The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Up to 300% Damage Against Wounded Enemies Please Explain

XT4xm4nX
XT4xm4nX
✭✭✭
Hi I play quite a bit of ESO and thoroughly enjoy putting together my own builds. I play on Xbox though so it is difficult to test out my theories with no DPS meter or even damage feedback information of any kind. I basically rely on tooltips, math & application. Problem here is I have absolutely no real evidence of what wounded refers to. I am assuming it means bleeding and not low health considering that other tool tips refer directly to "low health targets". The second problem is it states "up to" 300% additional damage. What calculation is used to decide what percentage "up to" is referring to? Is it a random % between 1 & 300 or perhaps random % between 2 other numbers or is it always the full 300% or could it possibly be based on severity of the bleed and if it is the severity of the bleed what constitutes said severity? Someone with access to damage outputs possibly on PC please help me the whole situation has me very frustrated. Thank you in advance.
  • XT4xm4nX
    XT4xm4nX
    ✭✭✭
    Someone from PC explained to me that wounded means damaged enemies and what amount of health they have is what determines the amount of bonus damage. This bring me to another question what % of their health yields what % bonus damage if anyone has that answer I thank you in advance.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think "wounded enemy" mean <50% heal and "low health enemy" is <25%. And the lower heal of the enemy, the more damage they take from that skill, up to 300% of the base damage on tooltip.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Basically the less health they have the more damage they take. What I have found thru using it is that it comes into effect roughly around 35% health. Tho for me it's hard to tell as the morph does another 40% based on how much magika I have left
  • XT4xm4nX
    XT4xm4nX
    ✭✭✭
    I'm talking about executioner in the 2H tree specifically which also creates 18% extra damage to low health enemies so I am trying to figure which abilities to use @ what health %s between Wrecking Blow , Executioner & Killers Blade with only 1 point in thamaturge.
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    It's a finisher, it's in almost every MMO to date.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    XT4xm4nX wrote: »
    Hi I play quite a bit of ESO and thoroughly enjoy putting together my own builds. I play on Xbox though so it is difficult to test out my theories with no DPS meter or even damage feedback information of any kind. I basically rely on tooltips, math & application. Problem here is I have absolutely no real evidence of what wounded refers to. I am assuming it means bleeding and not low health considering that other tool tips refer directly to "low health targets". The second problem is it states "up to" 300% additional damage. What calculation is used to decide what percentage "up to" is referring to? Is it a random % between 1 & 300 or perhaps random % between 2 other numbers or is it always the full 300% or could it possibly be based on severity of the bleed and if it is the severity of the bleed what constitutes said severity? Someone with access to damage outputs possibly on PC please help me the whole situation has me very frustrated. Thank you in advance.

I play TESO since beta. I am sorry for you but as many other abilities and tooltips, it is (sadly for us, players) not explicit. I just hate it as much as you do.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XT4xm4nX wrote: »
    I'm talking about executioner in the 2H tree specifically which also creates 18% extra damage to low health enemies so I am trying to figure which abilities to use @ what health %s between Wrecking Blow , Executioner & Killers Blade with only 1 point in thamaturge.

Executioner is about 30% if i remember right, could be 25% though
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 types of finishers
    1) skills like assassin's blade. When target is under 25% health skill deals 300% dmg
    2) skills like reverse slash. When target is under 50% skill starts to encrease it's damage the more target looses it's health upto 300%
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/TeC8glE-FIo

Killers Blade does 300% bonus damage when the target is below 25% health. This means if they are at 30% it does not do additional damage and hits relatively weak.

Executioner begins to scale at <50% health. So if you hit them at 30% it hits harder than Killer's Blade. However it does not provide a heal on the enemies death.

I have gone between both and they are both good. I typically used KB in PVE when we are taking on alot of lower health mobs. The heal provided is nice when you are taking down alot of enemies (Combine it with Mark Target and you can stay around 100% health just cutting through mobs). Executioner may be the superior skill for PVP though because as long as they are under 50% it will do decent damage. Also if you are using wrecking blow, executioner will boost WB's damage 18% against low health (I believe 25%) enemies essentially making WB a finisher in itself.

I'd say that its hard to argue that KB just "feels" better though. Something about the sound and animation and how fast it hits just seems bad-*** IMO.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer's Blade looks pretty sweet but I prefer the pirouette of Executioner. I like to Binding Javelin to Crit charge, heavy attack to Executioner for PVE. Looks like a brutal combo and is satisfying.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't confuse "bleeding" with "wounded".