Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Whats that floating ball of light I have on my character?

AtmaDarkwolf
AtmaDarkwolf
✭✭✭
I've removed all my gear, switched my mundus stone effect, waited till all food expired, have no buffs except lycanthopy, keep bonus(pvp) and soul siphoner (nightblade siphon passive) - is that giving me this weird(and annoying) effect?

I've tried re logging with all the equipment and buffs gone yet the ball persists. It 'appeared' earlier and I have never seen it before(had no special new skills either since it just appeared)
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Light from the Mages Guild has a floating orb. Could that be it?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tessie wrote: »
    Inner Light from the Mages Guild has a floating orb. Could that be it?
    You'd think he would know if that was up or not. Might be quest related.

OP, post a screen shot.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like mage light to me
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some quests that give a ball of light around you. Maybe share the questlist?? Also because knowing active quests can determine if you have done a quest that bugged on you recently.
    Edited by Ranique on August 27, 2015 10:44PM
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Can you show a pic of your second bar? This def looks like inner light aka disco ball
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have mage/inner light. I DID have it but found it annoying how it took up 2 hotbar slots AND constantly shut itself off, so I didn't bother specing it at all this time around lol.

It just appeared this morning. I respec'ed 2 days ago. And not 100% certain, but it don't appear the same as the magelight effect (Again i could be wrong, but.. it appeared today and i don't even have magelight unlocked)
    Edited by AtmaDarkwolf on August 27, 2015 10:55PM
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be from your equipment. I know Sanctuary set has a visual effects when your wearing the full five pieces. Maybe try equipping and removing individual pieces of any set gear you might be wearing to see if that's what's causing it?

No wait that wouldn't make sense if it's still popping up when your nude. Nevermind.
    Edited by Fruitmass on August 28, 2015 1:50AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    yup... lol: Nekid, and no skill that would explain.

Only thing I can think of, although why its popping up after so long AFTER I removed it, is that it IS magelight. (IE reverse of bug where magelight 'affects' you even though its visual effect is not showing?)

And sanctuary is an annoying set :P that SOUND effect, how the heck can anyone handle that for longer than a few minutes?
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    YAY: it went away when I leveled, and I think it was related to the 'spinner story' (I forgot which exactly, but you had to 're-tell' the story of the green lady and the hound)

Was quest 'effect' that had a stupid ball floating around you, and I simply did not remember when i got it lol
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    There are some quests that give a ball of light around you. Maybe share the questlist?? Also because knowing active quests can determine if you have done a quest that bugged on you recently.

Sometimes even more than one :smile:

Balls%20of%20Light%20Coldharbour_zpsgv04b1pe.png

Regardless, glad you got it sorted out, @AtmaDarkwolf !

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

Wow your character can be lighting for a heavy metal group :P
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a Coldharbour quest.....they go away when you finish the quest.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    STD.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    O.O i wasn't in coldharbor lol

It was one of them silly/insane bosner/green lady *** 'green pact' BS questlines. *ya know where everyone involved is mad as a hatter, is some type of cannibal, and/or is in 'trouble' for daring to hurt an apple or something)
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

which quest was this that u got these lights?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »

which quest was this that u got these lights?

That quest is in Coldharbour and involves rescuing Vanus Galerion. Also, this thread is over a year old. It didn't need necroing.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro. :tired_face:
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    wow... how the heck did THIS thread get pulled back up? ROFL!