Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR set gear while leveling.

Jcamps30
Jcamps30
Hey. I'm 2months old at this game and finally started to craft gear on my VR3 sorc. I made 3 pieces of the "Seducer set" (Helm, staff, chest) and was wondering if it's worth making the full set while leveling?. Is it worth it or would I replace it with quest gear?. It's VR3 level.

Also, what would be the ideal set for a Ranged/Magic, Destro DPS PVE build? Are 5 gear sets worth it or would a 3 piece plus another 2 of a different set be better?
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    5 piece seducer is certainly worth it, even as a more serious gear set,

ranged/mage dps build should never occur for serious dps... as splitting up your stam/magicka pools between the 2 instead of one will serious reduce your maximum DPS, (max hits are determined in part by size of your stamina/magicka pool)

use something like 5 seducer 3 torags, 3 syrabane or something as you level, (syrabane is necklace/ring slots) or other combos that you try experiment with etc.

could also look into maybe running 4 piece magnus instead of the torags (would require using DW though)
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been crafting my 8 piece Seducer set since level 30. Everytime I new cloth level comes up like Cotton until level 36 then Spiderthread, then I craft a new set.

i think it really helps my Mage.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    there is no benefit from 8 piece seducer over 5 piece... you are better off going and getting another set bonus, you will get extra magicka/spell damage/recovery as a result of using more than 1 set
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no benefit from 8 piece seducer over 5 piece...

Is it my Breton skill that gives me extra Magic regen for every piece of light Armor that I wear? Or am I misunderstanding that? Or is it reduced spell cost?
    PS4NA

• Jcamps30
    Jcamps30
    DIdn't even know there way 8 pieces, assume it was only 5 since that's what the description of the set has.

I'll just use 5 pieces of Seducer and rest I'll just grab for leveling or hope that Warlock set drops. Heard it's good.

• Blackheart0129
    There is indeed no benefit from wearing 8x piecea of any set since the bonus only goes to 5. Wearing light armor also increase you Magika recovery through your light armor passives. Your better off wearing another set that you can get bonus from.

Now back on topic:

I've been crafting and wearing set gear since level 10. They are better than any gear you can get from drops. You dont have to craft a new set every level. A blue set gear is actually good for multiple levels and they will still be better.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light Armor Bonus "Increase magicka recovery by 4% per piece of light armor equipped."

My current bonus is 28%. 4X7=28
    PS4NA

• Jcamps30
    Jcamps30
    Off-topic;
    I'm on my level 40 NB, worth making a blue set for her?. I'm DW/Bow. Which 5 piece set should I go for? I'm pretty squishy as of now :(

I don't have many traits for higher stuff
    Edited by Jcamps30 on August 28, 2015 7:32PM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Light Armor Bonus "Increase magicka recovery by 4% per piece of light armor equipped."

My current bonus is 28%. 4X7=28

What he's saying is that the crafted set bonuses max out at 5 pieces. So an 8 piece seducer is no better than a5 piece seducer. Instead of wearing the extra useless seducer you cam craft light armor from a different set. I'm using 5 piece seducer and 3 torug's (with two staves. ) I still get all the light armor bonuses but also get the torug's bonuses.