The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feature Request - Turn off targeting for small creatures

CaliberSH
CaliberSH
Have you ever been charging into battle, or targeting an enemy, only to fire off a skill or spell and hit some stupid rat or centipede walking just inside the range of your target?

I have. It's annoying. Can we get the option to turn off targeting for these small creatures?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love dropping a meteor on a rat...
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and the annoying engine guardian dwemer when your in pvp, always...in...the...way!!!
  • CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I love dropping a meteor on a rat...

My favorite is when I run into range to do a Take Flight and go two centimeters in front of me to nuke a rat.

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things I hated during a festivity in the Rift:
    Fight 4 brawlers while being surrounded by neutral people (white outline).
    Accidently attacked someone else and it's a bounty for me!
    (good thing I needed to log out anyway. Time solved bounty for free <3 )

So yeah, an option to disable "friendly fire" would be nice. You'd have to turn it on again when you want some bait or rob / kill a guy, but it has my vote.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    One of the things I hated during a festivity in the Rift:
    Fight 4 brawlers while being surrounded by neutral people (white outline).
    Accidently attacked someone else and it's a bounty for me!
    (good thing I needed to log out anyway. Time solved bounty for free <3 )

So yeah, an option to disable "friendly fire" would be nice. You'd have to turn it on again when you want some bait or rob / kill a guy, but it has my vote.

theres an option to not attack innocents in the settings
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Can you tell me where when the server's back on?

• CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Can you tell me where when the server's back on?

It's in Settings/Options, just scroll down (like where it says enable health bars and highlight targets). Should just be menu button and scroll to Options (the gear icon). It says "Prevent Attacking Innocents".

This is more in regards to small critters that get in the way and get targeted, causing people to miss!
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    I agree, this setting should be in the game. I hate when I get a crystal frag proc and I end up using it on a stupid frog
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the guts for fishing. You eliminate fishing in Lake water with your proposal.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 28, 2015 4:34PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    Darlgon wrote: »
    I like the guts for fishing. You eliminate fishing in Lake water with your proposal.

I believe I said option, but if I did not, let me elaborate. I want the OPTION to turn off targeting for small creatures. Just like there's an OPTION to prevent attacking innocents. :>

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better option, please just fix targeting.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be awesome in PvP when there were deer in cyrodiil.

Used to be able to take cover in a herd of deer, and also use them for healing with the 9% regen all stats on death on the soul magic dot
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Used to be awesome in PvP when there were deer in cyrodiil.

Used to be able to take cover in a herd of deer, and also use them for healing with the 9% regen all stats on death on the soul magic dot

^^^^
    The dude who REALLY got rid of all the deer in Cyrodiil.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.