The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Old Main or New Main

Daonna
Daonna
✭✭✭
Not sure if this is the place to post this question, but I'm here anyways. I've recently began playing again but I wanted to change how my main looked so I just made a new one, the only thing is, is that my old main had 95% completed all traits and racial styles. And I would rather not have to switch back and forth to that character if I need something (I also like achievements), but it would take forever if I wanted to have my new main equal in research. So, I was looking to you guys to see what you guys would do in my situation: keep the old crafting main as the crafter or make my new one the crafter?
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, it took me the better part of a year or more to get completely maxed out in crafting. And I was vigilant. I wouldn't redo that for anything lol! My crafter used to be my main as well. Now, he is my crafter. Its not hard to switch characters to do your stuff. It just takes so long to level all that up and get all those motifs it doesn't seem worth it to start all over.

However, you could use your new main to craft other things. Provisioning and alchemy would be good to get leveled up too. Just my 2 cents :) Up to you dude!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Daonna
    Daonna
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think leveling up in what he didn't have top notch would be worth it, thanks man.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Master Crafter feed an Alt gear is such a joy to have. Keep your Crafter as a Crafter, give them enough combat chops to go and farm for you and leave them parked at a crafting station. Then, all your Alt has to do is combat, and maybe some Farming.

As for Achievements, they are nice, but none of them really advance your character, and the dyes you unlock are account wide. So, there is no real benefit to unlocking achievements on more than one character. Besides, you still have the Achievement points on the Crafter.

Just imagine, your L4 coming out of the wailing prison sporting a set of Green Improved Training and Exploration Gear. Then, at L10, put them in some Blue improved gear and they can wear that for the next 6 to 10 levels.
    Edited by Nestor on August 31, 2015 7:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have two characters, at the moment.

Imperial Dragonknight - VR14 (Active Tank, can respec to Magicka/Stamina DPS or Heal)
    Nord Templar - Level 21 (DPS)

My Imperial has all skill lines maxed out (except for PvP, Undaunted and Legerdemain), including all crafts. I'm tired of playing as a Dragonknight. Everything seemed like I "had" to play a certain way to DPS or go a certain route to tank. I'm really not sure what it is, but someone about them isn't appealing to me anymore.

I started a Templar alt and, from Level 1 to 21, I've been enjoying him a heck of a lot more. I plan on making him my new main and, with my Dragonknight having all crafts maxed and all styles known, it allows me to have a lot more skill points available on my Templar.

However, it's really difficult to have a versatile build or options when most of your skill points are dumped into all crafts. In my current tank build and only two three crafts maxed with all skill points, I had enough to have a PvP and Magicka DPS spec, which saves me from costly respecs. If I were dump points into the rest of the crafts, I can easily see having to respec frequently.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Daonna
    Daonna
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys, I didn't know dyes were account wide now either, so that definitely makes me feel better about only having that one crafting character.