Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Equipment and Attributes

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm very, very close to VR14 and I was thinking if the choices I have made so far, slightly different from Deltia's Ignition Sorcerer build, is the right one.

My attributes follow Deltia's: 40 Magicka and 22 Health (soon) and because I don't have his/her items, I'm currently using 5/5 Night Mother's Gaze and 3/5 Willows' Path, all of them made of Silverweave. I tried as much as possible to replicate the traits used shown in Deltia's guide but there are a few things I think I can improve, after all I'll be doing the (final) replacement, including the "epic-fying" the items.

For example: For some reason my Breton sorcerer is stupidly weak against fire. That sometimes forces me to use high level food I'm always carrying against puny minions like Scamps or some Worm Cultists at Dark Anchors (specially those causing Fear). I can handle easily the world bosses and Public Dungeons by myself. OK, I die sometimes, but some enemies needs something more than just point and shoot and, until I figure this out, it's an obvious end.

In battle, I'm always with Inner Light, Bound Aegis and Unstable Clanfear active. This choice of "pet" is mainly because in the period of the day that I play I can't find a teammate to hang around. Against groups of enemies or bosses, I activate a Liquid Lightning and a second closer to me and then I walk around in circles (or close to circles) spamming my Force Pulse and Crystal Fragments when instant available.

If my Health drops too much, too quickly, I... un-summon? my Clanfear for recovering. If things are really bad, I use a potion.

And although this is working well so far (the best proof is I'm fighting VR12 enemies while using VR7 gear) sometimes my HP is drained very fast or I die quickly if I get stuck in a (badly positioned) rock/tree and have to walk around it. This without mention the irritant times I'm immobilized by ground thorns or "claws" (not sure the right name)

If anyone can share the knowledge with me, without using abbreviations I often don't understand, I woudl appreciate.

Also, kind of off-topic, someone told me that becoming a vampire is good, specially in Cyrodiil and that tomorrows' patch would ease things out a bit by dropping the fire weakness to "only" 25%. I'm not sure if that's true but what I really would like to know is if ESO Vampirism is like more Skyrim's Vampirism or more like Danwguard's, I mean, will people get mad if I walk around without feed? I don't have patience for that :p (at least not more that enough to progress the skill line)
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc are you using hardedned ward? , this is your 'defence' skill, gives you a shield, it should always be up.

Regarding the fire are you a vampire? vampires takes 40% more dmg from fire.

Also willows paths and night mothers gaze aren't the best sets for a magicka sorc.

Go craft yourself 5/5 magnus gift and 3x torug's pact, you'll get spell dmg, max magicka (which increases your shield) and magicka regen so you don't run out.

I'm not really sure how i feel about pets, i heard there good in pve but i've never really liked them. What weapons are you using? a desto + resto staff? If so drop the pet and use healing ward from the rest staff.

Keep your shield up, if your low on hp cast hardened ward then cast healing ward to heal.

You main dps would be medium weave attacking with force pulse or crushing shock, using frags when it procs as well.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc are you using hardedned ward? , this is your 'defence' skill, gives you a shield, it should always be up.
    Never tried it. Before even buy this game I searched a lot about gaming style and associated builds, preferably to play at distance because back in the BETA I tried a different class, the one with golden spears attack (not sure the name), and I was having serious difficulty with it, so I thought "playing as mage would be easier".
    Regarding the fire are you a vampire? vampires takes 40% more dmg from fire.
    No, I'm not vampire. At least, not yet. Does it worth? Is it "for real", with mad people noticing you're a vampire or more... "cosmetic"?
    I'm not really sure how i feel about pets, i heard there good in pve but i've never really liked them. What weapons are you using? a desto + resto staff? If so drop the pet and use healing ward from the rest staff.
    Currently I'm using actively a Destruction Lightning Staff. I picked Lightning because it seems to have faster attacks than fire/frost. It took me a while to get used to weapon swapping, but I finally managed to, but only for the abilities so far. The result is my Healing Satff skill is very, very low.
    You main dps would be medium weave attacking with force pulse or crushing shock, using frags when it procs as well.
    I don't understand what you said here. Sorry, I'm kind of slow with those terms and abbreviations.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey magnus,

see Deltia's video regarding attack weaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0O9zjMDN4
    This will help you understand that many people do this to make the most of the damage in the short amount of time. You cannot do this with lightning or healing staff (they channel attacks).
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Hey magnus,

see Deltia's video regarding attack weaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0O9zjMDN4
    This will help you understand that many people do this to make the most of the damage in the short amount of time. You cannot do this with lightning or healing staff (they channel attacks).

isnt this changing in next patch?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use hardened ward (daedric summoning tree) + harness magicka (light armor tree) + healing ward (resto staff tree) and you'll be nearly invincible.

I would try to get 4x Healers (3x jewelry + 1x light armor), 4x Magnus (crafted set) and 3x Torugs Pact (crafted set). This is a decent setup for magicka sorcs, your damage and sustain will be good enough to solo most pve content.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was reading with more attention the Bonus Sets descriptions and upgraded to Legendary 3x Torug Pact provides 179 Spell Damage so I was thinking if this makes that much of difference in terms of fire power because if not, 3x of The Arena would provide even more Magicka?

And about the Healers' Habit items, I think I would stay with Deltia's recommendation and use Cyrodiil's Light. Although expensive as I've heard, two of them would be very nice additions compared to the former. So...:

Weapon, Hat, Robes, Gloves: Magnus' Gift
    Shoulders, Breeches and Shoes: The Arena
    Rings: Cyrodiil's Light
    Amulet and Sash: Adroitness

Sounds like a good idea, too bad I can't see it in action without crafting and upgrading them.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was reading with more attention the Bonus Sets descriptions and upgraded to Legendary 3x Torug Pact provides 179 Spell Damage so I was thinking if this makes that much of difference in terms of fire power because if not, 3x of The Arena would provide even more Magicka?

And about the Healers' Habit items, I think I would stay with Deltia's recommendation and use Cyrodiil's Light. Although expensive as I've heard, two of them would be very nice additions compared to the former. So...:

Weapon, Hat, Robes, Gloves: Magnus' Gift
    Shoulders, Breeches and Shoes: The Arena
    Rings: Cyrodiil's Light
    Amulet and Sash: Adroitness

Sounds like a good idea, too bad I can't see it in action without crafting and upgrading them.

Same setup on my dk firemage, kinda universal setup for mages
    Edited by Mojmir on August 31, 2015 7:48PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I really figured something useful... yay! :p
    Edited by magnusthorek on August 31, 2015 10:38PM