Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I disband my guild and will I be able to create a new one afterwards?

The_Smilemeister
The_Smilemeister
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking about dissolving my guild since it hasn't got off the ground as I had hoped. I've been looking up online how to do so, but I'm confused since people are suggesting two methods of doing so. Some people are saying that the Guildmaster (providing he's the last member) has to leave and the guild will dissolve automatically whilst others are saying the Guildmaster can't be the last one to leave and another guild member has to leave in order to dissolve the guild. My first question is which of the two is correct and what steps do I need to take to properly disband the the guild? The second question is will I be able to establish a new guild with a different focus afterwards? Thanks for the help.

I'm on PS4 in case people are wondering.
Edited by The_Smilemeister on August 29, 2015 3:13PM

Best Answer

• Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I know now. The Guildmaster must remove all members before the guild can be disbanded, but it does mean that anyone can use your former guild's name for their own. You can also establish a new guild afterwards too.

Yes, anyone can use your guild name even while it is active.
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
    Answer ✓
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I know now. The Guildmaster must remove all members before the guild can be disbanded, but it does mean that anyone can use your former guild's name for their own. You can also establish a new guild afterwards too.
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeppers. I have a little guild, man I tell you what....the stuff I see other guilds do, I sometimes wonder where the guildmasters find time to enjoy the game :/
    I pretty much made a friend the officer so I have time to play instead of trying to run an in game business.
    The only thing I find helpful about it at all is the extra dump space to clear my inventory.
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've setup a court in my new guild to keep things running smoothly without me. By the way if anyone is interested, my new guild is called Necrosis Vampyrum Order. It's a Vampire only elitist guild based on Vampire Supremacy (Basically the vampire equivalent to the Elven Thalmor).
    Edited by The_Smilemeister on August 29, 2015 11:37PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about dissolving my guild since it hasn't got off the ground as I had hoped.
    I think i may have found your problem ...
    biggrin.gif

It's a Vampire only elitist guild based on Vampire Supremacy (Basically the vampire equivalent to the Elven Thalmor).

Edited by SirAndy on August 30, 2015 1:26AM
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I'm thinking about dissolving my guild since it hasn't got off the ground as I had hoped.
    I think i may have found your problem ...
    biggrin.gif

It's a Vampire only elitist guild based on Vampire Supremacy (Basically the vampire equivalent to the Elven Thalmor).
    This Vampire guild is actually the new one. It's gain over 50 members in under 24 hours and has already claimed resources in Cyrodiil.