The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How Large is the Update?

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually very surprised that it is only 10 gb. I guess I get to play the content a lot sooner.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    The entire patch (the DLC game pack and the base-game patch) is 10GB. :)

:O WTH??? HOW???

even smal experimental Patches were arround 6 GB

Are you sure nothing has been forgotten?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ethoir wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Have the devs thought of a "pre-patch" system? The game would download the patch files it needs a short time in advance which will help shorten the length of time required to download the main bulk of the update.

I think a lot of the groundwork for the patch has been put into the previous "incremental patch" updates, which is why many of them were big, so I guess that's already being done in a way?
    The Moot Councillor
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Messy1 wrote: »
    You'll be fine. It's like 15 to 20gb
    Hmm I tried having the EU megaserver as well as US megaservers running damn shame they are not linked but the logistics of running players saves to and from both could have a major impact on playability and possibly introduce more bugs though.

Even if only a mail system between the two could exist that would be wonderful.

I guess I better do the EU update while the US server offline as it will take awhile.

I was using the EU megaserver to test some game play options before my main game on US, however the inability to mail
    between the EU and US is a feature that could be added and cause not much downtime as could be merged while game is running, or during a scheduled patch time.

Edit.
    By the way you can only use one at a time....
    Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on August 31, 2015 3:16PM
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McLargeHuge
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that big because, as I've said in countless other threads, we've been downloading parts of it for the last 6 months :)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Diamond_10
    Diamond_10
    ✭✭✭
    Cant we copy files from PTS into Live to have less to patch?