The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crime system: The Guards need some adjustments.

Fizzlewizzle
Fizzlewizzle
✭✭✭✭
This might be a topic which has come to light many times before, but still i would like to talk about it.

The Guards, the people who patrol the cities to fend uf criminal scum, are much too powerful.
I get that, because they need to subdue (high level) players they need to have quite a bit of strength, but their health is just too much.
Depending on the areas you visit guards have health ranging from:
Starting city: 235.5K
Starting city Silver: 5084.5K
Starting city Gold: 6101.4K
Craglorn: 459.5K

I think that they should lower those HP values to be more inline with the Cyrodiil Guards:
PVP Temple Guards: 63K
PvP Mender: 36K
PvP Honor Guard 38K

If ZOS is scared that there will be a sudden rise of criminal activities, then they could just position NPC Menders within cities to support the Guards, as well as add more Guards to the cities (or even let guards walk in pairs).
Respawn rates of the guards (in case someone can kill them) should also be every small. 10-30 seconds max, to allow a small window in which you can flee.
Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't change much, since:

- Even if a guard's life is dropped to 0, he's still alive
    - Insta-OS skills in mass, one being a long-range crossbow bolt that goes thru walls, the other, Riot Control, destroys anyone around the guard.

I do agree that guards need major tweaking tho. It should prove a rather important challenge, but without being blatantly impossible to defeat.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This might be a topic which has come to light many times before, but still i would like to talk about it.

The Guards, the people who patrol the cities to fend uf criminal scum, are much too powerful.
    I get that, because they need to subdue (high level) players they need to have quite a bit of strength, but their health is just too much.
    Depending on the areas you visit guards have health ranging from:
    Starting city: 235.5K
    Starting city Silver: 5084.5K
    Starting city Gold: 6101.4K
    Craglorn: 459.5K

I think that they should lower those HP values to be more inline with the Cyrodiil Guards:
    PVP Temple Guards: 63K
    PvP Mender: 36K
    PvP Honor Guard 38K

If ZOS is scared that there will be a sudden rise of criminal activities, then they could just position NPC Menders within cities to support the Guards, as well as add more Guards to the cities (or even let guards walk in pairs).
    Respawn rates of the guards (in case someone can kill them) should also be every small. 10-30 seconds max, to allow a small window in which you can flee.

Whenever you see an agent in the Matrix, do what we do. Run!
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique