Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Nobody posts on here to be their character (well mostly)

Rioghnan
Rioghnan
✭✭✭
I think we should all post on here as our characters and have some nice conversations. :) I tried but mostly people don't respond. I can't tell if it's just they don't like me or they only want to tell their origin story and then not do it anymore. I don't want to butt in on some of the other people writing back and forth because some of it is very serious and if I say something funny they are going to be like mmmmm alrighty then and ignore it. It's the same as Rioghnan in the game, he gets ignored a lot, lol.
You die first!
  • Yumbreon
    Yumbreon
    Perhaps many are not familiar with how to role play on forums? Or in game for that matter. I for one would love to rp in game but I'm on ps4 and I'm not too sure how that would play out. But if you really want to rp then you can try to make a dedicated thread with a setting and plot and all the regular bits that go with it.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi would, but he is not always feeling up to it. Now if there were a steady supply of sweetrolls involved...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always ready to roleplay. So much that I'm 10% sure that IRL my voice has been getting more feminine for some reason (mind you I'm a bass). Regardless, I check the forums on here a few times a day, and tend to respond to my notifications as soon as I can.

Anyways...Sola just needs something to respond to.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    @Totalitarian I noticed you do a lot of that, I just figured Sola would find Rioghnan annoying if he suddenly started butting in all over the place. Maybe I can post a topic that's just everybody make random conversation as your character or something? I will do it, and see if anyone talks. I can always talk to myself I guess... lol.
    You die first!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to do that.

-my character.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rioghnan I'll talk. I generally don't run out of ideas in writing, and Sola is by far one of the top characters I have made (and I've created a lot, and not even in ESO, mostly my own personal writing). So if you do it, I promise I'll respond.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    @Shunravi Maybe I can steal some sweetrolls for you. I stole a loaf of bread yesterday and didn't get caught!
    You die first!
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    @Totalitarian Me too, I have a whole list of OC's for my regular fiction as well as fanfics. I'm sort of a compulsive character and story inventor. Rioghnan happens to be the foremost right now but there are several others. I will definitely post some Rioghnan randomness then!
    You die first!
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it doesn't have anything to do with scrib jelly I am up for anything talking about anything.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, Zoic is much like Rioghnan in the sense he is also ignored a lot. Btw I guess I'll start it. Lol

Hey, I'm Zoic.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rioghnan wrote: »
    I think we should all post on here as our characters and have some nice conversations. :) I tried but mostly people don't respond. I can't tell if it's just they don't like me or they only want to tell their origin story and then not do it anymore. I don't want to butt in on some of the other people writing back and forth because some of it is very serious and if I say something funny they are going to be like mmmmm alrighty then and ignore it. It's the same as Rioghnan in the game, he gets ignored a lot, lol.

I have made attempts but it usually ends with me getting flamed because the internet sucks and is a haven for trolls and rude people now days.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    "This one heard talk of sweetrolls?"
    Zarum looks around from his on-going and quite extravagant adventuring upon hearing such things.

"Who is it that brought the sweetrolls? Are they for trade? This Khajiit has many wares for trade and may just be willing to part with some for the right roll. Zarum thinks he would offer even more for other .... Khajiit treats."
    Zarum immedietly starts to dig through his packs for knickknacks to use as currency in trade for the now promised sweetrolls and the other Khajiit treats he is now pretty sure he heard about...
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings, Zoic! And Ki'rah, and Zarum! :smiley:
    Edited by Rioghnan on September 2, 2015 1:54AM
    You die first!
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    Zoic, getting a chuckle from Zarum ravaging through his belongings, pulls out a few ingredients from his satchel.

"How about we all find a place and make our own sweetrolls, what do you say?"
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    One would be rather surprised with the swiftness at which Zarum dropped everything he was doing, and how wide his eyes got for a brief moment in anticipation.
    "Make.... Sweetrolls? This one is truly humbled by being in the presence such a pastry master!"
    Zarum applauded while continuing to praise the skills of pastry, clearly not trying to swindle any free sweetrolls or anything like that. Zarum is a good Khajjit....
    Edited by Frozstee on September 2, 2015 4:11PM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the issues of lesser beings astounds me. how can one place have so many problems.... maybe they need more altmer running the show.
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    Zoic ignoring what was said, put the ingredients back in the satchel.

"Don't worry about payment or trading when I'm finished making them. The ingredients can be easy to get if you're persuasive enough. Plus, it is nice to have the company and traveling alone can have its downfalls. But now, we need a place to mix the ingredients and cook them."
    Edited by Zoikos on September 2, 2015 8:03PM
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    "Zarum is always quite persuasive, such is a gift of the Khajiit! Even the haughty Altmer can not say no to this ones charm if he so wishes to. Though... Zarum prefers to be persuasive with his claws rather than his luxurious fur."
    The Khajiit smirked, preening his claws a moment while looking towards some high elves. His tail flicked a few times and nodding happily back to Zoic and the thought of soon to be made Sweetrolls!
    "Yes yes! Please lead on, this one follows."

((I love how this thread turned into a RP story, mainly in spite of @Rioghnan, which I feel is quite awesome. Now we just need Rioghan to awkwardly break into the conversation with like a beheaded troll or something "Hey guys check this out!".))
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    I get a sweetroll too since I put the post up.
    You die first!
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I've been role playing wrong in the past. I am actually wondering this. Any roleplaying I've ever done is not in the form of a story, i.e., "Rioghnan looked down at their hands. Nilsie's looked so tiny and dark compared to his," etc. It's more like you just talk, as if you're your character. That's why I'm thrown off of the RP stuff I see here; it's mostly told in story form. I do write. I have a Rioghnan biography that's 12 chapters long. But I don't feel like it's a role play. I feel like it's his biography.
    Edited by Rioghnan on September 7, 2015 1:30AM
    You die first!
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    The biography is the background information of your character or of a person fake or real. When role-playing in general, you play as the character. As if you are them yourself and stuck in their body and situations. This is based off the info I get and the info of friends.
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with you @Zoikos.
    I like to write stories about my character as well as I have an entire thread about random stories I make up, or have been working on for a while. Though like in this thread it's pretty easy to see where it is "I" that is talking or if I throw out some italics and Khajiit speech then it's a pretty dead give away that it's Zarum talking and not myself.

Still finding it harder to translate great RP onto a console platform, as most the RPers would rather text based communication. Mainly because most players voices do not capture what they feel their character would truly sound like. Luckily for me I've been getting decent speaking in Khajiit...... this one thinks it may be a problem.
    Edited by Frozstee on September 7, 2015 1:58PM
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    Ya I have noticed the same Frozstee. Just look at the forums, beck people hardly to here. I have been waiting for someone to also join in the Rp, but instead it is just Frozstee and I. Nothing is wrong with that, but having more people opens up a larger story. Oh Frozstee, just informing you, my one contoller is temporally broken so that is the reason I haven't been online. Also playing as a human like an Imperial is not that difficult and I think your Khajiits isn't too bad.

Going back to rp stuff, even though it is strong on the pc due to the chat and like you said Frozstee. Some people can't always capture the emotion needed for the circumstances. In a sense we would have to become actors. Also don't forget to mention the Rp community is spread too thin due to alliance, platform, and server. Sucks because a few rps that have caught my fancy are on another one of the 3 mentioned... It sucks...
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-rp'ers are mostly interested in writing and talking about their own characters. They want to share it's biography and history to some sort of audience and get feed back (while also showing of lore knowledge).

They are how ever not very interesting in hearing about other players character biography. Because it's fantasy creations, they cant integrate with or relate to. So all you get on forums or in-game is this dull one-way communication, with people having endless sleepy monologues about their own creations and themselves.

I mean, I'm not a roleplayer myself, so hearing someone talk about their characters childhood, is sorta tedious.

Roleplayers on the other hand have genuine interest in fellow characters biography and origin, since it opens up for potential events, dialogue and rp. But when the guys they're typing with or talking to aren't real roleplayers, it's not working out so well.
  • Yumbreon
    Yumbreon
    The generally accepted format for roleplaying is third-person, past tense. That way you can explain your characters actions along with dialog, giving a more detailed view of things. Just saying "Hello fellow traveller!" gives me no mental image of who your character is, what they're doing, or where they are. I guess you can call it story format as well; you are creating a story with fellow roleplayers but only creating your characters part in it, if that makes sense. Theres also a bunch of different rules to make the game fair, like no godmodding, powerplaying, etc.
    Edited by Yumbreon on September 7, 2015 6:10PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi was beyond frustrated. The scamp who had taken his pack was more elusive than he had anticipated. Even for a skilled tracker like him. As he sniffed the air for the distinct smells of the alchemical ingredients he had been collecting, he caught the scent of something else. Something sweeter. Moonsugar being turned into a glaze. He decided to let the scamp go as he started to follow this new trail.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -puts on a banana suit and runs around-

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheSkaBoss661
    I think many are self conscious, and or afraid of reprise for their creativity. It is sad, but many are not encouraged to be creative or express themselves.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mostly the Khajiit I see rp on here.. though, when you think about it, it's a little easier for them to do (ie: "This one", "he/she thinks"). Other races don't really have a particular way of speaking. I guess if you see someone saying fortuitous a lot, you can probably surmise it's a Redguard, or King Fahara'jad himself
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It's mostly the Khajiit I see rp on here.. though, when you think about it, it's a little easier for them to do (ie: "This one", "he/she thinks"). Other races don't really have a particular way of speaking. I guess if you see someone saying fortuitous a lot, you can probably surmise it's a Redguard, or King Fahara'jad himself

Yeah, it's definitely easiest to RP as a Khajiit. I generally prefer the Elves though.