so we can back up abit fast. Instead of having a stamina dps build cc us and dodge roll all of our abilities. What weaknesses does a stamina build have vs a sorc? I can't think of any but they have plenty of advantages over a magic build.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can blink a few more times depening on your Magicka pool and reduction and regen a bit.
    But it's true basically.
    Edited by Dracane on August 31, 2015 7:49PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's this way for any resource really. Hold block, dodge roll twice and your out. Too many streaks and your out. A friend of mine tested it on the PTS a while back and they were still able to do 7 in a row. As others mentioned, it depends on your max magicka.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    It's this way for any resource really. Hold block, dodge roll twice and your out. Too many streaks and your out. A friend of mine tested it on the PTS a while back and they were still able to do 7 in a row. As others mentioned, it depends on your max magicka.

But all these people roll dodging infinitely in 1.6. They can dodge as often as they want. Does 33% more cost really reduce Infinite to 3 times ? No sarcastic question, I just can't imagine this is the case.
    Edited by Dracane on August 31, 2015 7:54PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikwin wrote: »
    Ive just read that sorcs can only streak 2 to 3 times before running out of magic, is this true?
    You should try it by itself, only than you will discover the truth.
    tumblr_inline_nm518ahpsL1smmoxi_500.png

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive just read that sorcs can only streak 2 to 3 times before running out of magic, is this true? So a night blade or a vamp can disappear into thin air but sorc who have low health/ armor cant streak off when they get rushed by a group.

Then i heard our shields are getting nerfed, are you serious? Without our shields the sorc is useless, theres classes that can out heal a sorcs dps all day and the only way a sorc stands a chance vs these guys is keep our shields up while they use all there resources up.

It really makes no sense. If we can't spam some abilities then why can people spam crushing blow or dodge roll, crushing blow hits nearly as hard as my frags and i have to proc my frags i cant just spam them.

The whole point of the sorc is to do damage from range, which is why we have streak so we can back up abit fast. Instead of having a stamina dps build cc us and dodge roll all of our abilities. What weaknesses does a stamina build have vs a sorc? I can't think of any but they have plenty of advantages over a magic build.

sorcs can have a huge amount of magicka, if you need that much bolt escaping your not fighting, your running. same goes for any class. damage in pvp has been lowered,blocking is nerfed,stamina doesnt regen. we're all gonna feel the hurt until we adapt i guess.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . What weaknesses does a stamina build have vs a sorc? I can't think of any but they have plenty of advantages over a magic build.

Depending on the class-Less shields, less resources. Even if we do have a shield we certainly can't spam it over and over in a fight. Wrecking blow has a cast time and can't be insta cast even though i still think it's a cheap skill. I have nothing but weaknesses unless i catch a sorcerer off guard as a stamina NB. If i walk up to him i get cursed and CCed to death. Stamina doesn't regen in stealth if i'm moving unlike magika which never has a problem. If a sorcerer sprints it doesn't limit his dps either
    Edited by Sithisvoid on August 31, 2015 7:59PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep from the patch notes.
    Sorcs will now be required to use the W key to move through Cyrodiil
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    Im not bothered if i can streak 10 times as long as its balanced. If i can streak 3 times then a stamina build should only be able to dodge roll around the same amount of times.

Same goes for wrecking blow it does to much damage so it shouldn't be spamable. Imo any skill that stuns should do minimal damage. Stamina builds have a big enough advantage as it is by stunning us un till all our stamina has gone, which is why i need big shields in the first place.

They get more armor, more blocks and we get more magic that don't even do more damage then them anyway. It makes no sense. Obviously a magic build with less armor and stamina should hit way harder than any other build.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Mist is easily fought with roots.
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye signature sorc ability. You will be missed.
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad now.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that the nerf is a bit extreme I also have a sorc that i stopped leveling when i heard lol
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    . What weaknesses does a stamina build have vs a sorc? I can't think of any but they have plenty of advantages over a magic build.

Depending on the class-Less shields, less resources. Even if we do have a shield we certainly can't spam it over and over in a fight. Wrecking blow has a cast time and can't be insta cast even though i still think it's a cheap skill. I have nothing but weaknesses unless i catch a sorcerer off guard as a stamina NB. If i walk up to him i get cursed and CCed to death. Stamina doesn't regen in stealth if i'm moving unlike magika which never has a problem. If a sorcerer sprints it doesn't limit his dps either

Mind me asking what you will be running? I'm stamina imperial looking for insight. Thinking about running reactive/Armour master or sheer venom. Not sure what ill do weapon wise either.

You could message me if you'd like.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 2.6k stam regen, no cost reduction glyphs I was able to dodge roll 6 times in a row during my PTS testing.. With 2k magicka regen and warlock set, I was able to blink 8 times in a row.. But u can always blink 4 times, dark exchange -> blink more, basicly u can perma blink like u used, but need to play much careful..
    Edited by Ryuho on August 31, 2015 8:18PM
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Suntzu1414
    becoming a vamp is sounding pretty good...right now.

:P
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind me asking what you will be running? I'm stamina imperial looking for insight. Thinking about running reactive/Armour master or sheer venom. Not sure what ill do weapon wise either.

5 piece hunding's rage, 3 piece ashen grip and shadow walker jewelry. Sheer Venom looks awesome though
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    According to some vids on youtube becoming a heavy armor tank / dps with max stamina is the way to go. Before you no it all the magic builds will be long forgotten.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5 piece hunding's rage, 3 piece ashen grip and shadow walker jewelry. Sheer Venom looks awesome though

Yeah, Steel Tornado Proc's the set. Which could be deadly. If you use 2 set valkyn skoria o man, meteor's everywhere.

Not sure what ill do.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 31, 2015 8:29PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to some vids on youtube becoming a heavy armor tank / dps with max stamina is the way to go. Before you no it all the magic builds will be long forgotten.

And reroll Dragonknight :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »

But all these people roll dodging infinitely in 1.6. They can dodge as often as they want. Does 33% more cost really reduce Infinite to 3 times ? No sarcastic question, I just can't imagine this is the case.

I can't remember what my stamina level was when I tested it on the PTS but I don't recall it being over 15k. With that, I was able to dodge roll almost 4 complete times, 3 for sure. All that was done within 4 seconds total so the increase cost did apply. There will still be people able to do this 6-7 times, just the same as the Sorcs that can still Streak for that.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good Sorcs will still face roll you all on the battlefield. If you see me on Haderus take a screenshot because at that point you have approximately 12 seconds (battle spirit adjusted) to live.

=D

Edited by Xeven on August 31, 2015 9:24PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the right build, and right combo, you can still outmanouver zergs, not as good as before, but its still kinda possible.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it's either zerg up or get zergged. I kind of hate it as i prefer solo play. Anyone from Ebonheart on ps4 can tell you as i just hang out side thier keeps and gank lol
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If a sorc sprints he will die after the next CC because he cant break it.

And its really easy to get a ton of stamina sneak reduction: 7x medium armor 49%, lvl20 Legerdemain 40% and CPs. So medium armor builds should regen decent stamina while sneaking. Faster sneaking as vamp is also a good way to reduce sneak cost because you will need less time = less stamina for the same distance.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Yep from the patch notes.
    Sorcs will now be required to use the H, W, and Shift keys to move through Cyrodiil
    Fixed that for you :p
  • SkinnyDG
    SkinnyDG
    ✭✭✭
    ESO policy states Nerf first, buff never.
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Please answer my post in PvP Combat & Skills, so that I can abandon my sorc quickly.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think I grinded an Alt to VR12 that isn't my Sorc
  • SkinnyDG
    SkinnyDG
    ✭✭✭
    Zos is just driving home the fact that ESO is one of the worst mmorpgs ever created. Poor balance, poor graphics, poor gameplay, poor crafting, poor lore, poor story.... All I can say is "thank god for all the new games this holiday season."
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

And reroll Dragonknight :D

Eh ZOS does seem to want us all to be DK clones. It has been this way since beta. They have always been the easiest and cheapest class to play..

But as for magica builds... Magica NB will be the NBT! There I said it.. Now start leveling yours today. TRUST me.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington