The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SERVER CRASH AGAIN?!

• inkton
    inkton
    Got lag spikes over 7k - didn't crash. Ping is now 99 but no chat, skill lag, .... Just dead.

Did my group of 100 sorcs all drop their meteors? Told you we could crash the server :-)

and lol Caesar. its either sorcs and their meteors or DK's and tons of banners in PvP zergs
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'll give up
    Opeline wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Well, while we have your "attention", let us take a moment to ask you for more character slots. <3 Much love!!!

Gtfo with that **** right now.

And yes, berating you for such a self-serving, foolish request in a thread about all megaservers being down is well worth the banhammer.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lemonyfr3sh
    Sun spots, man.
  • Bronx_B0rn
    Bronx_B0rn
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting to old for this s**t!! :#:'(
  • Meary
    Meary
    ✭✭
    Launcher can't even get Realm status now (PC/NA server). Seems to time out after a long 'Loading...'
    Edited by Meary on August 28, 2015 3:34AM
  • Bushwacker0420
    Bushwacker0420
    Soul Shriven
    Now when I try and log in it is unable to retrieve announcements. Then login failed connection to server timed out. But it definitely failed much faster that time.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dose not sound good at all.
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath must be up to no good
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best thing about these issues is that not one player gets compensated for this issue. Issues like these on MMOs like PSO2, they would shower you in compensation. .

Yeah, but PSO2 announced a Western release and then.... never said another word about it. So apparently we only can get compensated if we can read moonrunes.

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    inkton wrote: »
    No news yet, just making phone calls. Continue to stand by...

You better give us our damn elevator music while were holding!

https://youtu.be/S5PvBzDlZGs

Bahaha, this made this slightly more worth it. Way to call his bluff.

It wasn't a bluff but it was well-played. Didn't see it coming.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, got our guys looking into everything now. We may spin up an official thread to sticky at the top when we have a bit more info, but it appears like this may be a factor: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3ineir/do_people_really_not_know_that_the_us_is_in_the/

Just bumping this
    Edited by Inactive Account on August 28, 2015 3:36AM
  • MrPoolaty
    MrPoolaty
    ✭✭
    Ps4 na
    Can't load the announcements even
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    inkton wrote: »
    Got lag spikes over 7k - didn't crash. Ping is now 99 but no chat, skill lag, .... Just dead.

Did my group of 100 sorcs all drop their meteors? Told you we could crash the server :-)

and lol Caesar. its either sorcs and their meteors or DK's and tons of banners in PvP zergs

As a DK I can tell you that the few that still use banners are a dying breed...
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, got our guys looking into everything now. We may spin up an official thread to sticky at the top when we have a bit more info, but it appears like this may be a factor: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3ineir/do_people_really_not_know_that_the_us_is_in_the/

Just reuping this

Thanks! :) The more we dig in, the more it seems like this is the main culprit. We're continuing to monitor, but we're basically just in a holding pattern until this gets cleared up on a larger scale.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koviko
    Koviko
    Soul Shriven

Living in my little bubble, as long as my Internet is working, the world's Internet is perfoming decently enough.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we just get ROFLstomp hacked?

:o
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow and I was just telling my sweetie that I thought lag was bad this week with no Monday Maintenance...
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • BigpapaDragon187
    Damn Mogwai.
    Big Papa Dragon
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this, Gina!
    I don't know all that much about several internet providers etc. going down, especially all at the same time, but somehow it starts to worry me now...
    I'm in Germany, everything seems to work here.. yet.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey GinaBruno as long as we are waiting any chance on some questions getting answered? I am sure millions of questions are at the ready but for now I just want to know this:

Is Jewelry Crafting coming in the near future?
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭

Just reuping this

Thanks! :) The more we dig in, the more it seems like this is the main culprit. We're continuing to monitor, but we're basically just in a holding pattern until this gets cleared up on a larger scale.

And you yanks were blaming Canada earlier. Tsk tsk.
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering what was so special today why so few guild mates online that I couldn't find someone in reaper's march to port to.
  • talon_vib14_ESO
    talon_vib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be able to lvl my mount stats...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • syandell17
    I don't get if it were the internet server then why is everything else working but eso? Why isn't all my internet down?
    Templars = the bestest
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saddiq wrote: »

Just reuping this

And you yanks were blaming Canada earlier. Tsk tsk.

Blame South Park for blaming Canada.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just reuping this

I found this in the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3ineir/do_people_really_not_know_that_the_us_is_in_the/

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07 Serial Number: 56 Issue Time: 2015 Aug 28 0009 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected Valid From: 2015 Aug 28 0008 UTC Valid To: 2015 Aug 28 0700 UTC Warning Condition: Onset NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 50 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude. Induced Currents - Power system voltage irregularities possible, false alarms may be triggered on some protection devices. Spacecraft - Systems may experience surface charging; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites and orientation problems may occur. Navigation - Intermittent satellite navigation (GPS) problems, including loss-of-lock and increased range error may occur. Radio - HF (high frequency) radio may be intermittent. Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as Pennsylvania to Iowa to Oregon.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    So China is crashing the servers then? Makes sense.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe now would be a good time for me to get a life? ;)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    syandell17 wrote: »
    I don't get if it were the internet server then why is everything else working but eso? Why isn't all my internet down?

Because it depends on where your internet service is actually based. If it isn't in any of the outage areas you are fine.
  • BlueGreenMikey
    Is ZOS stuck only behind an ATT connection, though? I mean, I'm on Comcast, and everything but ESO is working for me. Switched over to Netflix now. And the Reddit thread started like 5 hours ago, but ESO only went down 30 minutes ago.