Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alternate way to send guild message of the day?

digitalpackrat
digitalpackrat
Soul Shriven
I am playing on the xbox one and was wondering if there was an easier was to send the entire guild a message than using the in game single line viewer. Is it possible to do so from a pc or an app on the phone?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on the xbox one and was wondering if there was an easier was to send the entire guild a message than using the in game single line viewer. Is it possible to do so from a pc or an app on the phone?

At the moment there is no alternative. On the pc people use an addon, but due to the nature of consoles add-ons there are not possible. There has been several posts in the general discussions part of the forum where players claimed that some functions provided from add-ons on pc are such a quality of life function that these functions should be available on the console too.

but besides a dev letting us know that he is "lurking" on of these posts (meaning he let us know that he is following what is being said without giving any personal or official opinion bout it), no official statement has been made.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the xbox Smartglass app would be of help? I use it whenever I send in-game mail...so much better than using the joystick deal. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for a guild update since you throw it to your screen.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • digitalpackrat
    digitalpackrat
    Soul Shriven
    That's a great idea. Haven't used the app I awhile. I will try it this weekend and post my findings
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    If writing the guild message of the day activates the Xbox keyboard thing that comes up then using the Smartglass app should work as long as it's connected to your Xbox on the same internet that your Xbox uses. And I say same internet because my router has two different frequencies that I can connect to, but if I want to use the Smartglass app I need to be on the same frequency as the Xbox and not the other. I use the app to write in game mail. Don't see why a guild message would be any different.
  • luthrower66
    You can use the XBOX ONE app from PC or Phone to update MOTD. Confirmed 3/10/18.