The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Topling Charge causing player to get stuck not in the IC Notes

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Does the IC Patch include a fix for the Templar Skill Topling Charge that would occasionally cause the player to have their feet stuck in the ground unable to move? I didn't see anything in the notes and am hoping that it was missed. When this happens, you can't move at all, dodge roll, jump, nothing. The only ways to get out of it are to use the /stuck or hope that an enemy uses a spell on you that causes a knock back.

Thank you both for your time.
NA Server - Kildair
  • crm381121b14_ESO
    crm381121b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've also had this issue on my Templar. When using this ability in the middle of combat, if you get stuck you either die or type /reloadui in chat really fast to try and survive. Please fix.
    Rosetech33-PS4
    NA Server
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also had this issue on my Templar. When using this ability in the middle of combat, if you get stuck you either die or type /reloadui in chat really fast to try and survive. Please fix.

Reload UI doesn't resolve it for me at all. I'm either dead or literally knocked out of my socks backwards to get freed.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen two times for me on Saturday. I've reported using the in-game bug report and included a screenshot. I hope it gets fixed soon.

PS: I didn't knew that /reloadui could be used to get out of it... Thanks for the info @crm381121b14_ESO :)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    I've had this happen two times for me on Saturday. I've reported using the in-game bug report and included a screenshot. I hope it gets fixed soon.

PS: I didn't knew that /reloadui could be used to get out of it... Thanks for the info @crm381121b14_ESO :)

Good luck trying reloadui. It doesn't work for me :(
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    Opening crown store and spinning my toon has fixed this for me in the past so I can move again, but still a lame bug.
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robbmrp:

Next time it happens to me, I'll give it a try... I agree, it probably won't work, but it's worth a try before doing a full logoff/logon cycle...
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Templar things.
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this happens to me on my Templar from time to time, the only fix is open Crown store preview a mount and rotate a bit left and right then come out of store and all is good again.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Makes you wonder if it's a bug or if @ZOS has found an interesting way to make us actually look at the Crown Store items..... :D
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Just Templar things.

It's happened for me on any non-jump gap closer, not just templars.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Just Templar things.

Sorry to say, but good to hear that it's not Templar only :smile:
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. They said they will add it too the tooltip so it says "There is a 25% chance that you will get stuck in the air".
    ~ @Niekas ~

Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Just Templar things.

It was fantastic once, I charged someone on siege but they ran. I then stood there for a good handful of minutes waving my sword around until someone kindly came up so I could dragon leap on them.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Templar things.

It was fantastic once, I charged someone on siege but they ran. I then stood there for a good handful of minutes waving my sword around until someone kindly came up so I could dragon leap on them.

If I remember right, I wasn't able to do another Topling Charge and break out of it. Only when hit by a knockback spell was I able to move again. I got stuck in a keep wall last week while repairing it. I could slide with the wall on any straight parts of it but couldn't around corners. I had to do a /stuck to fix it.... It was funny and frustrating at the same time.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Templar things.

It was a joke. You know, cause so much of the Templar's package is just buggy and slow in general.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just Templar things.

If I remember right, I wasn't able to do another Topling Charge and break out of it. Only when hit by a knockback spell was I able to move again. I got stuck in a keep wall last week while repairing it. I could slide with the wall on any straight parts of it but couldn't around corners. I had to do a /stuck to fix it.... It was funny and frustrating at the same time.

I got stuck to the wall before, I stood there while people repaired it and once it went up fully (full repaired model) I was able to walk away from it.
    Options
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    contact.opiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also sometimes i have a BIIIGGGG cooldown after this one, making impossible to attack or active a skill for about 2 sec
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also sometimes i have a BIIIGGGG cooldown after this one, making impossible to attack or active a skill for about 2 sec

Usually I get those when the games lagging. My weapon swap bar "locks" and doesn't unlock until I dodge roll.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options