The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dwemer Scrap

ChibiMechaX78
ChibiMechaX78
✭✭
I understand that dwemer scrap is expectantly rare, but is it too rare? For me it feels that way, and after getting the dwemer motifs this kinda disheartens me. Even when I delve into a dwemer ruin they don't seem to drop often. I usually don't even get one.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for me. I have like 12 Dwemer frames and I must have run Dwemer delves less than 50 times.

So that's more than 2 scrap per run on average. Probably get a motif every other run. Found 2 daedric and an ancient elf in ones in cadwell's gold too. Guess I have good rng in those places
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 27, 2015 1:12PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you do them within 5 levels (if not vet) at enemies drop them too sometimes.

Also, there is a cooldown of an hour I believe in Dwemer delves. Everything will just be empty if you run two in a row.
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 27, 2015 1:13PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that dwemer scrap is expectantly rare, but is it too rare? For me it feels that way, and after getting the dwemer motifs this kinda disheartens me. Even when I delve into a dwemer ruin they don't seem to drop often. I usually don't even get one.

Are you checking the containers? Or just the mobs? Mob drop rates are in the 1:100 range, but RNG can adjust that up or down. However they dramatically increased the number of containers in the ruins and those also have Scraps in them.

Note, with Ruins, or pretty much most places you will loot, you get the best drop mix in containers when you first log in at the first ruin you go to. Subsequent ruins or relogs seems to reduce the good stuff that you can get from the containers. After 30 minutes or so, you get the good mix again.

Now, this is not to say that you won't get any scraps if you go from Dwemer Ruin to Dwemer Ruin, you just won't get as many in the second ruin as the first. Of course, RNG can change this up too.

RNG is Random Number Generator and it is a major factor in what you do get as loot in the game from any source.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Are you checking the containers? Or just the mobs? Mob drop rates are in the 1:100 range, but RNG can adjust that up or down. However they dramatically increased the number of containers in the ruins and those also have Scraps in them.

Note, with Ruins, or pretty much most places you will loot, you get the best drop mix in containers when you first log in at the first ruin you go to. Subsequent ruins or relogs seems to reduce the good stuff that you can get from the containers. After 30 minutes or so, you get the good mix again.

Now, this is not to say that you won't get any scraps if you go from Dwemer Ruin to Dwemer Ruin, you just won't get as many in the second ruin as the first. Of course, RNG can change this up too.

RNG is Random Number Generator and it is a major factor in what you do get as loot in the game from any source.

A lot of sources say it's a one hour cooldown with Dwemer delves.

Once you leave your first, every other one will be completely empty for an hour.

I've tried it out a few times and delve two is always completely empty.
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 27, 2015 2:59PM
  • ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭

I do check some of the containers, but admittedly I don't check EVERY single one. I am sure that would up my odds, but I mean I would like to spend my time doing other things other then digging through every container you know? Mobs have given me a handful.

It may be because I am doing them a little out of range maybe, but now I am a vet 3. Perhaps I should just try actively delving rather just passing through when I discover it or do a quest. Farming for dwemer scrap though seems like one of the more tedious parts of this game. Oh well. I'll give it a better go when I get the chance. See how my luck favors when I take the time. Surely it will be better
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i see the most scraps from when im just 1 or 2 levels below the level of the dwemer cave.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I do check some of the containers, but admittedly I don't check EVERY single one. I am sure that would up my odds, but I mean I would like to spend my time doing other things other then digging through every container you know? Mobs have given me a handful.

It may be because I am doing them a little out of range maybe, but now I am a vet 3. Perhaps I should just try actively delving rather just passing through when I discover it or do a quest. Farming for dwemer scrap though seems like one of the more tedious parts of this game. Oh well. I'll give it a better go when I get the chance. See how my luck favors when I take the time. Surely it will be better

Well that's where you're going wrong. Check every pot/jug/urn you can.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Once you leave your first, every other one will be completely empty for an hour.

It has been a while since I have gone from Dwemer to Dwemer on Farming runs, but I don't recall the containers being completely empty when I visited a ruin in another zone. It could have been 30 or more minutes in between, but I don't think it was. I don't remember the containers being empty in the second one, just lots of lockpicks. I will do some testing tonight on this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

It has been a while since I have gone from Dwemer to Dwemer on Farming runs, but I don't recall the containers being completely empty when I visited a ruin in another zone. It could have been 30 or more minutes in between, but I don't think it was. I don't remember the containers being empty in the second one, just lots of lockpicks. I will do some testing tonight on this.
    going to every single dwemer cave / ruin and finding all containers empty was a bugg that was happening before at the start of the dwemer armor pages, it must have returned.
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO

I don't know I have a lot..

I run inner sea armature everyday atleast 4 times if not more per day in the afternoons and I have some frames up for sale and plenty of scrap gotta grind for it man