Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Sorc Destro Staff help!

rowanwatkins3
Hi! I would just like some advice on my current build I have going now. I have about 1.8k Magicka Regen and my magicka is sitting on 21.5k, health 9.25k and my stamina is 8.82k. I feel often like my dps sucks, but I'm not looking at numbers at all. All my gear either has max magicka or magicka regen but my magicka still depletes so quickly! This is my build:
( I'm a sorc)

Bar 1- Fire Staff
1- Flame Reach
2- Hardened Ward
3- Unstable Wall of Fire
4-Force Pulse
5-Fire Ring

Bar 2 - Restoration Staff (healing build)
1-Rapid Regeneration
2- Hardened Ward
3- Blessing of Restoration
4- Force Siphon
5- Healing Springs
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    @rowanwatkins3

What helps, if you haven't already, is an armour set such as the Seducer. 2 heavy 5 light. Make sure you enchant each item with magica. your Jewellery should be the reduce magic type.

If you have all that already, I am not sure why you have the problem.
    Edited by Artfuldodger on August 26, 2015 4:29PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Are you making sure to weave in light/heavy attacks with your staves and not just spamming spells? You didn't mention your level, but you are sitting at a pretty decent level for magicka and magicka regen. What content are you doing where you find yourself running low?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not PVP'ed so please keep this in mind. With that said I rarely have magika issue

First bar Destruction staff
    Critical Surge
    Crushing shock
    Crystal Shard
    Mages Fury
    Dark conversion or Equilibrium
    Overload

Second bar Destruction staff
    Critical Surge
    Elemental blockade or replace with lighting flood
    Elemental ring
    Boundless storm
    Shattering prison
    Overload

Third bar(Because I used overload twice)
    Critical surge
    Bound armaments
    Inner light
    Bolt escape
    Annulment

Single target DPS rotation:
    Light attack
    Crushing shock
    Repeat till Crystal shards procs
    Once proc use crystal shard
    Light attack
    Crushing shock
    once the target it below 20% use endless Fury.

Always weave light attacks between skills.

During Boss fights you will need Dark conversation or Equilibrium
    Edited by Defilted on August 26, 2015 4:44PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having these discussions because I am always interested in how everyone else sets there Sorc up.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about 1.8k Magicka Regen and my magicka is sitting on 21.5k, health 9.25k and my stamina is 8.82k. I feel often like my dps sucks....All my gear either has max magicka or magicka regen but my magicka still depletes so quickly! This is my build:

Regen is OK, but since it ticks periodically, it is better to reduce your spell cost as much as possible in exchange for some regen reduction.

As mentioned above, you want to run a 5 piece Seducer set. Pick what you want for the 3 Piece, Torugs Pact is good.
    Also, put champ points into Spell Cost Reduction, you want at least 8% for that if you can.
    Learn to weave light/heavy attacks in between spells, it really helps preserve the mana pool. If you figure out animation canceling, even better.
    Put Kuta Based Spell Cost Reduction Glyphs on your jewelery. Rekuta if you have to, but Kuta would be best. Kutas add up to more reduction overall than the sum of the parts.
    Use Blue Foods that boost Mana and Health. Purples would be nice too, but Blue gives more to the two stats

Do this and it will be difficult to run out of magic if you remember to weave your attacks. In fact, I run the same set up on my magic DK and he is in 5 Heavy 2 Light so gets little from the Light Armor passives for magic. As soon as I put the Kuta spell cost reductions on him, I have yet to run out of magic, even in boss fights in group dungeons. In regular mob fights, by the time I can look at the magic bar, it is already filled back up. I mean he spends 83 magic to fire off Burning Embers, and around 300 for Flame Whip. My regen is only at 1208, but I barely move my bar in combat now.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree the food is very important and a big factor to being able to lengthen the amount of sustained DPS.
    Edited by Defilted on August 26, 2015 6:02PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! I would just like some advice on my current build I have going now. I have about 1.8k Magicka Regen and my magicka is sitting on 21.5k, health 9.25k and my stamina is 8.82k. I feel often like my dps sucks, but I'm not looking at numbers at all. All my gear either has max magicka or magicka regen but my magicka still depletes so quickly! This is my build:
    ( I'm a sorc)

Bar 1- Fire Staff
    1- Flame Reach
    2- Hardened Ward
    3- Unstable Wall of Fire
    4-Force Pulse
    5-Fire Ring

Bar 2 - Restoration Staff (healing build)
    1-Rapid Regeneration
    2- Hardened Ward
    3- Blessing of Restoration
    4- Force Siphon
    5- Healing Springs

Is this for pve or pvp? It's quite an aoe focused setup.
    - You probably don't need Unstable Wall of Elements and Elemental Ring, just one or the other would do.
    - I recommend Crystal Frags for your main bar. Using sorc skills will raise your spell damage through Expert Mage passive.
    - Mages Wrath/Fury is a great execute.
    - Using electricity will regularly proc Disintegration which helps you out a lot.
    - You don't need Hardened Ward on both bars, I recommend having it on bar 2 and getting used to switching bars a lot.
    - You have 3 heals on your back bar, 2 is enough at most, 1 is probably enough
    - If you're going for a mob grinding aoe build then Shattering Prison is a good skill to slot, especially when used with Wall of Elements or Fire Ring.
    - So On bar1 I would replace Flame Reach with Velocious Curse, replace the Hardened Ward with Mages Wrath or Streak, replace one of your aoe skills with Crystal Frags, not necessarily in that order.
    - On bar2 I would replace one of your heals with Shattering Prison, and another one for Mages Wrath or Streak depending on what you used on bar1
    - This would make a good general pve/leveling build

Sorry about the formatting, hope that makes sense.
    PC | EU
  • rowanwatkins3
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate help :) I for some reason thought hardened ward was like a pet and unsummoned xD ! I will have some fun with your advice!