The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Todays Nerf, Your Feelings?

• Superschwizer
    Stamina tanks are useless now in vet dungeons and pledges. Will hold off from playing the game until they fix this mess. been playing this build since launch, it never felt this pathetic until now.

You been playing the same build since beta?! No wonder you feel useless...
    No offense, but when things change, you need to adapt.
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    Blade_07 wrote: »
    Ive been getting owned by scrub magicka builds and biting jab spamming templars when I used to be able to hold my own with any build, Im getting so ridiculously pissed off because my entire stamina build is ruined and I keep getting owned doing the things I could do yesterday. Im just staring at my screen in the safety of the AD sewers wondering if I should just call it quits on this game or not. This stamina nerf was totally uncalled for and I wish the worst on whoever came up with the idea at Zenimax.

I hear ya man. I logged in long enough to find out that they screwed up and broke the UI size setting and logged off out of pure disgust with these clowns. They cant seem to add an update without adding a new bug or bugs. And their nerfs are always taking the fun and good things that people happen to like outta the game! Everybody goes threw the time and trouble of figuring out what build works best for them and then they go along and tinker with stuff screwing everything up. And we all pay them money for this crap.

I was wondering about that if the sizing issue was something being affected by my addons or if had to do with patch related issues or if maybe I was the only experiencing it. When everything is in 4k all the bars are super tiny and difficult to see so I have to increase the scale and now I have to do it every time I port or change zone. There were thousands of posts on how this stamina nerf was a terrible idea, but they didn't listen. They were too caught up in how near and dear to their hearts the change was for them. ***Shivers*** "My Precious..." :#
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Decreased all Armor and Spell Resistance enchantments. The decrease is approximately 36% at VR14.

Gold VR14 Physical Resistance enchantment added 630 in 1.5, 1116 in 1.6, 709 in 2.1 :lol: This is a good start. Now revert all remaining numbers back to 1.5 levels, please ^^
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Aneima
    Aneima
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina tanks are useless now in vet dungeons and pledges. Will hold off from playing the game until they fix this mess. been playing this build since launch, it never felt this pathetic until now.

Tell you what...go farm 700 + champion points! make a few different legendary sets of armor with different enchantments that you can switch out for whatever type of style gameplay your after.Then after you get to know your class inside and out and are having the most fun since you started playing this game and are content with the current skills, rotation, build etc...

Watch ZOS nerf you cause they were too incompetent to foresee the various skills gamers aligned with certain sets of armor and champion points that made them a bit overpowered against those players that were too stupid to do the same.

Maybe then you will see how using the word "adapt" sometimes is being used loosely.

Btw...there is nothing wrong with relearning a few rotations etc for better game balance. I however don't think we should have to relearn the entire class and lose out on gear and enchantments we spent time making because some moron at ZOS decided their ideas are what's best for the gamers.

Again some balance and relearning a few things isn't bad. But relearning a class cause it's been completely overhauled is bad. Why didn't ZOS do this at the beginning when the game launched in 2014? Well, it's the same reason this game lacks common neccessities such as fly text....they put out a game trying to save as much money as possible then say oh well we didn't want a cluttered UI. Well then give the option to turn it on or off for crying out loud...oh wait that's because it probably cost too much money to add that option as well.

Adapt? No I don't think so

Quit this game and give my money to another that's better. Yep, you betcha I did.
    Edited by Aneima on September 3, 2015 3:53PM
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they so stupid. Having one combat resourse also being used for parry, dodge etc. is stupid.

Remove stamina as a combat resource. Change magica to power and have all skills use and scale off that. Then only use stamina for sprinting, dodging, parry, break free etc.

Balancing would then be easy. Having two different resources is pointless anyway. You're limited enough by the number of skills on the two skill bars in terms of build variety.

You should still be able to points in stamina like health if you so wish, but it would not influence any skills. And then remove the scaling of damage/healing/effect of skills based on your power (stamina/magica). That would open up for more diverse builds. Points in power then only expands the size of your pool.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on September 3, 2015 6:17PM
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Aneima wrote: »

Tell you what...go farm 700 + champion points! make a few different legendary sets of armor with different enchantments that you can switch out for whatever type of style gameplay your after.Then after you get to know your class inside and out and are having the most fun since you started playing this game and are content with the current skills, rotation, build etc...

Watch ZOS nerf you cause they were too incompetent to foresee the various skills gamers aligned with certain sets of armor and champion points that made them a bit overpowered against those players that were too stupid to do the same.

Maybe then you will see how using the word "adapt" sometimes is being used loosely.

Btw...there is nothing wrong with relearning a few rotations etc for better game balance. I however don't think we should have to relearn the entire class and lose out on gear and enchantments we spent time making because some moron at ZOS decided their ideas are what's best for the gamers.

Again some balance and relearning a few things isn't bad. But relearning a class cause it's been completely overhauled is bad. Why didn't ZOS do this at the beginning when the game launched in 2014? Well, it's the same reason this game lacks common neccessities such as fly text....they put out a game trying to save as much money as possible then say oh well we didn't want a cluttered UI. Well then give the option to turn it on or off for crying out loud...oh wait that's because it probably cost too much money to add that option as well.

Quit this game and give my money to another that's better. Yep, you betcha I did.

not to mention, we may have to replace VR14 gear with VR14 gear, since the new crafting materials are only off of VR15+ bosses, or IC....
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I'm only waiting to see where the Surge Set drops from that way me and my guildmates can farm the hell out of it. Then we're going to farm the hell out of Engine Guardian and Nerien'eth to replace our current v12/v14 sets and call it a day. Only going to do Gold keys that can be 3-manned (so basically vet DC, vet FG, and vet EH, lol).

Welcome to the future boys, where common sense is non-existent and the ZoS (f*** tanks) way is the only way.

inb4 all group dungeons get nerfed and require a 4-man group to complete.
  • aialghannam_ESO
    aialghannam_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS, your player base (particularly tanks) who have spent much more hours playing it than you have can actually know a thing or two about the game more than you do. A lot of us are telling you that you've made a mistake on the whole stamina regen thing while blocking. You practically destroyed stamina-tanks. Either remove the whole penalty altogether, or at least remove it from shield holders.

I couldn't care less about PvP. But my stamina tank is now laughably weak in PvE, after it was doing greatly pre-update 7.

Also, please don't do half-assed fixes, like stamina regen reduced by x% while blocking or something like that, no! That will fix NOTHING! Just remove it altogether, or remove it for shields.
    Edited by aialghannam_ESO on September 3, 2015 8:26PM
    R.I.P. Tanks
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS, your player base (particularly tanks) who have spent much more hours playing it than you have can actually know a thing or two about the game more than you do. A lot of us are telling you that you've made a mistake on the whole stamina regen thing while blocking. You practically destroyed stamina-tanks. Either remove the whole penalty altogether, or at least remove it from shield holders.

I couldn't care less about PvP. But my stamina tank is now laughably weak in PvE, after it was doing greatly pre-update 7.

Also, please don't do half-assed fixes, like stamina regen reduced by x% while blocking or something like that, no! That will fix NOTHING! Just remove it altogether, or remove it for shields.

NERFS MAKE MY CAPS LOCK!
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I know for sure that streamers end up with inside info on upcoming changes and also have input directly to the developers.

this, and yes almost all "balance" changes were done because of IC, PvE takes priority balance over PvE for obvious reasons despite the fact that its a very small part of the game.

I agree with this 100%. Its true that PvP has to be tweaked a lot to keep things in balance. BUT...they could and should even though they will not separate the PvP teaks from the PvE tweaks. Wile I can some what agree with the stamina nerf for PvP what I dont agree with is how it has drastically screwed PvE over big time and they knew and did it anyways along with other things that they should have never done.

Everything that I had in motion and goals that I set for what I was doing and happy with it, all got completely destroyed with one epic fail of a patch. All the time, gold, mats, planing, and goals I had setup was taken away from me by the people that I expected to give me a good gaming experience for ALL the damn large amounts of money that I have WASTED on them!!! I'm VERY angry with them and I'm actually angry with my self for being so very stupid. I should have done what I actually knew was right to do a long time ago. But I was blinded in thinking that these guys honestly cant be that bad and that they would fix this game and make it good like all the other Elder Scrolls games. I told my self "It just takes some time, they will get it right" and when they did then I figured that everybody that left this game would all come back and we would be one big happy family.... NOT! This patch forced me to take off the blinders and come back down to reality and face the facts for what they really are.

Doctor_Who_War_Doctor_No_more.jpg

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you all fail to realize is that this is considered part of "expansion". By borking up your class, you now have tons more content to do in order to re-roll a new character and gear up. This equates to months of new content. It's pure genius and should be recognized as such.

In other news, hell has indeed froze over. More to come.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aneima wrote: »

You took the words right outta my mouth! The same exact thing has happened to me and I'm like you...F! this crap!
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    What you all fail to realize is that this is considered part of "expansion". By borking up your class, you now have tons more content to do in order to re-roll a new character and gear up. This equates to months of new content. It's pure genius and should be recognized as such.

In other news, hell has indeed froze over. More to come.

Wow, I think its you that needs to realize buddy. Seriously, can you read and then actually comprehend what was said? If so you would not make such a statement as this. Obviously this patch had little to no effect on your preferred play style so you have not suffered major loss and dont even have a clue what the hell you are talking about then.
    Edited by Blade_07 on September 3, 2015 9:59PM

• AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    im curious if its a hint toward what they *SHOULD* fix: IE animation canceling (Once u start a 'casting' animation, said animation should complete, logically it does not stand to reason that 'normal' use of a bow involves taking aim, drawing back the string, and releasing, yet one can do a spastic twitch and mentally produce an arrow out of thin air then create another instantly after(IE: cast spell then normal/light attack) by blocking.

Blocking should CANCEL anything your doing unless casting, and in that case, should either force u to complete the animation(within reason) and allow you to be interrupted (And stunned)

Also blocking should prevent ANY casting baring specific 'tank' themed skills (IE those in S&B tree should be exempt for the most part)

The two should NEVER have been allowed to 'cancel' each other out (Yet not?) IE: it should be either - or choice, not 'one overrides the other'

I disagree about the pve/pvp thing. Honestly if a 'mechanic' or world physics affects ONE thing it should affect both. None of this magical 'hedging' to make one thing in pvp act utterly different in pve. - If blocking prevents stamina regen(IE if this is their chosen route and they plan to stick with it) in pvp, it should do so on pve. To do otherwise simply makes it 2 different games. (Similar but different)
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    im curious if its a hint toward what they *SHOULD* fix: IE animation canceling (Once u start a 'casting' animation, said animation should complete, logically it does not stand to reason that 'normal' use of a bow involves taking aim, drawing back the string, and releasing, yet one can do a spastic twitch and mentally produce an arrow out of thin air then create another instantly after(IE: cast spell then normal/light attack) by blocking.

Blocking should CANCEL anything your doing unless casting, and in that case, should either force u to complete the animation(within reason) and allow you to be interrupted (And stunned)

Also blocking should prevent ANY casting baring specific 'tank' themed skills (IE those in S&B tree should be exempt for the most part)

The two should NEVER have been allowed to 'cancel' each other out (Yet not?) IE: it should be either - or choice, not 'one overrides the other'

I disagree about the pve/pvp thing. Honestly if a 'mechanic' or world physics affects ONE thing it should affect both. None of this magical 'hedging' to make one thing in pvp act utterly different in pve. - If blocking prevents stamina regen(IE if this is their chosen route and they plan to stick with it) in pvp, it should do so on pve. To do otherwise simply makes it 2 different games. (Similar but different)

Well, I respectfully disagree with ya. Most if not all the nerfs have been made for PvP. A PvP designed tweak should never be also made for PvE. Make tweaks to specifically affect either or. A PvP tweak is for PvP and NOT for PvE. Most of the nerfs have effected PvE in a bad way like this last one to stamina. It was for PvP and perma blocking which is broken but the amount of nerfing thats needed to be done to fix PvP completely WRECKED PvE!!! So, how could you possibly think that PvP nerfs are any good for PvE? O.o Seriously, we are talking about 2 very different play styles here. Each one NEEDS its own custom nerfing/tweaking. Its like saying that a tune up for a honda will work for a porsche. Each car(play style) needs its own tune up(nerf/tweaks). And to say that tanks could perma block in PvE is a incorrect statement! In regular PvE a tank is not blocking all that much if not at all. And in group PvE in dungeons tanks cannot perma block a boss or any boss for that matter. Bosses hit hard enough to drain your stamina fast if all you do is sit there and block. I had as much stamina regen stacked as I could on my VR12 DK Breton tank and I could never perma block! And another thing though is that an effective tank NEEDS to be able to at least block as much as possible and roll dodge out of the way of AoE & conel attacks specially if they have a large area of effect that just plain moving wont be enough. If you have never seriously stamina tanked then your not gunna know what this patch has really done to us tanks.
    They should have nerfed the CP system instead!
    Edited by Blade_07 on September 4, 2015 7:25PM

• Darkius
    Darkius
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Darkius wrote: »
    Stuff

That's a good idea. Will it happen? No. They sell exp potions on the crown store. The need to keep up makes competitive players open their wallets. It's an arms race with no end and the biggest $$$ spender comes out on top.

An entire DLC set around pvp, pvp set around champ points, champ points set around experience points, exp points gained at a faster rate through sub to eso + and paying money for exp potions.

The only solution is not be competitive, play to have fun, don't spend $$$, then move on when the next big thing comes along.

I agree, after all games are businesses. I nonetheless felt like I could suggest some solutions if they ever remove the vet ranks or consider reworking the current system. There are some solutions that retain long term chases, it just would not be as profitable for them.

Otherwise I have to say I love all the changes they've made. I'm v10 and can take on most opponents, but usually 2 v15s or 1 V16 will be too much. That makes more sense to me than "hello v14, oh I'm just not going to bother defending myself, you'll kill me in 5 seconds anyways with that grinding powerrrrr".

The longer time to kill really makes it better and lots of improvements were made, but you would expect that as people max out their builds, some of the cracks in the balance will show again.

Let's hope not.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
    Sun Tzu
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm being completely honest, I love this stupid game so much, if they made me dual wield wiffle bats, I'd probably keep playing.