The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1HS with magicka DK

jackiemanuel
jackiemanuel
✭✭✭
I see a lot magicka DK builds that use one hand & shield and am wondering what the benefit/purpose is. I'm a VR4 dunmer DK and have destruction staff and restoration staff maxed out. I've mostly used two inferno staves but sometimes use resto on my back bar. I'd like to level a new weapon and am considering 1HS. Looking at the skill line the only thing that jumps out to me is the gap closer. Not having one in my skill lines that seems like a good thing to have. Are there other good reasons i don't understand or see yet?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK's have no working gap closer so it's either that or a two hander. S/B gives two set bonus slots rather than 1 and we have block mitigation passives, and it costs less to block and we get more mitigation from it, especially in the warrior tree. Reverberating bash is pretty good as a heal debuff too. With -50% healing in PvP, any additional heal debuffing is pretty rough.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. All things i hadn't thought about. The set bonus in particular.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cause perma blocking magika dk's are back. called it on the pts.