The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Issues - NA PC - Both Live and PTS

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm told that Blizzard, steam and multiple other places are down.

It's an alien invasion. They want to cap all the gamers first by following our frequent connection requests back to our gaming dens.

I'm headed for my alien invasion shelter. Out.

you fool! It's the tinfoil hat! Quickly put on your tinfoil hat and it will be ok.

• Nax
    Nax
    ✭✭✭
    http://map.norsecorp.com/ Who knows if this is even legitimate, but... Wat.

PS-- EU server here, though am residing on the other side of the pond.
    Edited by Nax on August 28, 2015 5:32AM
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    okay what is that? I clicked on the link and have no idea what I am looking at lol
  • kpau
    kpau
    Soul Shriven
    danno8 wrote: »
    Can't even launch the game anymore. Launcher can't even get a "Play" or "repair" button up now.

This. Me. Also my friends in other parts of the country on different tiers and different ISPs. Do not suggest it is on our end. Too many people who work in the computer network industry to throw that one out. Either your login server app is hosed and needs a reboot or your network conduits are futzed. That would fit in with the errors people are seeing ingame with high ping and terrible latency.
  • Sarovan
    Sarovan
    ✭✭
    Is that Seattle being attacked up in the NW?
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭

Steam is fine, just purchased a game and am downloading it....while I wait for ESO to solve the issues. Don't know about Blizzard, steam is good so are other MMO's.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nax wrote: »

Wow, what an amazing site. I would love to know if it's legit or not. I am seeing some continual attacks against a town that borders my town and it looks like some of my countrymen are making retaliatory attacks. I could stare at this for hours...
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarovan wrote: »
    Is that Seattle being attacked up in the NW?

Yeah, that's where I live so it's been really interesting staring at http://map.norsecorp.com/

I guess it's not surprising since Microsoft and Amazon have their HQ here.

Edited by Grunim on August 28, 2015 5:57AM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's an alien invasion. They want to cap all the gamers first by following our frequent connection requests back to our gaming dens.

Given that gamers are probably the most practiced when it comes to shooting zombies/aliens/random weird things, you would think they would leave our internetz up until such time when they have conquered the rest of the planet - leaving us emerging from our darkened hovels (in search of energy drinks and pizza) a few days after conquest and going "wtf?" when it is already too late. Cutting off our internet early in the invasion process would be a massive mistake for them.

Oh and Steam is fine here. Because they don't have all their servers in one location.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2015 5:59AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    not a good look.. the day b4 they release a major update, the game is down??

I cant log in.. haven't been able to and been experiencing bad lag in game and game crashes last 2 days. My ISP is optimum, and no problems on my end.

Sigh, I just wanna play :(
    Hassanchoppa of Nyc, v14 Orc NB "Retired craft bot"
    Giroskitsoo v14, high elf Sorc
    Giroskitsoo At'En Why Sea, v14 Redguard NB
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    Nax wrote: »

Nice site but it could worse they could be ICBM's we seeing.But then again that may not be a bad thing :)
  • tigerblood
    tigerblood
    ✭✭
    My client finally let me on after I switched off unlimited and toggled 10Mbps download on the client startup app. Not sure if it is relevant but try it if you want.

*Nope now it's down.
    Edited by tigerblood on August 28, 2015 8:02AM
  • GiRoSkItSoO
    no. my client and my friends client also started letting us in at around the same time.. we got on and there were a few people on. we took a camp and than crashed at the same time..

dont know whats goin on.
    Hassanchoppa of Nyc, v14 Orc NB "Retired craft bot"
    Giroskitsoo v14, high elf Sorc
    Giroskitsoo At'En Why Sea, v14 Redguard NB
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    When I just attempted to log on the message where the announcements should be said "The pc/mac North American server is unavailable while we perform maintenance" so apparently they took it offline to try and fix whatever is wrong.
  • dantheman1972
    My hunch is that this was a DDoS attack on their servers, and their ISP shut them down. Once it was under resolution (ISPs take their sweet time too), it was decided to perform maintenance on all platform servers, since they had no service anyways. The ISP opened them back up for business (quicker response time than ZOS expected), but server mtc is still underway. Just going on the fact that the servers could not even be pinged during the outage but now they can, however not currently insv due to a controlled mtc action.
  • dantheman1972
    2hrs later for mtc, and Xbox servers are up. Sorry, I'm a console user, but zero meaningful conversation about this outage in that forum. Game on!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, as per the main thread for this outage (affecting all megaservers), the issue was fixed by 6:28am EDT this morning - refer to page 39. (There were a LOT of threads for this issue). Cause of the issue is unclear - to us (users) anyway - but the fix process involved rebooting all the megaservers.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Given that gamers are probably the most practiced when it comes to shooting zombies/aliens/random weird things, you would think they would leave our internetz up until such time when they have conquered the rest of the planet - leaving us emerging from our darkened hovels (in search of energy drinks and pizza) a few days after conquest and going "wtf?" when it is already too late. Cutting off our internet early in the invasion process would be a massive mistake for them.

Oh and Steam is fine here. Because they don't have all their servers in one location.

Did you not see Ender's Game???? I'm sure the aliens did.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since the server went offline with the website the other night, I cant connect. I got in for maybe 5 minutes before loading booted me and gives me error 108 and 301 all the time.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • PreciousFaith
    PreciousFaith
    ✭✭
    Welcome to STRYLA where PvP rubber bands with 4 ppl using skills in the area and you get 5 sec lag spikes. Ive been told it is my Australian NBN fastest connection in my country issue.

All those pretty skills and SERVER side GRASS rendering/animations are what seems to lag me out (how would I know?) When i get d/c'd and log back in and the game hasnt loaded grass or skill animations the game works PERFECT then 10secs later when it all loads in.... /face desk moment.

They did not take into account the countries they allowed to play the game like australia would have issues with tiny things.

A british EU company that thinks everyone who plays is in the US.

They dont even know that the distance to connect too the EU megaservers for an australian is FURTHER away than connecting too the US megaservers. (They state EU is/was Australians main choice they should pick for the best connectivity)

High 5 too the face for lack of research Zeni.