The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't start Long Lost Lore

freddiebox
freddiebox
✭✭
So, I got an invitation to the guild and joined it. This worked as I can unlock the Persuasive Will skill in the tree. However, I'm now Rank 1 and according to the Wikia I should be able to start Long Lost Lore. But when I walk up to Valaste she only give me a small dialogue saying that the spell is ready that ends with a goodbye. No quest marker above her head no nothing. Did I miss anything?
Edited by freddiebox on August 27, 2015 12:22AM

Best Answer

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freddiebox wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Do you have any other active Guild quests? If not, you may need to leave the area for a while and come back later; you could also try going to a Mages Guild in a different city and see if Adelle Montagne is there, as she will also give you the quest if you are at a Guildhall other than the one Valaste is in.
    Tried leaving the region for a while, tried relogging, tried going to Elden Root, and she just stands there doing nothing. And no, I odn't have any other active guild quests.
    For Long Lost Lore, Valaste is in Vulkhel Guard, not Elden Root. But Adelle Montagne should have been in Elden Root, either just outside or just inside the Guildhall. Did you see Adelle anywhere?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any other active Guild quests? If not, you may need to leave the area for a while and come back later; you could also try going to a Mages Guild in a different city and see if Adelle Montagne is there, as she will also give you the quest if you are at a Guildhall other than the one Valaste is in.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Tried leaving the region for a while, tried relogging, tried going to Elden Root, and she just stands there doing nothing. And no, I odn't have any other active guild quests.
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    I think I fixed it, I used the /reloadui command far away from Vulkhel Guard and poof the quest marker above her head appeared. Will come back reporting if the quest initiate like it should.