Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

White circle with a white dot in the middle

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
Above my head apparently. I can't see it myself another player messaged me asking what it is. Any one have any ideas?
Thanks.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not painted on your back?
    idea.gif
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means you are speaking
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Mic is on.
    White is area Chat
    Blue group chat
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Mic is always turned off cant be that.

@SirAndy Above my head according to person that messaged me.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies, that was my poor attempt at humor. As in, a target circle painted on your back ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 24, 2015 8:53PM
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    A bit odd, I have a mute option on my MIC which is always selected. Ever since day one of having the game my PSN name has been displayed in the bottom right hand side, it no longer is. I know no one has heard me when it was because I tried talking to players before when it was muted.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    @SirAndy I was a bit slow to catch on when replying :)
    -Johnny Depp
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure what the issue is, but that symbol above your head means you are talking. My Mic has a slider that turns it off and sometimes it gets wonky and doesn't mute all the way.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Mic is always turned off cant be that.

actually it is that ... your mike may well be switched off but when you log in or rezone ESO will by default register your mike as on

( fix by quickly turning your mike on and then off )

are you on a console ... my PS4 ESO ALWAYS havs my voice chat on by default despite my mike being turned off permanently (unless in a group)

even when I turn off all voice chat inside Social options, it switches on again if I relog and sometimes just with rezoning .. that pisses me off badly
    Edited by OzJohnD on August 24, 2015 11:34PM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭

Excellant thank you. I was starting to turn the mic on and off but it keeps turning back on, as you say really annoying. That's why my name would always appear on screen. Just glad the mic does't actually work when switched off.
    -Johnny Depp
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this in another thread ... BT headsets have a tebdancy to inmute when changing zones for some reason
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    It is not just BT headsets that do this. I have a USB headset that does the exact same things - PS4. it is extremely annoying.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    @Pyro117

I have a P12 Turtle beach, not sure if the issue lies with the PS4 as I have not had this problem with other games.
    My own fault I should have figured out why my PSN name was always on screen.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    I am using the Tritton AX Pro (bought about 5-6 years ago). It uses the USB for voice and the TOS link for sound.

It is a problem with ESO and how VOIP was implemented. The PSN party chat nor any other games have this issue.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pyro117

I have a P12 Turtle beach, not sure if the issue lies with the PS4 as I have not had this problem with other games.
    My own fault I should have figured out why my PSN name was always on screen.

Oddly enough I have the elite 800s I was thinking it might be a turtle beach specific problem as my mate uses tritons with no issues