The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

addons on windows 10

Skiserony
Skiserony
✭✭✭
I bought a new laptop that has windows 10 on it. It has 128GB SSD memory so I had to install ESO on my secondary disk (HDD). Now I tried to install my addons again but I can't seem to get them to work in the game. It just doesn't appear in the addon tab. I think it might be an issue with unfolding those files, but what way I try to do it, I can't seem to get it right.

Someone had this too or can help me with this?

ps: holy *** this game looks beautiful, switched from low to ultra settings :D
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total shot in the dark suggestion, as I really don't know.
    The addon folder is in User> *name* > Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live > addons
    -maybe this is on your SSD drive, where you most likely have your OS.
    Since you put the game on the HDD, I suggest attempting to place your addons in the same path as above but on your HDD.

Again, I am just shooting in the dark. Maybe someone else has an exact solution.
    <X-Raided>
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You may also want to try posting this in Add-Ons & UI Mods section of the forum: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Why you do not download Minion.... more faster easy so you can keep up with the updates.

CLICK HERE
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Fissh wrote: »
    Total shot in the dark suggestion, as I really don't know.
    The addon folder is in User> *name* > Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live > addons
    -maybe this is on your SSD drive, where you most likely have your OS.
    Since you put the game on the HDD, I suggest attempting to place your addons in the same path as above but on your HDD.

Again, I am just shooting in the dark. Maybe someone else has an exact solution.

Well thing is, there's no location for addons where you install the game. I suppose it's meant to be like this, but maybe that's what causing the issue? That I had to install the game on my secondary disk? Does seem a bit weird though for a gaming laptop.

Does anyone else with this setup have the same issue?
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    You may also want to try posting this in Add-Ons & UI Mods section of the forum: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods

Oh, yea I could have but it's that I ask some help from other players.
    DanniBoi wrote: »
    Why you do not download Minion.... more faster easy so you can keep up with the updates.

CLICK HERE

Doesn't this require to unfold files? Or is it just a program that does it? And I guess I should install it on my secondary disk too?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Well @Skiserony if you need the space do it in another disk, but yeah, the program does it for you. You will see, it is easy.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on August 31, 2015 4:28PM
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    @DanniBoi

Thanks, but now I've encountered my next problem. I've installed it and installed the addons I wanted to use. But it doesn't appear in the game even though Minion syas it's installed.

Any idea?
  • Ckrit
    Ckrit
    Open Minion. Click Options, check "Path" is correct.

For me on Win8.1 it's C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Addons
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like my Elders Scrolls Online folder was created on Onedrive in those documents. Could this be the issue? And can I move this to the right location?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Skiserony did you figure it out?...
    Edited by Donum-Dei on September 1, 2015 2:44PM
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    @DanniBoi

Well I installed minion, installed the addons I wanted to use but can't seem to get them actually active on the game. They do not appear in the addon tab either. I have no idea where to install the folder elsewhere either.

Do you run ESO with Windows 10?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do @Skiserony

Did you where able to set the path of where the add ons will be installed? They should be set like...

C:\ Documents/"Name of the Computer"/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/AddOns

that is the correct location in which you need to set it, even though, it supposed to do it automatically when you install the minion launcher. Anyhow, verified where is the location you have set the minion launcher to apply those add ons.

Remember it need to be in that order

Open Minion and click on the wheel icon on top that said's "Option" there you can set it all up again.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on September 2, 2015 3:06AM
  • Lodan
    Lodan
    DanniBoi wrote: »
    Remember it need to be in that order

Open Minion and click on the wheel icon on top that said's "Option" there you can set it all up again.

euh, I'd think it might be better to first go to the users folder and then go to the documents map:

C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns (US)
    C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns (EU)
    C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\pts\AddOns (PTS)

You can directly copypaste it, %username% redirects to the user you are currently logged into.
    Edited by Lodan on September 2, 2015 5:05AM
    Server: EU
    Guild: Anrchy Alliance - Legends of the Benelux - Coffee Guild
    • Lodan-Max
    • Aldmeri Dominion | Bosmer | Nightblade | Werewolf
    • Godan-Max
    • Ebonheart Pact | Dunmer | Sorcerer | Vampire
    • Wodan-Max
    • Daggerfall Covenant | Altmer | Healer | Human
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    @DanniBoi

Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to help the problem.

Could it be an issue that my game is installed on my D:\ drive? And the Elder Scrolls Online map is on my C:\ drive?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    That might be an issue @Skiserony try out placing every add on folder that you will be downloading, in the same driver as your game is at.

And yeah @Lodan that is right, all though in my installation, I did it in that way as I write to @Skiserony that could be another possible option that you gave he could try out also.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on September 2, 2015 1:27PM
  • Lodan
    Lodan
    I checked another topic (this one)

You have to run the Command Prompt as Administrator (Rightclick, Run as Administrator) and enmter the following command
    mklink /d "G:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns" "N:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns"

Where "G" is the old drive and "N" is the new location.
    Edited by Lodan on September 2, 2015 2:40PM
    • Lodan-Max
    • Godan-Max
    • Wodan-Max
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    @Lodan @DanniBoi

Hey guys, thank you so much for the help. I did it with Steammover and it works like that. But I really appreciate your help :)
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Glad we could have been for some help non the less.

P.s. Enjoy @Skiserony
  • shell-d
    shell-d
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue but when I use the mklink command I get I don't have specific privilege to run it
  • Lodan
    Lodan
    shell-d wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue but when I use the mklink command I get I don't have specific privilege to run it

Hi Shell-d,

Make sure when you open Command prompt, you open it as an administrator.

This can be done by pressing the WinKey + X or right-clicking on the start-button and open Command Prompt (Administrator) as seen below (my system is in Dutch, so the wording differs slightly)
    a6ojcKu.png

If a parent or company owns your computer, you might need to fill in an administrators user credentials. If you own the computer yourself and your own user is the administrator, you might get a security screen and it will open instantly. :)
    • Lodan-Max
    • Godan-Max
    • Wodan-Max